Page 30 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Doesn't matter who started it, both were disgusting and wrong and religion has no place in 2016.
    I know but they still want to go back and say crusades and yet they never talk about who really started it. Islamics Launched their Crusades in 630 A.D.
    Western Crusades started in 1095 A.D. to Stop Muslim Invasion heck the Islamics went into Mongolia and China and they where stopped by them. They blow up Buddhism Shrines and other things 1000's of years old that you can not replace ever its just one of the worst if not the worst religion on earth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Ofc they have, many atrocity was committed in the name of god. Centuries ago. Its does not matter much for today.
    Also why does one always have to include other religions? this is akin to beating someone up and then justifying it by saying that "but X also did it!".
    Uhm, that´s not the point, the point is that religion itself has nothing to do with it, since there are still quite the number of christians in the western world and despite their ancestors sharing the same religion, they don´t go on a killing spree in the name of god every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Conjecture, and you likely won't. But give proof of it.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...shment_1.shtml

I haven´t found any comparable polls but that´s a start.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    meet me in the middle somewhere and we could set an example.
    I'd love to, but I've never been a fan of the middle ground. Sometimes it's better to stay right than to meet wrong halfway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    I don't challenge what you said at all, but it should be mentioned that some christian faiths more or less entirely disregard the old testament, and sees it as plain fairy tales meant to get the reader to think, to put his mind into harsh situations and moral dilemmas, with the hope of coming out of it all the wiser. Rather like fables, in that regard. That's more or less the attitude of our church, for example. A stance all religions could need more of, and particularly so islam, obviously.
    We do ignore the OT and continued to do so more and more the more educated the population became, going through some sort enlightenment period. Kinda was hoping the arab spring would do that sadly it didn't as it got hijacked and pushed even more extremist thinking by some groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sama-81 View Post
    Islam, as an organized religion, needs an overhaul - it needs it badly, and it needs it fast. It quite simply needs a far, far better organization in order to strangle the legitimacy of entities like ISIS, something it is beyond poor at doing at the moment. Not to mention an even more sorely needed modernization, bringing the majority of the faith into the 21st century (hell, even the 20th century would be an improvement) in regards to morals, values and the like. Rather like what christianity went through a long time ago.

I do agree that it is entirely pointless to vilify all muslims or claiming that islam in itself is evil - and entirely wrong to equate islam and muslims - however, it is a very understandable reaction in the long term unless islam as an organized religion actually starts doing what it can to reform. That's where the main burden lie, although naturally far from all of it. While we can't force that change, inaction will simply mean that it remains a prolific breeding ground for terrorism, which in the long run would mean that the religion itself starts to become a valid target - something noone (sane) wants to happen. I'm sure not everyone will agree, but there you have it. Either way, lets hope for a reformation, because the future is looking bleak without one.
    I don't think "reforming Islam" is possible, it's not one religion. It's a conglomerate of many different streams under the banner of one religion, but really they're really quite independant from each other. Think protestants and catholics, but without the cleansing effect of the 30 year war. All those tensions Luther caused? Think how they'd still affect us to this day if they hadn't duked it out in Germany in the 17th century.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    I never said those people don't exist, my problem with your statements are you define a whole group based on the actions of a few. The whole dating thing i know people still overly protective over their family and i know the opposite, this is tribal behavior leaning more to the region they came from then the religion they belong to since you see this sort of "blood honor" protection also in eastern europe and they are christian, i don't approve of it far from.

I had people radicalize also in my group, broke of contact with them but the vast majority doesn't. Also seems to happen more with berbers than turks, actually don't know any turk that radicalized.
    The vast majority probably doesn't but a hell of a lot of people do and even more people agree with the reasons they are doing certain things.
    You can't blame people in Europe being scared, angry and sad with the recent events and I was reading they are becoming more and more frequent.

All I am saying is that something needs to be done because we can't keep being blown up in the name of a religion just because we don't believe in the same shit as they do.
    However whatever can or needs to be done can't be good for either side as it will probably result in bloodshet in one way or another.

We do ignore the OT and continued to do so more and more the more educated the population became, going through some sort enlightenment period. Kinda was hoping the arab spring would do that sadly it didn't as it got hijacked and pushed even more extremist thinking by some groups.
    Yeah, the arab spring really was a missed chance for Islam. It could've worked wonders globally. *sigh*

I was so excited when it happened...
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

http://katohika.gr/wp-content/upload...da-612x400.png

Let me translate for u. Greeks believe in the word of the prophet in order to save your lifes. War has come to your country, the blood of the infidels will be spilt. SOLDIER OF ALLAH.

This was being thrown out by muslims in small flyers today and was translated. This is muslims for u. Come with us or die.

Deliver me that quote about woman, rape also becomes a bargaining tool in the story of sodom and gomorrah.

