Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like that mounts/pets were removed from bags and united in the tab, and such QoL improvements etc. I like that useless factions like Shendralar or Ravenholdt were removed.
    I dislike that class quests, weapon skills, arrow/bullets, class/abilities variety, old Azeroth, reforging were removed. I hate that LFG/LFR were implemented in game, it had killed social aspec of WoW.

Like: Spell reagents. They had great flavor, but were ultimately annoying.
    Running to the trainer, felt like a chore
    All the useless currencies
    The horrible imbalances from early expacs

Dislike: Class flavor abilities
    Unique armor sets from dungeons
    Zul'Gurub (20m) and the subsequent faction
    Vanilla dungeon complexity
    Many quirks from the old world that vanished after cata (scepter of shifting sands quest line!)
    Original Feralas. From the diremaul to the island of rylaks, so much has left us.

The list of things I miss goes on, but with all the conveniences we have now, going back is more painful then not.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardCS
    We're aware that some players are experiencing latency and server stability issues, and are investigating. Thanks for your patience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kena Lea
    @BlizzardCS not being able to connect to anything is a bit beyond latency dear.

Deleted
    Original zones. For some reason they charmed me a lot more than post-cata ones. Desolace for instance, a barren Fallout III like wasteland with ancient centaur clans and some warlocks practicing dark magic in the mid. This felt creepy and dangerous. Post cata, this green overgrowth REALLY doesn't fit there.

Many abilities and skills, most notably class flavor ones like EoTB for hunters.

Reforging. Made lots of gear pieces actually salvageable. Currently if something has crap stats, it's vendor trash 99% of the time. Reforging wouldn't be nearly as painful as it was due to absence of hard-capped stats like Hit and Exp.

Crafting based off raid disenchants. Crafting system is a weird one atm. Disenchanting raid drops has no sense whatsoever in WOD because you only get a shard which is worth less than the vendor price of an item. Back in TOT or SOO you could craft strong items off those mats, and they were quite expensive. Instead, you now have a gated BOP mat garrisoncrap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back mocking blow!
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I dont get why my LIKE of flying being removed is something that people will personally insult me for. Many other people feel the same way, last time a poll was taken it seemed to be 55/45 with 55% being in favor of flight being removed. So facts and evidence supports that the majority either doesn't care or don't like flying in the game. Its not just something I just pulled out of my ass.

That being said, I LIKE that 10 man mythic was removed from the game.

I DISLIKE that long fun quest chains (Alliance Onyxia quest chain anyone?) were removed from the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Whats the point of reforging? All players did was go to a website like Ask Mr Robot and they had an optimization feature do all the work for them to tell them exactly which stats to drop and which to raise. No fun in that at all. And it was cumbersome and time consuming. The moment you got a new piece of gear, you would equip it, log out so Ask mr robot would pick it up from b-net, hit optimize and gem, enchant, and reforge the gear...

Again, what is the point?
    I did not go to a website to choose what to reforge. I reforged a stat i found undesirable to my spec for pvp on my own without someone telling me. I reforged all the haste I could into mastery.

Deleted
    Dislike old faction being removed, and Cata destroying the zones, oh and flying in general (yes its nice, but only cause we are used to it). Oh and old AV (yes i loved the week long fights, standing still at icewing bunker for hours before finally getting the GY back so one could push out to mid.)

Like, thats hard. Well weapon skill like people said before. I mostly nostalgic about the things i miss, the things they removed that i dont miss and therefor forgotten about.
    But i miss the fact that classes brought specific things. Like my SP mana battery or my Shaman heroism bot.

Over the years, several things have been removed from the game. So im asking you:

What do you like that has been removed from the game?

What do you dislike that has been removed from the game?

For example, I LIKE that flying was removed from the game. I DISLIKE that weapon skill was removed from the game.

Your turn.
    Things that should never have been removed from the game:

Having to level your weapon skills
    Having to actually form the group you are going to raid with using your reputation as a raider and not an instant system.
    ALL THE USEFUL abilities that have been pruned over the years in order to dumb things down for LFR players.
    Raid gating based on reputation or quest completion.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Removed that I liked: reforge. I understand the argument that it was a moot point since there was only 1 ever correct reforge. I just liked that I could always get my main stat on a piece that didn't have any normally. Some, could in theory, do reforge wrong as well.

