Thread: Season 6

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zuni's build going good for my noob WD. Only 108 Paragon and GR35 done so far. Mask of Zeram refuses to drop. Otherwise, I am having a blast w/e time I get to put into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Just realized that's the Sunwuko's set.
    Wondering if the 6pc sunwukos is worth not taing 6pc innas with 4pc sun.
    Once you get your hands on the Crudest Boots, Inna's 6 piece becomes too strong to pass up for any build that will already be using 4 pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmmm, looks like it's 4pc sunwukos then. Already have the SW weapon, just need crudest boots and RoRG
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish that you could save your equipment for fast switching. Tried another set and forgot to change cube-powers.. the next GR didn't go that well, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Wish that you could save your equipment for fast switching. Tried another set and forgot to change cube-powers.. the next GR didn't go that well, haha.
    I know that feel. Was pushing a gr 70 with In-geom and fast mode belt in the cube. Whoops.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    I always level a second character (can be boosted in a matter of minutes) that gets the second gear set. That way I don't need to faff around with changing spec and gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I know that feel. Was pushing a gr 70 with In-geom and fast mode belt in the cube. Whoops.
    Went to do GR70 as Jade Harvester.. and had Mask of Jeram and Ring of Royal Grandeur cubed instead of Quetzalcoatl and Ring of Emptiness. Lost so much damage with wrong cube-effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I walked into the pali set dungeon and...promptly faceplanted more than a few times. Not looking forward to completing that one, definitely going to have to fill out my non-set slots with at least a few items for a proper build and retool my abilities specifically for it -_-

Think that's the only thing I have left on the season journey, so that should be fun...
    That's not the last step.

After the first 4 chapters which are basically baseline entry, you will have other 5 chapters to tackle on

Just a question: wasn't Akkhan the free set this time for Crusaders? Afaik starter build is pretty effective - granted, you will definitely need some offsets but with the cube it shouldn't be that difficult.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48717...ips-to-farming
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    That's not the last step.

After the first 4 chapters which are basically baseline entry, you will have other 5 chapters to tackle on

Just a question: wasn't Akkhan the free set this time for Crusaders? Afaik starter build is pretty effective - granted, you will definitely need some offsets but with the cube it shouldn't be that difficult.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48717...ips-to-farming
    If I could get a single item to drop for any build, I'd be happy. I'm stuck using mostly generic legendaries with minimal class/build specific bonuses, and none that work together well.

Basically, getting RNG fucked which is causing my farming ability to be shit which in turn means that it's taking even longer to get decent gear to farm.

This is why I fucking hate what they've done with the gearing/builds in this game.

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the gearing these days, either. I know you want a set and all, but it gets a bit absurd when your set requires specific off-pieces to synergize with it in order to function properly. Then your build diversity is tied to those items. >.<

Oh well, I can't complain too much. D3 is still easy to hop in and out of. I just play a bit until I feel the burn, and then drop it for a month or 2.

Did they really need to get rid of fast leveling for legendary gems?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Did they really need to get rid of fast leveling for legendary gems?
    Bit dumb yes but you CAN bypass it rather ok.

Click upgrade on the gem, hit escape so the window vanish, instantly talk to her, click gem and upgrade again. takes half the time of what it currently does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I am so regretting going wizard now. Firebird/chantodos is so unpleasant to play. Damage is great but holy shit so squishy and gimmicky.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I am so regretting going wizard now. Firebird/chantodos is so unpleasant to play. Damage is great but holy shit so squishy and gimmicky.
    Try out the Talrasha + tornado build. I feel the gear requirement + perfect rolls is much harsher on the chantodos to have near perfect uptime on archon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    I can't say that I'm a huge fan of the gearing these days, either. I know you want a set and all, but it gets a bit absurd when your set requires specific off-pieces to synergize with it in order to function properly. Then your build diversity is tied to those items. >.<

Oh well, I can't complain too much. D3 is still easy to hop in and out of. I just play a bit until I feel the burn, and then drop it for a month or 2.
    Yeah I really wish they'd make more of the legendaries and non-set items actually useful. Making the sets more and more OP each season just means most things you see drop aren't even worth identify and just instantly turning them into souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Wizard is by far the strongest class in both solo and group play, and can play multiple builds/playstyles to a high level. So don't regret your choice, nothing really comes close.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Wizard is by far the strongest class in both solo and group play, and can play multiple builds/playstyles to a high level. So don't regret your choice, nothing really comes close.
    Well I wouldn't really say 'multiple' builds at a high level, more like 2 at high levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Well I wouldn't really say 'multiple' builds at a high level, more like 2 at high levels.
    Depends what you call high level, 3 of the sets can for sure go above GR90, and beyond that multiple builds can go above GR80 which for most people is miles beyond what they will ever reach. While the best Wizard setups (namely the 2) will go above GR100, solo. If you're going over GR100 you're one of the most hardcore and dedicated D3 players.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Depends what you call high level, 3 of the sets can for sure go above GR90, and beyond that multiple builds can go above GR80 which for most people is miles beyond what they will ever reach. While the best Wizard setups (namely the 2) will go above GR100, solo. If you're going over GR100 you're one of the most hardcore and dedicated D3 players.
    Fair enough but it does feel like 2 of the builds stand out a bit more than the others and not only because they can go higher in solo/group play.Even 80+ feels like that is tough for a fair number of sets unless you get really lucky on drops.

Deleted
    How fast are the wizard sets? Can they do the <2min with ease solo? Well, in truth, for me at least on my barbarian, clicking to open the rift and zoning in takes about 5 seconds while teleporting back and getting to Orek takes about 12-13, so ~20 seconds just for clearing possible mobs and traveling, leaving 1:40 to kill the RG. I've not gotten it done yet this season, did it twice last season (once for myself, once for friend), so I know barb can pull it off solo.

Just wondering if wizards are faster. They'd have to be insanely fast though.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If I could get a single item to drop for any build, I'd be happy. I'm stuck using mostly generic legendaries with minimal class/build specific bonuses, and none that work together well.
    Again, using the cube to morph those yellow into legendaries should help a lot.

Also: what are you running now? Imho best bet to improve and beat RNG is to join public runs of normal rifts for keys/drops ( you can just use a topaz in helm for a drop boost) and then go for solo low-level GRs so you can stock a decent amount of shards and start dropping items and especially legendary gems.

About the gems: get them as soon as possible. Getting all 3 of them boosts you damage by a significant amount letting you farm higher difficulties.

EDIT: this doesn't mean you're not right about itemization in D3, which currently isn't good at all.

Link to the char? Maybe we can use current gear to improve things a little bit.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.