Thread: Play try beta

Deleted

Play try beta

Do i have to pre buy legion
    To join a beta server?

7+ Year Old Account
    you have to get a beta key/they have to invite you.
    + they didn't even announce the beta.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by wietje View Post
    Do i have to pre buy legion
    To join a beta server?
    First of all the only thing out right now is the closed alpha, nobody but streamers and blizzard can get into that.
    As for the beta, i dont think they announced if they will have an open beta, but it will be invite only.
    Sign up for a chance to get into the beta in your account settings on battle.net.

The only other way in is to win a beta key contest/giveaway.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Prepurchasing actually doesn't guarantee you'll ever get into alpha/beta. You have to be invited, with some invites being targeted (they've specifically targeted 13/13M players, PvPers, and popular streamers) and the rest randomized. You can opt-in for the chance at beta invites for each of Blizzard's games in your Battle.net account settings.

Quote Originally Posted by provaporous View Post
    First of all the only thing out right now is the closed alpha, nobody but streamers and blizzard can get into that.
    ^This is incorrect, it is still alpha but they're been putting out batches of both targeted and random invites. It's not just streamers and blizzard.

Also no you don't have to pre-order legion, you just have to be signed up for it and hope.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

They gave alpha to just about every person that had a mythic Archimonde kill prior to January when the alpha came back up after Christmas break...so, it's not as exclusive as you lead on.

Deleted
    Ty for info
    Usely i mean other patches
    I just could download it.
    Had a extra/other load screen.
    So why the restricties atm.
    Must say ive played always
    Beta in de last phase test
    Not so soon like now.
    Maybe that the reasen.
    Small server

As for the beta, i dont think they announced if they will have an open beta, but it will be invite only.
    Sign up for a chance to get into the beta in your account settings on battle.net.

I don't stream or work for Blizzard and I got an invite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wietje View Post
    Ty for info
    Usely i mean other patches
    I just could download it.
    Had a extra/other load screen.
    So why the restricties atm.
    Must say ive played always
    Beta in de last phase test
    Not so soon like now.
    Maybe that the reasen.
    Small server
    Patches go on the PTR, which is for everyone. Alphas/betas are far more restricted. Eventually 7.0 will go on the PTR for everyone to test if they want, but it won't have Legion content, only the class and system changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never pre-ordered pretty much, and I've gotten into almost every beta but this one.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I make it into just about every beta. I find if you are productive with blizzard and actually test and report bugs you get into future betas and alphas. If you just log into beta for "just to see it" reasons you can easily be skipped over. At least that's what I notice with my extremely small sample size of friends (so by no means am I putting this into law).

10+ Year Old Account

Why do people keep spreading this LIE. I don't work for Blizzard, my friend doesn't work for Blizzard anymore, and I do not stream... yet I'm in the Alpha/Beta
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

I'm not even subbed and I got into beta last night.