Removed and glad to see gone: I don't know if it fits but I am only playing because I can pay with gold. The fact that they removed the need to pay for the game with CASHMONEY!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    I did not go to a website to choose what to reforge. I reforged a stat i found undesirable to my spec for pvp on my own without someone telling me. I reforged all the haste I could into mastery.
    Exactly worst to best... how could someone not like that feature. It literally made terrible pieces (still high ilvl but awful stats) so much more usable.

Liked the removal of weapon skills, expertise and hit stats.

Dislike almost any other removal:
    Removing of old talent trees;
    Removing of class quests;
    Removing of reagents for spells;
    Removing of support role;
    Removing of Healing power, mp5, armor penetration;
    Removing of arrows, mana as a hunter's resource, and pet happiness, as well as removal of a system when rare pets had rare abilities;
    Removing of poison making;
    Removing of dark nights;
    Removing of artichoke tea actually granting energy;
    Removing of valor gear, including free tier pieces;
    While we're there, removing of tier sets being a true bonus instead of being a bandaid fix for badly working specs;
    etc, etc...
    But mostly I mourn the loss of Reforge and a fuckton of spells/skills which were pruned in WoD and even more will be pruned in Legion
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Well let me clarify, I LIKE that flying is no longer attainable the moment you hit max level. So from that perspective, it has been removed from the game, and I like that.
    ... That makes no sense.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Not really removed, but old alterac valley.

Felt like an actual warzone between the horde and the alliance, lasted for hours or even days.

Now its just a rush boss zerg bg.

Deleted
    I LIKE how resistance gear required was removed
    I DISLIKE that Armor Penetration was removed

Disliked
    The removal of class quests (Just why?)
    The removal of dark nights (they are kind of fixing this)
    The removal of valor (Why did they do this again?)
    The removal of MOP Challenge Modes and upcoming removal of WOD Challenge Modes (Should be able to do them at 100 or 110 and have it scale up)
    The removal of old Azeroth (r.i.p)
    The removal of dishonorable kills
    The removal of attunements
    The removal of ZG and ZA raids
    The removal of reforging (options are always nice)
    The removal of RPG aspects
    The removal of glitching in areas (Stormwind glitches C

Liked
    The removal of arrows, hunter using mana, soul shards
    The upcoming ability prune
    The removal of hunter pet leveling
    The removal of flying in current content until end patch
    Last edited by DoctaPeppa; 2016-04-10 at 04:05 AM.

Yo yo

Kappa KKona MingLee

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that hit/exp was removed.

I dislike that VP/JP was removed.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctaPeppa View Post
    Disliked
    The removal of class quests (Just why?)
    The removal of dark knights (they are kind of fixing this)
    The removal of valor (Why did they do this again?)
    The removal of MOP Challenge Modes and upcoming removal of WOD Challenge Modes (Should be able to do them at 100 or 110 and have it scale up)
    The removal of old Azeroth (r.i.p)
    The removal of dishonorable kills
    The removal of attunements
    The removal of ZG and ZA raids
    The removal of reforging (options are always nice)
    The removal of RPG aspects
    The removal of glitching in areas (Stormwind glitches C

Liked
    The removal of arrows, hunter using mana, soul shards
    The upcoming ability prune
    The removal of hunter pet leveling
    The removal of flying in current content until end patch
    ..... What?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Removing ranks from spells was a good change

Removing class quests, even the small ones to get a single spell, Like the warlock pets, or to learn rez on a paladin, loved those.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that stupid stats like hit rating and expertise have been removed

I dislike that the old Amani War Bear was removed. I loved those colours and I'd love to have another chance at getting it

Deleted
    I like that weapon skills have been removed. I know that it had its pros and cons, and I didn't hate it, but in the long run I think it was the right move to take it away.

I dislike that they removed the original pvp ranking system. It was a lot of fun, and really made wpvp become something useful. I hope that the prestige system in Legion will feel like our New-old style pvp ranking system

Like:
    ~ No more weapon skills

Dislike:
    ~less gem slots
    ~no more attunement
    ~no more progression through old raids (Ie: burning crusade gear progression system)
    ~removing hit / defense rating
    ~Divine Intervention Spell