Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Video of woman pitching coffee at man over disabled parking spot goes viral

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tons-1.3503154

People take to social media to support Toronto man who confronted woman outside Tim Horton's

A YouTube video of a woman angered by a man who confronted her for parking in a disabled parking spot outside a Tim Hortons in Toronto has sparked howls of online outrage.

The video, posted by the man — named Ryan Favro — has garnered more than 100 thousand views since it was posted on Monday.

It begins with Favro politely asking the woman about her parking as she returns to her Jeep with her Tim Horton's coffee and ice coffee.

A YouTube video of a woman angered by a man who confronted her for parking in a disabled parking spot outside a Tim Hortons in Toronto has sparked howls of online outrage.

The video, posted by the man — named Ryan Favro — has garnered more than 100 thousand views since it was posted on Monday.

It begins with Favro politely asking the woman about her parking as she returns to her Jeep with her Tim Horton's coffee and ice coffee.

"So why do you park in a handicapped parking spot? Are you handicapped?" he is heard asking.

"No," she says, and walks away.

"Well, what makes you so special that you can park in a handicapped spot?" he asks.

"Pardon me, I'll break your (expletive) phone," she says as she gets into the driver's seat, and slams the door.

The woman then gets back out, and hurls what appears to be the iced coffee — along with profanities — at the videographer.

When he then persists in asking, "What makes you so special?" she throws the coffee at him.

"I'm taking this to the police, you assaulted me," he says.

"Good for you!" she yells, before backing up and driving away, licence plate clearly visible in the video.

One woman, identified as Brigitte MacDougall, said she felt sorry for the woman.

"Imagine yourself in her shoes right now, reading all of these hateful and mean, nasty comments," MacDougall said.

"I bet she feels pretty bad about her actions, but the worst part is how this is going to affect her as a person, reading all these awful things. We all make mistakes."
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toront...tons-1.3503154

What terrible behaviour! We don't stand for this up here.
    How do you feel about these freelance vigilante journalists trying to take matters in their own hands?

Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot. Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot.
    Well its all fun and nice up to the point where a actually handicapped person needs the parking spot... Then this woman would block the spot for those who need it.

I understand the guy. He is a upstanding member of our society, fighting for the weak, a true hero. Unlike most people who just care for themselfs. We all should learn from this guy.

Also lol at how they try to spin this so that the woman is the real victim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Honestly, I think people should mind their own business. What was it any of this guy's concern? I mean seriously? I get like trying to stop an actual crime like a robbery or kidnapping, but seems like this guy decided to start shit with a lady for nonsense, and then decided to play the "I'm going to the police!" card after he provoked her. There are much bigger things to worry about than some lady parking in a handicap spot. Honestly, I don't even think handicap spots should exist; it's so frustrating trying to find parking somewhere and it's like oh yeah there's a spot up close.. only for it to be handicapped or expectant mothers/mothers with small children. Frustrates the hell out of me.
    Imagine having to find one when your disabled, pregnant or have kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    The real question is was this man actually justified. I mean was he actually handicapped and trying to park or just looking to provoke that woman for great justice?

Regardless they both seem like idiots. Here's a guy who's obviously antagonizing and the woman probably is so unused to being challenged she feels the need to throw her coffee at some dude for giving her a hard time over something she did wrong, it's all pretty childish.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    I understand the guy. He is a upstanding member of our society, fighting for the weak, a true hero. Unlike most people who just care for themselfs. We all should learn from this guy.
    Is that how some people see it? To me it looks like he was just trying to score easy internet points.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

As with most of these cases, just take it to the police, no need to shame her all over the internet. Especially with how crazy people are online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think he wanted to start confrontation with her over it - he didn't need to. Take a picture of the car in the handicap spot, with the license plate clearly visible and call the Police (or report it to whoever it may concern).
    Because the police can't do anything about something they didn't see for themselves, at least for mundane things like this.

Now she will think twice about doing so, job well done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    As with most of these cases, just take it to the police, no need to shame her all over the internet. Especially with how crazy people are online.
    Like the police cares. Think they're going to track her down for parking there days after the fact? Get real.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Looks like the disabled are now below cis straight white women on the progressive stack now.

I see it as a way of shaming her for doing what she knew was wrong and taking a spot that may have very well been needed by another.

