Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    That wasn't the question.

Bread asked how do we appreciate terrorism and I gave my opinion.

We appreciate terrorism in the sense that certain people are thrilled at the thought of arming up for another opportunity to personally gratify themselves by pointing fingers at everyone screaming "Islamaphobic" and of course the enjoyment of being able to derail any conversation on to the subject of Trump and/or Christianity.

Don't take my word for it, there's a 93 pages worth of examples going on in a hot thread right now.

I'm sure none of these people see their actions as "appreciating terrorism" but they are.
    I don't really care about their question though, I'm curious about your thoughts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zombergy View Post
    That wasn't the question.

Bread asked how do we appreciate terrorism and I gave my opinion.

We appreciate terrorism in the sense that certain people are thrilled at the thought of arming up for another opportunity to personally gratify themselves by pointing fingers at everyone screaming "Islamaphobic" and of course the enjoyment of being able to derail any conversation on to the subject of Trump and/or Christianity.

Don't take my word for it, there's a 93 pages worth of examples going on in a hot thread right now.

I'm sure none of these people see their actions as "appreciating terrorism" but they are.
    I don't really care about their question though, I'm curious about your thoughts.

Deleted
    No. The world would be a much, much better place if everyone was nice - and nice to each other. It would be perfect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    So:

Bombing innocent civilians with drones in the Middle East = Good
    Bombing innocent civilians in European/American cities = Bad

The world can be so easy.
    Intent makes a big difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Evil is what gives contrast to good. Without evil, good would lose its identity; therefore, some appreciation should be given to evil people and evil acts.
    Suggesting a Hitler-Appreciation-Day? Some folks here do it, just 27 days to go!

Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    Evil is what gives contrast to good. Without evil, good would lose its identity; therefore, some appreciation should be given to evil people and evil acts.
    Yeah no.
    Thats the same as saying that if you dont get your monthly beating and starvation you can't appreciate the things you have.
    Perhaps, but i rather have no evil whatsoever and live a comfortable life, I dont need the contrast or any "higher appreciation of the things I have in life", what I need is a stable, fulfilling existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Suggesting a Hitler-Appreciation-Day? Some folks here do it, just 27 days to go!
    We in Russia appreciate Hitler by holding "Win-Over-Hitler-in-WWII" celebration on 9th May every year!

I'm sure once ISIS is destroyed "Win-Over-ISIS" can also become appropriate holiday in affected countries! That seems to be best way to appreciate evil. And yes, as the thread says it should be done more!

...and you can be certain that you're good because you've won and the one writing history too!
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2016-03-23 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have plenty of evil. We don't need to appreciate it to make good better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think evil is needed to appreciate the good. Why do you think it is?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.