Page 50 of 106 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    So much this. And the Blitz is the perfect example of the right way to react.

It's a shame "don't let the terrorists win" has become such a tired cliche, but it's so very true. ISIS, Al Qaeda have no better an accomplice - and I think that word needs to be used - than someone who inflates these small groups of relatively limited means who can cause some degree of shocking mayhem to the level of Independence Day City Destroyers. If anyone blows terrorists up to that level, so far beyond what they're ever capable of achieving on their own, they're really doing their work for them.

We need to put a stop to this battle for civilization - existential conflict nonsense. Frankly, I think some folks are so bored by our in many ways, spoiled rotten time in which we live, they're bored and yearn for that kind of drama.
    People will get used to terrorist attacks in time, I'm thinking of the IRA in Britain. People get used to the attacks, the terrorists have to launch more bold dramatic attacks to get the same effect, etc.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    So much this. And the Blitz is the perfect example of the right way to react.

It's a shame "don't let the terrorists win" has become such a tired cliche, but it's so very true. ISIS, Al Qaeda have no better an accomplice - and I think that word needs to be used - than someone who inflates these small groups of relatively limited means who can cause some degree of shocking mayhem to the level of Independence Day City Destroyers. If anyone blows terrorists up to that level, so far beyond what they're ever capable of achieving on their own, they're really doing their work for them.

We need to put a stop to this battle for civilization - existential conflict nonsense. Frankly, I think some folks are so bored by our in many ways, spoiled rotten time in which we live, they're bored and yearn for that kind of drama.
    While agree with you, I do get struck by fear. I know that's what they try to achieve but believe me it's working for me. First Paris(twice), now Brussels, I see a pattern moving north. I know I shouldn't make them bigger then they are but I'm beginning to fear them. I live close to the biggest refinery in Europe but I'm trying not to think about what would happen if they bombed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    ISIS - and the civil wars currently being fought in the middle east - that has been the impetus for the immense amount of "refugees" that have fled into Europe has, almost overnight, COMPLETELY changed the demographics of Europe. In 150 years, once the total Islamization of Europe has take hold, ISIS (and other factions) will be praised for being the cause of this. The Muslims have effectually taken over Europe and did not even have to fire a shot.
    Dead wrong.

The EU has 503 million people living it. Greater Europe has 740 million people. It is the richest continent in the world.

Are you seriously saying a few hundred thousand refugees per year amounts to "completely changing the democraphics of Europe overnight".

I'll tell you what it is. It's politics. European countries don't have the US's history of multiculturalism and see the introduction of large numbers of muslims as a threat to their cultural identity, which dovetails nicely with suspicion about the European Union's overall management structure and agenda, and of course with anger about Germany's management of the Euro crisis. Europe, being a non-federal tentity, has had a patchwork for responses, from Germany to embraces (at the government level) to Hungry which builds barriers.

The crisis in Europe is political. Europe operates by consensus and there was, until last week with the Great Turkish Bribe, no political consensus. Even within countries, there is no political consensus between the left which may be pushing multiculturalism and a Euro-skeptic (often Russian-funded) right that is ardently anti-immigrant. It's simply politics.

A continent of 740 million people, a union of 503 million, with $18 trillion GDP, cannot be destabilized by a fraction of a percent of their total populations' new arrivals.

"Muslims have taken over Europe". No. Simply no. Not even close. They're struggling how to deal with a few million immigrants total over the next few years. But that's the extent of it. This is exactly what I'm talking about. Why are you seeking to inflate what the situation actually is to something utterly nightmarish that simply isn't true?

Ah, wild guess, who just made incredibly helpful comments such as

1)Syrian refugees with cell phones are suspect, how they can pay the bill ?
    2)Waterboarding is too soft, we should do even more brutal interrogation

Deleted
    And this is exactly what I'm talking about.

It would';t have worked. You don't even care if it wouldn't have worked. You just want to make yourself feel better.

