Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    He should serve time based on the worst act committed, grand theft in this case. Maximum of 5 years. However, assuming it's a first time offense, and he is still a minor, he'll be facing probably 6 months of unenforced community service at worst, even with everything else that he can be charged with mixed in.
    What he did is not grand theft. He did not intend to keep the vehicle, or part it out at a chop shop. There are joyride laws for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's obvious he took your statement to be suggesting that community service was what was insufficient, not the period of time, which is a completely reasonable way of interpreting it, not that there's anything wrong with the way you expressed yourself.
    I appreciate the insight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Let me be perfectly clear here:

The Kid is 11 years old.

Its just casual adolescent mischief. We have all done stupid things when we were that age, and i'm willing to bet many of the posters here did illegal things at that age and just didn't get caught.

You don't put a KID in jail for doing something that resulted in no one being harmed.
    If I fired a gun into the air 10 times, and no one died.... does that make it okay? Just mischief, afterall. Harmless.

If you'd ever driven a cement truck, even an empty one you'd know this wasn't a funny situation at all. Might as well be driving a tank.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I laughed when I read this story.

Source

Do you think they actually have the authority to arrest an 11 year old boy? Even if he took the truck for a joy ride, what authority do they have to actually prosecute the kid. He should be sent back to his parents home and be grounded for a week.
    I guess it depends on the kids history. Is he a known delinquent?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Steal the kids summer by making him do a shit ton of community service work, probably for even longer than that.
    Nothing kids hate more than having to do work, especially when its summer break.

Deleted
    hahaha Best kid ever hahah no but you shouldn't do stuff like that. Be a good role model for your kids!