As someone who does actually need one from time to time, it would really piss me off if I needed one only to find out that someone who didn't even need it took it being a lazy and disrespectful cunt.

I am glad he turned her in and I am glad he shamed her for it as she deserved it. I see these types of people as being a few notched below those dicks who park across 2 or 3 different parking spaces for no reason other than to keep others from parking there. Went to one event once years ago before I got hurt to have a packed parking lot which would have more spaces if it wasn't for 6 different people taking up about 14 parking spots between them with 2 of them parking in a way where they took up 3 parking spots making sure none could park near them without crossing into places.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I feel sorry for her, but this trend of confronting people with a camera to put it on the internet is horrible. Just give it to the cops, don't put someones face out there and expose them to that vitriol unless their actions truly do justify the response you know they're going to get if it goes viral.

Does this truly deserve shaming them in front of the entire world? Or is this just another guy whoring for pats on the back? I doubt he even bothered going to the cops.

It's one thing if someone is courting public attention (protesting, yelling in the streets, etc.), but minor transgressions like this should be kept to the parties it's relevant to. That's her, him, the people around them and the cops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    The real question is was this man actually justified. I mean was he actually handicapped and trying to park or just looking to provoke that woman for great justice?

Regardless they both seem like idiots. Here's a guy who's obviously antagonizing and the woman probably is so unused to being challenged she feels the need to throw her coffee at some dude for giving her a hard time over something she did wrong, it's all pretty childish.

Is that how some people see it? To me it looks like he was just trying to score easy internet points.
    It doesn't matter why he did it, the result counts.

So this stuck-up bitch of a woman with no regard for others parks in a disabled-only spot, someone confronts her over it, (like anyone should) and you try to make out HE'S the one in the wrong?

Get over yourself. If their genders were swapped you'd be screaming on this forum about how an evil misogynist was taking disabled parking spots.

No. You have to stand up to people like this or they'll continue to walk all over everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Can't say I feel sorry for her, but this trend of confronting people with a camera to put it on the internet is horrible. Just give it to the cops, don't put someones face out there and expose them to that vitriol unless their actions truly do justify the response you know they're going to get if it goes viral.

Does this truly deserve shaming them in front of the entire world? Or is this just another guy whoring for pats on the back? I doubt he even bothered going to the cops.
    Because there is literally nothing the cops will do about it...for gods sake...

Guess she won't be doing that again. Mission accomplished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Like the police cares. Think they're going to track her down for parking there days after the fact? Get real.
    Please don't insult the TPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So this stuck-up bitch of a woman with no regard for others parks in a disabled-only spot, someone confronts her over it, (like anyone should) and you try to make out HE'S the wrong in the wrong?

Get over yourself. If their genders were swapped you'd be screaming on this forum about how an evil misogynist was taking disabled parking spots.
    In all fairness a male penis man approaching a woman politely asking if she realizes she parked ina handicapped spot is likely going to rape her. Because penis.

Kind of like how last summer I was at the beach, and this woman was yelling at her husband because she saw a man walking along the beach. So because he was walking along the beach, and there were children present, he was probably a pedophile looking for children to rape.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    In all fairness a male penis man approaching a woman politely asking if she realizes she parked ina handicapped spot is likely going to rape her. Because penis.

Kind of like how last summer I was at the beach, and this woman was yelling at her husband because she saw a man walking along the beach. So because he was walking along the beach, and there were children present, he was probably a pedophile looking for female children to rape.
    There, much better.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

"So why do you park in a handicapped parking spot? Are you handicapped?" he is heard asking.

"No," she says, and walks away.

"Well, what makes you so special that you can park in a handicapped spot?" he asks.

"Pardon me, I'll break your (expletive) phone," she says as she gets into the driver's seat, and slams the door.
    "I bet she feels pretty bad about her actions, but the worst part is how this is going to affect her as a person, reading all these awful things. We all make mistakes."
    Yea, she definitely parked there by mistake.

I hope she gets fined for the misuse of the handicap parking spot, and receives at least some sort of tap-on-the-writs from the police for what she did to the guy.

Certainly everyone makes mistakes, but you still have to accept responsibility and the consequences for it.
    I feel slightly bad for her that it wound up on social media, though that shouldn't really be the focus here.

I do agree that it would be better if people just took their business to the appropriate venues, without the "ruin your life on social media" bit.
    Last edited by Arewn; 2016-03-23 at 05:56 PM.