Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    he actually has 3 maws
    Oh, hey, yeah.

Was wondering about those other bits, thought they might be wings or growths or something. But I totally see it now.

I'm curious, if N'zoth has "maws" around his head like that, 3 on the front, 3 on the back, 1 on top, that is seven "heads".

Here's a biblical passage that might be relevant:

John saw the beast "rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy." (Revelation 13:1)

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Y'shaarj was so powerful "physically" that a Pantheon had to kill him by himself.
    Y'shaarj defeated the Titan keepers
    Y'shaarj had the most powerful generals
    Y'shaarj hit the land of Azeorth with a curse which effective until today
    That was my point. That between Y'Shaarj and Yogg-Saron, they're given way more credence in terms of either power (Y'Shaarj) or impact (Yogg-Saron) over C'Thun so it was weird to focus on that one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    That was my point. That between Y'Shaarj and Yogg-Saron, they're given way more credence in terms of either power (Y'Shaarj) or impact (Yogg-Saron) over C'Thun so it was weird to focus on that one.
    maybe the fact when Blizzard tried to use c'thun in story, It was in comic with Med'an
    and the rest is history

Deleted
    I'm sure I've seen this in a hentai before...

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    N'Zoth seems to have been powering up with the defeat of the other two since Wrath.

-He's the one that boosted Deathwing to nigh-indestructable.
    -He's pulling the strings of the Emerald Nightmare.
    -Was basically behind everything in Cataclysm, including those giant maws.

Considering we see Old God presence of N'Zoth's spawn outside of his original territory, it is not unreasonably to conclude he's been burrowing his tendrils further, taking over the territories of the other two Old Gods, and growing in power.

Meaning N'Zoth now, could be the strongest Old God we've ever faced.
    DW did not get powered up since his defeat pre cata. He was already powered up, he just got beaten to where the energies within him were seeping out violently hence he needed the plating put on him in Deepholm while he healed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethenil View Post
    Source? The Old Gods are outside the cycle, such has been confirmed by Herald Volazj and others.
    First of all they were stated dead at the Blizzcon around Cata. go look it up yourself it's been posted plenty.

Secondly, boss quotes are not factual lore otherwise that means DW is still alive since he said he was indomitable during the fight which means he can't be beaten. So no, boss quotes are not to be take as anything other than flavor typically, especially small one bit type stuff like that.

Thirdly outside the cycle can mean anything really. Maybe he means they don't menstruate. You're reading far too much into that.

TLDR: Old gods are all dead except Nzoth.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    First of all they were stated dead at the Blizzcon around Cata. go look it up yourself it's been posted plenty.

Secondly, boss quotes are not factual lore otherwise that means DW is still alive since he said he was indomitable during the fight which means he can't be beaten. So no, boss quotes are not to be take as anything other than flavor typically, especially small one bit type stuff like that.

Thirdly outside the cycle can mean anything really. Maybe he means they don't menstruate. You're reading far too much into that.

TLDR: Old gods are all dead except Nzoth.
    I thought there were 5 old gods? Y'shaarj was the one the titans killed, but there were four others that were subdued. Yogg, C'thun, N'zoth, and x? or did they decide in recent years that the one the titans killed was the 5th unnamed one?

5th Old God retconned out of existence.

That's a bummer. This means there's very little mystery left in that pocket of lore and it's the last bit of story from old school warcraft/WoW that has kept me interested in lore this long. At least they've saved most of the good shit for that story arc even if the rest of the game has suffered in certain areas storywise.
    Last edited by rasako; 2016-03-22 at 07:50 PM.

Was there a 5th Old God? I know there were always those theories and rumors like the image where they drew a star diagram to show possible Old God locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Was there a 5th Old God? I know there were always those theories and rumors like the image where they drew a star diagram to show possible Old God locations.
    The Warcraft 3 manual and this both state "five evil gods."

War of the Ancients trilogy said "three Old Gods are actively trying to escape their prison."

Chronicle makes it only the Four.

The Warcraft 3 manual and this both state "five evil gods."

War of the Ancients trilogy said "three Old Gods are actively trying to escape their prison."

Chronicle makes it only the Four.
    Well that sucks.

All of you are meanies calling yogg a chump! Yogg 0 did two things in my life. He made me afraid of vagina. He turned me gay.

On a serious note: His fight was fantastic and required robotic levels of play to kill. I look forward to the next old god boss fight!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    None of these fuckers stand a chance to Cthulhu and the Coon. and all of them would lose to Batman. Because he's Batman.

Guys, you are debating fictional strength. There is no stronger or weaker here. It's whomever the writers decide is stronger at the moment who'll win. And if Li Li Stormstout kicks the Old gods in the face (if they have one) and wins a Bikini contest with pre-corrupted Azshara there is nothing you can do about it. At all.
    Li Li? Never? Taoshi? I could accept that. Dat sexy voice is already a win.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    In terms of what, appearance? Or do you mean power?
    Others already mentioned before but yeah the answer is pretty obvious. We don't have a Y'Shaarj art yet, and it was confirmed in Chronicles that Y'Shaarj is the most powerful of the four by far. I mean the Titans were content with letting their followers fight the other ones (Yoggie bear, N'Zoth, and Toon) but Y'Shaarj had to be killed directly. Like when Batman actually decided to break his no kill rule and shoot Darkseid, cause he just crossed that line. Oh and with his last breath he created a bunch of monsters that can kill you dead even if you are strong enough to solo Toon and Yoggie.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I'm curious, if N'zoth has "maws" around his head like that, 3 on the front, 3 on the back, 1 on top, that is seven "heads".

Here's a biblical passage that might be relevant:

John saw the beast "rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy." (Revelation 13:1)
    Well its Y'Shaarj who supposedly has seven heads. Seven goat head. And seven eyes, so one eye for each head.

Deleted
    N'Zoth looks great, looking forward to seeing him in game one day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically there is still a fifth Old God, its just not on Azeroth. The Sethekk worship it as the "true master of the Arakkoa"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    Technically there is still a fifth Old God, its just not on Azeroth. The Sethekk worship it as the "true master of the Arakkoa"
    They were talking about the ones on Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like, he looks a loot one Krakren, and looks more like Cthulhu than C'thun

fits from a abyssal demigod chained beneath the sea

Looks kind of like a Kraken with eyes and Mouths all over the place. And of course with parts of it's body being SEPERATE maws.

I guess N'zoth is probably the creator of the Kraken.
    Last edited by Mgann-Morzz; 2016-03-23 at 09:17 AM.