Page 18 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    You make statements - they are not necessarily true.
    You should ask questions instead.
    Dude, quit replying to me. You're distracting the thread. I'm waiting for updates from the MMO CHAMPION reporter on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    This is the point.

Islam has to reform their religion and their traditions, since they are prone to create violent extremists.
    You mean corrupt like Christianity. Not reform. That's the wrong word.

Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    The "0.1%" is actually 15-30%. Yes, if any of the other populations would have 30% supporters for the extreme one, I would try to avoid them...
    Source?

/10char
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengekaer View Post
    I can see the problem in working with Turkey, believe me. And I don't think it will work very well, bribing them and stuff. But, if the billions of Euro we hand them does indeed have a small effect, it's going to buy us at least some valuable time. In that case, I can live with the Turks laughing all the way to the bank.
    If the turks take the cash and do nothing, well that's a failed investment right there, but we'll also endure that.
    So alltogether, I think it's worth it trying to bribe Turkey even if it will only have a small temporary effect. If Turkey decides to act up to the treaty for some time, it could mean the difference between 100.000 or 125.000 angry young men per month (for some time -- this is just a fictional example btw) and wearing those optics, I think its worth a shot. Even if it only slows the migration a little.
    That being said, Turkey is not our 'friend'. Recent events have indeed underscored that they are an enemy of Europe and our values. But sometimes, you can work with an enemy for your own benefit, long as one's aware of their adversarial position.
    I´m not talking about turkey, i´m talking about the countries the far right are working together with. The ones that don´t want to take any refugees at all and leave the ones that have to take them alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Holas View Post
    The "0.1%" is actually 15-30%. Yes, if any of the other populations would have 30% supporters for the extreme one, I would try to avoid them...
    And you have citation for that. And just to be clear, what are "the extreme one"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    No. Naming Obama is random. That dude is as moderate as you can get. [1]

Trudeau? SJW poster boy. Gave laptops to refugees when Canada is going broke ...

[1] Look I know you hate his guts and he has made mistakes but he isn't "leftist".
    Obama is center-left, not leftist. And while I throughly disagree with Obama's second term foreign policy (and how came to be), and don't think much of him as a person, I agree with a majority (but not all) of his first term foreign policy and both term domestic policy he's been historically centrist, even center-right some times. He's been a good custodian of the country from that perspective. Foreign policy is just what I usually talk about, and my primary political interest, so it has outsized influence. I mean, the economic case for Obama is very hard to argue against.

I said Trudeau was random because I mean, it's Canada. Not that there is anything wrong with Canada... Canadians are awesome. But him being a SJW or whatever is not indicative of anything insofar as the world goes.

Next time I hear 'ALLAH SNACKBAR!', I'm hitting the deck

Quote Originally Posted by Estherna View Post
    And 44,3% of Americans are actually Lizardmen from outer space. Throwing numbers at random is funny but not really useful. Putting ourselves in an assieged state of mind is never going to produce anything.
    Hell, Israel is being rough with Palestians for 50 years now and see how well that serve them.
    The numbers come from here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPvnFDDQHk
    Educate yourself a bit.

Israel is the only state that didn't exterminate/banished the loser like ALL the rest of conflict victors did. I guess they thought they are better than the rest of the world and would be loved for it. They were wrong and it was a big mistake Israel is paying for today.
    ISIS has 15% supporters at the palestinians (highest everywhere, the average is 6% in arab world). Hamas is working with ISIS against Egypt as they share same agenda.
    But hey if a terror attack in France, Belgium,UK, USA = ISIS/Muslim fault. A terror attack in Israel = Jews fault (EVEN if its done by ISIS), so go figure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think you are forgetting the radical Islamic ideology somewhere in that line of causation, unsurprisingly. The west has fucked over many many people, just like almost all countries have, most of them aren't blowing themselves up in Belgium airports right now.
    So, IS is not radical Islam?

I think you are forgetting the radical Islamic ideology somewhere in that line of causation, unsurprisingly. The west has fucked over many many people, just like almost all countries have, most of them aren't blowing themselves up in Belgium airports right now.
    Insert all the radical Islamic ideology you want in there, what does it change about the creation of IS? Nothing. IS is a political consequence of Hussein being killed as a direct result of the US invasion. Radical Islamism or not, IS and whatever they do is blood on the US' hands.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Deleted
    This is the sort of thing that happens when you let millions of immigrants from many nations in the Middle East, Africa and Asia in without strict background checks. Now it's too late, but you trusted the idiot Merkel and the countries that kept screaming "let them in" even while the nations in the EU closest to the problem kept saying how it's a bad idea.

Deleted
    Question is are the attackers out of Molenbeek or not?

Belgium is such a shady country, full of weapons.

Terrorism is the new norm. I think every one need to sit down and think the monstrosity that we have created.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-03-22 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Smart move. Ridiculing a religion, probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    This is the sort of thing that happens when you let millions of immigrants from many nations in the Middle East, Africa and Asia in without strict background checks. Now it's too late, but you trusted the idiot Merkel and the countries that kept screaming "let them in" even while the nations in the EU closest to the problem kept saying how it's a bad idea.
    Hi, these terrorists have nothing to do with the refugees. They most likely were in the country for a long while. You don't get to buy explosives like that in any supermarket. And certainly not in refugee camps.

Deleted
    I live 5 minutes from Maelbeek and pass there almost every day. Fucking scary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yes because Islam is both monolithic and has a dictatorial centralised leadership that can make that happen.

Reform is slow, look at Christianity's reformation, it took centuries and still has its nutjobs that shoot people.
    It took centuries because the speed of information wasn't really helping at the time.

Take any of the Catholic Councils: some had to span several years between each session because of the logistics involved (you know, like wars preventing travel?). Nowaday you can have an online meeting with how many people you desire at the flick of a finger.

And that council can be shown to the followers of your faith in real time, no need to wait years to see a pamphlet by someone which happened to be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synadrasa View Post
    Hahahah it's what the Belgians are doing, apparently the president/minister whatever told the belgians to stay at home hjahahahaha, gutless euros haaha

Quote Originally Posted by ChimayBleue View Post
    I live 5 minutes from Maelbeek and pass there almost every day. Fucking scary
    Take care, observe, be prepared. Don't let the hate get you.

Yeah i disagree, sorry. The US didn't blow themselves up in an airport, the terrorists did, and they didn't do it because of US foreign policy, they did it because of their Religion.
    As I pointed out earlier, that's a bit of a shortsighted view. But I can live with us not agreeing on this. But next time the US wants to play cowboy somewhere, don't be surprised when Europeans are not really in favour of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Can't wait to see this somehow blamed on Trump.
    There you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Smart move. Ridiculing a religion, probably not.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, these terrorists have nothing to do with the refugees. They most likely were in the country for a long while. You don't get to buy explosives like that in any supermarket. And certainly not in refugee camps.

You act as if Islamphobia is a bad thing.