That's your problem and I see it in your writing. There is no finesse in your approach. You just want to brawl and feel big about the fight with terrorism. Use your head and fight the battles that mater.
    Finesse? Of course you consider all results, but the results YOU epsouse I do not agree with (just like Dalek's). We would not have isolated the country. If anything most of the rest of the world would have been TERRIFIED (I use that word on purpose) to ever fuck with us again. Pakistan sure the fuck would not have. Japan sure the hell hasn't risen a finger against us in the 70 years since we obliterated 2 of their cities.

Russia and China would not have isolated us. Going by Russia's reaction to to Chechnya, pretty sure Putin would have high fived Bush for blasting Afghanistan into oblivion.

People like you OVERTHINK a position and always expect the worst outcome. People that mostly win in this game of life gamble on the most positive outcome.

I believe that if we had nuked Afghanistan it would have been a positive outcome. You believe it would have been negative. We disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    While agree with you, I do get struck by fear. I know that's what they try to achieve but believe me it's working for me. First Paris(twice), now Brussels, I see pattern moving north. I know I shouldn't make them bigger then they are but I'm beginning to fear them. I live close to the biggest refinery in Europe but I'm trying not to think about what would happen if they bombed that.
    Yeah well. A close friend of my family died on 9/11... I'm from Massachusetts after all. Wrecked a good friend of mine's life cuz it was his mom. I hate to trot that out. But I've directly felt terrorism. I felt fear that day for sure. And let me tell you, it took a long time to not be mad about it. In retrospect, it feels entirely stupid. We can be way smarter than that. We should be. We should address terror with rationality. That's not to say don't bomb them back into the stone age. But similarly don't go damaging our societies, wrecking our budgets, and changing ourselves for the worst just to make ourselves feel better.

"Nothing to fear but fear itself" may be cliche, but it's completely true. When it comes to terrorism, if you want to beat it, be ice cold about the pluses and minuses of your response to it.

It all comes down to Islamfacism. Taste the word Islamfacism. Thats where muslim terrorist attacks comes from. If you remove facism there will be peace and harmony and multicultural muslims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The "retarded bullshit" would be your claim that most of them condone this but secretly lie about it.
    But who needs facts when you have "personal experience".
    There are a fuck ton of studies and reports out there, but like always they come from sources you disagree with.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...ion-polls.aspx
    There are a million different souces and numbers in that one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-too-many.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...ical-minority/
    http://winteryknight.com/2015/11/18/...and-terrorism/

etc etc etc.
    Just because you don't accept the sources doesn't mean they are not out there.
    But you already have your opinion ready, so why am I even talking to you.

Deleted

How ironic.

Deleted
    They've just said on TV that,

Everyone has been safely evacuated.

Around 600 air flights have been cancelled at the airport.

And that the Airport of Zaventem will be closed tomorrow.

Those that live in the area of Brussels can post on Facebook automatically that they are safe.

Children on school can safely be taken from school without any issue's.

People can leave their home aswell.

Source on the video's: http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20160322_0...haven-zaventem

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Exactly, the US is the indirect behind of the existence of ISIS.

If you want to go for the indirect, why not blame USSR instead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by newyorkerr View Post
    If you want to go for the indirect, why not blame USSR instead?
    Because the US invaded Iraq( we all know that story), disbanded the Iraqi military and guess what? Thats the majority of the IS forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Finesse? Of course you consider all results, but the results YOU epsouse I do not agree with (just like Dalek's). We would not have isolated the country. If anything most of the rest of the world would have been TERRIFIED (I use that word on purpose) to ever fuck with us again. Pakistan sure the fuck would not have. Japan sure the hell hasn't risen a finger against us in the 70 years since we obliterated 2 of their cities.

Russia and China would not have isolated us. Going by Russia's reaction to to Chechnya, pretty sure Putin would have high fived Bush for blasting Afghanistan into oblivion.

People like you OVERTHINK a position and always expect the worst outcome. People that mostly win in this game of life gamble on the most positive outcome.

I believe that if we had nuked Afghanistan it would have been a positive outcome. You believe it would have been negative. We disagree.
    Or more likely our enemies would have viewed us as an existential threat and rallied those who were TERRIFIED of us to their banner, and sought ways to undermine and then utterly defeat our power.