Beyond that, read this about the killing of others rather long but considering you take the time to look up quotes you have the time to read it all

http://www.questionsonislam.com/node/13032
    The issue is that a lot of this things are open ended and can be very easily taken out of context or used to promote violence.
    Again with the christian mythos usage, christianity does not do this sort of thing anymore, it used to sure, and in some places in Africa, but all-in-all you see no real religious violence anymore, thus it does not really matter.

This is not the "who has it worse olympics", christianity is not really taken seriously in the west, it does not really shape behaviour.

"It is because of this that We ordained for (all humankind, but particularly for) the Children of Israel: He who kills a soul unless it be (in legal punishment) for murder or for causing disorder and corruption on the earth will be as if he had killed all humankind; "

Fine and dandy for example, until you define what is a sin and thus eligible for "legal punishment". I don't know, such as being an apostate or a non-believer.

Also a site dedicated to present Islamic belief in a good light isnt the best source of information. Ofc its going to be presented as moderate and rational.
    Just as there are tons of sites filled with bias towards it and try to put it out of context and make it look worse than it is.
    Thus, one reads the damn book in the first place. I've read it when I was 15ish, so before the whole "muslims are evil" period of time, and by then I was already slightly disturbed by what goes in the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Yeah, the arab spring really was a missed chance for Islam. It could've worked wonders globally. *sigh*

Too bad it was ruined by islamfacists and not by peaceful multicultural muslims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    I'd love to, but I've never been a fan of the middle ground. Sometimes it's better to stay right than to meet wrong halfway.
    I guess genocide is right then?

The Muslim world has fallen so far behind the development curve the past 25 years compared to the rest of the rapidly developing world... and not to mention decades (or more) of frozen political evolution...

Unwinding all of that, then reforming and modernizing the Muslim world, a bottom up thing, will take a century. And if it's done any faster, it'll be half formed and prone to failure (see Iraq).

If the human race is in this for the long haul - and I presume we are right? - they it needs to be earned, by the Muslim world, just as democracy and a world-leading respect for human rights was earned by Europe on the backs of what... three or four major continent devastation wars in the last two hundred years (and change)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Spell out for me what ISIS stands for, friend.

Actually, don't worry about it, I'll help you out

Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
    To be fair just because they call themselves that doesn't mean they're Islamic.

The Lord's Resistance Army wasn't Christian.

The Democratic People's Republic of Korea isn't democratic, belongs to the Kim family not the people, isn't a republic and isn't even Korean - it's only half of Korea.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

It probably would´ve worked if the west would´ve helped and wasn´t just sitting back patting themself on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Uhm, that´s not the point, the point is that religion itself has nothing to do with it, since there are still quite the number of christians in the western world and despite their ancestors sharing the same religion, they don´t go on a killing spree in the name of god every now and then.
    That is quite naive... again, religion is a major factor.

You cannot compare western Christianity with middle-eastern Islamic belief.

Because in the first, christianity is merely a tradition, there is little to almost no religious behaviour and thinking outside of specific areas (bible belt in the US, and they are very tame). While the second is something that is born from deep indoctrination from birth and validated through life and culture, the degree to which it affects mentality, thinking, behaviour is far beyond, thus making a comparison is kind invalid.
    Its akin to comparing a match fire to a chemical fire, both are fire, thus if you can touch the first one quite easily and even quench it, surely you can be safe to touch the flames of petrol fire. See what I mean?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religi...shment_1.shtml

I haven´t found any comparable polls but that´s a start.
    Thanks, will take a look.

Deleted
    It probably would´ve worked if the west would´ve helped and wasn´t just sitting back patting themself on the back.
    And what should the west have done? All they do is being shit on in the past 20 years anyway.
    We can't do anything right in that part of the world.

All these mindless acts of violence committed in the name of an unknown, unseen, unheard, and most likely non existent deity. What kind of insanity drives a person to believe killing innocents will make people want to believe the same as them? These attacks only do one thing, make people hate them. I will never understand the stupidity and insanity that is in the radical groups like this.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Islam is a hate religion. They say its about peace... lol. For the entire existence of their religion, they have never got along with anyone.

There was a study (can't find it) where they asked muslims if they support this terror and stuff like that. Well.. very small part of them agreed with the fundamentalists, but surprisingly huge portion of them had that "but..." there. They might not want to make bombs and kill everyone who insults their religion, but they sure look away and allow those that do want to do so without stopping them. So basically, if I recall, nearly half of muslims rather look away.

Fundamentalist muslims want to kill and behead you.
    Moderate muslims want the fundamentalists to kill you and behead you.

Anyway... religions are cancer of this world. Not just islam.
    That line of thought is just another form of radicalism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    That line of thought is just another form of radicalism.
    It might be, but it would be the one I would prefer.
    Get rid of all religion, yes people will keep killing because we are human but at least we can't wrap it up as "a higher being made me do it".

Fanatics, murderers, fascists and perpetrators of genocides such as that of the Armenians. Islam is the worst thing that happened to humanity.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.