Thread: Season 6

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    This has really nothing to do with the paragon problems, as it's basically a simple and direct time = power equation. You don't play 24/7 100% optimized setup? Then you won't be able to compete. And it's not because of Paragon system, but because of people willing to do so.

You want to "win"? You need to do more. Always remeber RUSSBarb and GERBarb.
    Yeah, even without Paragon, you have drops, key farming, DB farming etc which gives people more power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Yeah, even without Paragon, you have drops, key farming, DB farming etc which gives people more power.
    Hm, it was more like "even if it's a different type of power increase, it's always time = power that needs to be dealt with".

Another wild guess that comes to my mind. What if prestige levels "open up" some kind of specific prestige level drops (dunno, stuff like Torchlight maps) where you can drop specific and/or more powerful versions of items. This way time will be rewarded with more power, but in the form of item hunt.

Dunno however how it would work with current itemization - sets are fun and all, but builds are basically defined already. Maybe some kind of set like Legacy of Nightmares that gives you power related to your Prestige level?

There's a lot to work out for a system like that.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another wild guess that comes to my mind. What if prestige levels "open up" some kind of specific prestige level drops (dunno, stuff like Torchlight maps) where you can drop specific and/or more powerful versions of items. This way time will be rewarded with more power, but in the form of item hunt.
    Multiple solutions, whether opening up new areas and items (would seem a little too punishing to non top players), or most likely allowing you to prestige an item each time you prestige your level. Like you prestige and you get one super duper ancient item upgrade.

This would require increasing difficulty levels in Torment and higher rifts than we've ever seen, with the end result being able to farm more and more paragon to get better and better upgrades just like we do for everything now. Additionally, prestige systems always come with a cost which is the point. Yeah, you lose your Plevel but you don't lose your gear. You farm it back up, which is the point of prestige systems in the first place.

Maybe cosmetic prestige doesn't work in this game, but the general concept is that you make a trade off for showing how leet you are. Perhaps they could make it an actual progression system, but I don't think everything needs to have a progression system. There could be achievements and super things for prestiging during a ladder and I guarantee you top players would do it just to sit on the throne of awesome. This is the way things have always been.

You gotta remember, sometimes doing the same thing is boring to them as well. They already sign up to get their stats and account reset every single season, you don't think they'd reset Plevel to get some elite goodies? I would do it if I had time.
    BAD WOLF

This has really nothing to do with the paragon problems, as it's basically a simple and direct time = power equation. You don't play 24/7 100% optimized setup? Then you won't be able to compete. And it's not because of Paragon system, but because of people willing to do so.

You want to "win"? You need to do more. Always remeber RUSSBarb and GERBarb.
    The time = power you already get that with the itemization where you keep farming and cubing and playing lottery and upgrading gems. That's enough. The only excuse for Paragon existing is to continue giving you the illusion of "leveling". There is nothing fun about getting another paragon level and bumping some stat another 0.5%. It provides nothing unique to the table, and every character eventually maxes out everything with only main stats to continue pumping.

Blizzard needs to scrap the whole Paragon system and provide actual depth to it.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The time = power you already get that with the itemization where you keep farming and cubing and playing lottery and upgrading gems. That's enough. The only excuse for Paragon existing is to continue giving you the illusion of "leveling". There is nothing fun about getting another paragon level and bumping some stat another 0.5%. It provides nothing unique to the table, and every character eventually maxes out everything with only main stats to continue pumping.

Blizzard needs to scrap the whole Paragon system and provide actual depth to it.
    Agree, but the point is that with current itemization the item hunt is next to non-existant, and given enough paragon (assuming you have all ancients) hunting for perfect rolls becomes as passive as paragon themselves - lottery/cube game doesn't last enough, gems are related to GRs pushing, both activities that don't appeal really many people. However if the purpose in doing said activities is more interesting, surely more people would do them.

An infinite progression system is awesome to have. Especially since Paragons are something you get by doing anything in game. Problems are that only viable way to farm them are GRs, and as you said they're utterly boring and flat; and they need a complete revamp.

ET nerf inc.

We actually do have a pending Energy Twister/Twisted Sword change coming. We have identified an issue that was preventing the cap of 8 Twisters on Twisted Sword from taking effect. TLDR; The change to Twisted Sword in 2.4.1 to a cap of 8 never really stuck.

We're going to give this bug fix a run for the next PTR patch. If we find Energy Twister is still over-performing, we may continue to tweak and adjust numbers as needed. We know how important this topic is to the community, and we're keeping our ears to the ground throughout the 2.4.2 PTR process for your feedback!