The other side gets a vote. The US's global power base works through mutual benefit for all parties involved. When other countries populations start being afraid of us, how long before they start electing governments who reflect those fears, and then how long before those governments start forming blocs against us.

Don't believe that is how things works? Look at Russia. Russia tried to instill fear in Europe the last two years, and all they got for their trouble was the people they sought to intimidate double down on NATO and defense spending against them. Countries that had refused to have NATO access have opened their borders to opening bases. European defense spending is increase.

So I mean, you can have your opinion, but we actually have living evidence your approach simply does not work. All you have to do is look at Russian and European relations in 2010 and compare them to 2016, and look at what Russia did in between.

Russia made it's neighbors afraid alright. And drove them straight into the arms of the United States and each other. You know it's bad when Finland and Sweden, who aren't even a part of NATO, start teaming up to defend against Russian aggression because of something Russia did a thousand miles away.

But sure, keep telling me how fear works. As I said, you just want to make yourself feel better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead wrong.

The EU has 503 million people living it. Greater Europe has 740 million people. It is the richest continent in the world.

Are you seriously saying a few hundred thousand refugees per year amounts to "completely changing the democraphics of Europe overnight".

I'll tell you what it is. It's politics. European countries don't have the US's history of multiculturalism and see the introduction of large numbers of muslims as a threat to their cultural identity, which dovetails nicely with suspicion about the European Union's overall management structure and agenda, and of course with anger about Germany's management of the Euro crisis. Europe, being a non-federal tentity, has had a patchwork for responses, from Germany to embraces (at the government level) to Hungry which builds barriers.
    I'll give you that for Northern and Eastern Europe but for Southern and Western Europe, it's not entirely true. France has a long history of multiculturalism, having regarded parts of North Africa a part of France proper. Britain too, the Romans built London for the express purpose of trade, which leads to a lot of evidence of multiculturalism going all the way back until then - it's why we led the world in building influences right out to India and the Far East. Sticking with Romans, Mark Anthony married Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt. Half of Spain was ruled by the Muslim Moors. In fact, the whole Mediterranean basin has been a melting pot forever - built on trade and conquest.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post

How ironic.
    Lol I laughed way too much at that

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrxz View Post

How ironic.
    This is so sad yet I laughed a bit. "Yes it's so safe." Oh dear if only you knew.

I love it when people try to turn any situation into a us presidential debate.

Stay classy

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Because the US invaded Iraq( we all know that story), disbanded the Iraqi military and guess what? Thats the majority of the IS forces.
    Source backing bolded information. The entire Iraq thing was an incredible mess, start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'll give you that for Northern and Eastern Europe but for Southern and Western Europe, it's not entirely true. France has a long history of multiculturalism, having regarded parts of North Africa a part of France proper. Britain too, the Romans built London for the express purpose of trade, which leads to a lot of evidence of multiculturalism going all the way back until then - it's why we led the world in building influences right out to India and the Far East. Sticking with Romans, Mark Anthony married Cleopatra, Queen of Egypt. Half of Spain was ruled by the Muslim Moors. In fact, the whole Mediterranean basin has been a melting pot forever - built on trade and conquest.
    Of course. I should have been more precise.

Maybe American-style assimilation would have been a more apt comparison than multiculturalism? I was using that word because it was the chosen word of Europeans in this thread as a type of policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    There are a fuck ton of studies and reports out there, but like always they come from sources you disagree with.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/pa...ion-polls.aspx
    There are a million different souces and numbers in that one.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-too-many.html
    http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...ical-minority/
    http://winteryknight.com/2015/11/18/...and-terrorism/

etc etc etc.
    Just because you don't accept the sources doesn't mean they are not out there.
    But you already have your opinion ready, so why am I even talking to you.
    Don't bother. Arguing with Kangodo and the pc police squad on mmo-c leads nowhere. Its like playing chess with a pigeon , no matter how good you are, the pigeon will knock the pieces over, crap on the board and strut around like its victorious.