Second Old God released: N'Zoth

http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20073614

So what do you guys think? Imho it looks ridiculously overpowered, way above C'thun levels. Play a deck filled with Deathrattle, or play a deck with a few really strong deathrattles, and this is essentially an I-win-button unless your opponent has Molten+Shadowflame, Twisting Nether or DOOM! And even then, most deathrattles will spawn new minions, meaning that you're not out of the woods.

I guess we'll need to see more cards from the expansion before we know, and maybe cards like this is the reason for DOOM! but I don't think it's in any way strong enough to be considered a counter.

It'll be great in Wild where most of the best deathrattle minions are unavailable in standard

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a pretty strong card in the right decks. Paladin, in particular, with Tirion Fordring. You could also potentially come up with some interesting Anyfin-style combos by playing specific deathrattles to get a desired board state setup all in a single turn, though less reliable. Not necessarily as big a tempo swing as something like C'Thun as it doesn't necessarily prevent you from being killed on the next turn or negatively impact the enemy board, but it's a fairly powerful control tool and a pretty solid topdeck on turn 10+.

It's also a card that'll be around in Standard for a couple years, so there's a strong possibility that it'll keep getting stronger as time goes on. It's hard to evaluate right now because we don't know how many WotOG cards will include powerful Deathrattle effects.

I'd rate it as very strong in Wild, with Sludge Belchers and Deathlords, as those have a lot of direct impact on the board state. And of course there's Nerubian Egg, Haunted Creeper, etc.; you wouldn't necessarily build a deck around it, but if you're building a Deathrattle-heavy deck it's a solid pick.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2016-03-25 at 03:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That Undercity Huckster is going to be good in my Den of Thieves build.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Interesting combinations with Kel'Thuzad...

- - - Updated - - -

Although this sounds like it would be much, MUCH more suited for Yogg-Saron

- - - Updated - - -

Deleted
    I am interested in seeing the 2 other Old Gods as one of the developers said Yogg-Saron was by far their favourite Old God (in terms of card mechanic). I guess Y'Shaarj could possibly have some kind of interaction with the 7 Shas of emotions but I have no idea how they could make that into a card.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know.

"Battlecry: Remove all cards in hand, then replace them with the 7 Shas of Emotions."

Gonna be great in Raptor Rogue, since Rogue has two class Deathrattle cards at 2 and 4 mana, plus Anub.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtarc1987 View Post
    I am interested in seeing the 2 other Old Gods as one of the developers said Yogg-Saron was by far their favourite Old God (in terms of card mechanic). I guess Y'Shaarj could possibly have some kind of interaction with the 7 Shas of emotions but I have no idea how they could make that into a card.
    Deathrattle: Replace your minions with the seven Sha.

Sara 10 mana 5/5
    Deathrattle: Summon Yogg-Saron
    Yogg-Saron 0 mana 10/10
    At the end of your turn add an Insanity card to your opponent's hand
    Insanity 2 mana
    At the start of your turn take 2 damage

Y'Shaarj 10 mana 10/10
    Deathrattle: Add 7 Sha cards to your hand

Yogg-Saron is really OP. I like the idea just can't figure out the stats to make is balanced.

@Selastan That gif is cool as fuck.

Looks like Rogues get a chance to shine. I don't think this god is getting specific cards to buff him, right? Either way, it's okay. The stats are a bit lackluster, and it's not as powerful double Anyfin.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Gonna be great in Raptor Rogue, since Rogue has two class Deathrattle cards at 2 and 4 mana, plus Anub.
    Maaaybe? Maybe not. I'm wary of the future of Raptor Rogue once Egg, Creeper, Sludge and Shredder goes away in Standard.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Maaaybe? Maybe not. I'm wary of the future of Raptor Rogue once Egg, Creeper, Sludge and Shredder goes away in Standard.
    I'm sure there's going to be at least a couple more Deathrattle cards released.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Egg especially. Maybe some of the new deathrattles will be worth it.

I used to try to save my Raptors for Sylvanas, but it never really worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Egg especially. Maybe some of the new deathrattles will be worth it.

I used to try to save my Raptors for Sylvanas, but it never really worked.
    A lot more fun when you copy Sylvanas with Brann on board. The raptor does indeed steal 2 creatures after that. This happened once for me, and amazingly enough it was actually relevant.

As for N'Zoth, sounds like we will see Paladins playing either 2 Anyfin + 5 murlocs or N'Zoth + 6 deathrattle. The rest of the deck can stay the same.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulturia View Post
    A lot more fun when you copy Sylvanas with Brann on board. The raptor does indeed steal 2 creatures after that. This happened once for me, and amazingly enough it was actually relevant.

As for N'Zoth, sounds like we will see Paladins playing either 2 Anyfin + 5 murlocs or N'Zoth + 6 deathrattle. The rest of the deck can stay the same.
    Yeah but Sylv-Bran-Raptor... like... never happens. In a full season I think I got the combo maybe once?

Using Raptor on Eggs and Shredders was faaaaar better for tempo. Against face decks I would also Raptor a Sludge. In late-game, having Anub'arak survive just ONE turn to get a Raptor onto him meant it was game over.

Seriously need like... five more Raptors in that deck >.>
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)