Jade WD the new thing(obviously PTR but ya) they doing 112 solo lol. That would easily be the best dps in group but it will obviously receive some sort of nerfs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think Gazing Demise is bugged - dmg buff applies to all abilities, not just Spirit Barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    I think Gazing Demise is bugged - dmg buff applies to all abilities, not just Spirit Barrage.
    Correct very bugged buffing all WD dmg besides pets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Does the change to Firebird set bonus break the 6/4 Tal Rasha / Firebird build (Flash Fire Wizard)? I hope it's still playable after this nerf as it's a really funny build to play with.
    It does look like it will, unless we are okay with using 6 damaging spells in the rotation (3 fire, one each of rest). Though, I don't know just how much damage in the flashfire build actually came from the burning effect and not the insane number of explosive blasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Crafting is valubil while leveling up: Rolling reduced Level requirement makes them no less than the most powerful Items in that bracket. In the context that most players never hit max level, crafting is essential.
    Yeah, rolling - level requirement on weapons in particular is really powerful while levelling. A lot of the end-game builds require some crafted items too.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Crafting is valubil while leveling up: Rolling reduced Level requirement makes them no less than the most powerful Items in that bracket. In the context that most players never hit max level, crafting is essential.
    Rolling that is so worthless tbh. Its actually just a waste of early game mats and leveling time if you are fast. We hit 70 in 2h 1m this season. Just spam rifts never waste time rolling anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Rolling that is so worthless tbh. Its actually just a waste of early game mats and leveling time if you are fast. We hit 70 in 2h 1m this season. Just spam rifts never waste time rolling anything.
    Basically this. Crafting IS useless - yes, red level weapons are a godsend but a) if you play NS or have gear available already, you can just take a random legendary and slap a Gem of Ease on it and b) even in season with a fresh start, leveling legit spamming rifts takes no time.

Crafting has some uses, sure, but the actual utility of it is so limited that it isn't worth. You can craft a bunch of yellows at 70 to give your new character a boost, but given how seasons now give you a free set, even that step is next to useless.

Crafting should be something good to have at endgame. The issue however is not Crafting itself but the itemization that leaves no space for it (streamlined stats, reroll via Mystic, sockets are mandatory but guaranteed more or less).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Indeed maybe on very high Torment levels (TX+++) or in GR that damage would be major, but I too feel most of the damage is just coming from Explosive Blasts and Tal Rasha procs. Could just go 6/2 set bonuses, with additional legendaries or no RoRG after patch.

I hope Diablo 3 would have a damage meter someday...
    I tested the Flashfire build using Nilfur boots, Corruption Shoulders and Tal Rasha 6 set, and found that progress was a little slower, but it's hard to compare one rift to another, density etc. I feel that some other DoT would be required to finish medium mobs that are not killed instantly (or targeted until dead like bigger mobs). Elites mattered little, as they blew up instantly.

There is no point in trying to do T13. It literally is only worth .5 more keys and .5 more dbs for 10x more HP and 3x more mob dmg.

Though you can get WowRasha to T13 easily. I did it with 6 Tals, FnR, EB offhand and kill elites in less than 2 sec. EB was critting for over 10b per tick.

New PTR patch.

http://www.diablofans.com/news/48758...une-20th-37893

Some tweakings. I'd like to try the Spirit Barrage WD.

7+ Year Old Account

Deleted
    I've been playing on the PTR, testing various firebird builds. I found that Magic Weapon - Ignite can be used to apply one of the fire damage procs, so Disintegrate + Etched Sigil + some other spell will work. However, it's not guaranteed, as ignite is only a chance on hit. I found that it was really hard to organise getting many mobs perma-burning at the same time. The best build I found was using disintegrate + twister with ranslor's folly to bunch up the mobs but then you have to chose between ancient parthan defenders and aquila cuirass for your cube slot.

Another Fun build, that might be good in high density is Explosive Blast + MW-Ignite + Black Hole, using the Orb of infinite for defensive stacks etc. I had moments of 500million toughness in large packs with Teleport Safe Passage, APD, Orb and set bonus buffs up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I've been playing on the PTR, testing various firebird builds. I found that Magic Weapon - Ignite can be used to apply one of the fire damage procs, so Disintegrate + Etched Sigil + some other spell will work. However, it's not guaranteed, as ignite is only a chance on hit. I found that it was really hard to organise getting many mobs perma-burning at the same time. The best build I found was using disintegrate + twister with ranslor's folly to bunch up the mobs but then you have to chose between ancient parthan defenders and aquila cuirass for your cube slot.

Another Fun build, that might be good in high density is Explosive Blast + MW-Ignite + Black Hole, using the Orb of infinite for defensive stacks etc. I had moments of 500million toughness in large packs with Teleport Safe Passage, APD, Orb and set bonus buffs up together.
    You run Ignite + EB + Fire AT and 20 Fire 19 arcane so chantodo does fire as well incase one of the 3 didn't hit.

95 was alrdy done after the Swami change and the addition of 400% more to FB and the 60% DR with those skills. Also he was 1400 paragon too.