Thread: Raid nerf?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    What was kinda weird was that pretty much every random group doing heroics for the first month had already been doing speedruns on PTR/beta and those of us who didn't bother playing the expansion before it was released were left out in the cold. After a little of that I really didn't care.
    That should have benefited you, not hurt you. If you get a group that already knows the whole instance and can do a speed run, just tag along and profit.
    Last edited by Fritters154; 2016-03-25 at 05:29 AM.

I'm surprised that so many people endured the ring process. I have 5 cloaks but never got past ilvl 640 with a ring. *shrug* I think it was the bad vibe in random heroics.
    Getting Cloaks on alts was a pretty hefty grind throughout the entire expansion (I had like 8 of them...)

At this point, with Garrison Missions, Shipyard Missions and weekly quests in Tanaan as catchup mechanic, getting Rings for alts is much faster than the Cloak in MoP.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I'm always down for a Mannoroth nerf. Shit fight m8.

Deleted
    While the raid itself doesn't need more nerfs (+10 ilvl already made it very easy), this patch will drag on for far too long. It's already 9 months long, which is equivalent to how long patch 4.3 lasted (exactly 9 months)

Legion is still few months away, possibly until September. July-August if we're lucky. That's still 4-6 months of same fucking content, bringing the total lifespan to staggering 13-15 months. Shave off 1 month prepatch, where every scrub will be able to PUG 13/13 mythic because that's how expansion prepatches work.

Just give us 4/4 upgrades and call it a day. Oh, and replace fucking apexis weekly event with +100% valor event. I have 1.5 million apexis on my account. I will never spend them cos pets are gated behind rep which I have no intention to grind on 11 characters.

I would be ok with making mythic flex for the last months (but i don't think that's going to happen)

For nerfing only Gore adds would be nice as he continues to be a pain if you have to pug people.
    Lots of guilds try to work around him but even that is a pain (or give people free portals so they can choose bosses.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Legion is still few months away, possibly until September. July-August if we're lucky.
    September if they cut content, otherwise November at earliest. It's still so unfinished/totally broken.
    I can see them adding 4/4 upgrades in a month or so, just to keep people farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    they should hurry up i unsubbed for first time in my wow time for 3 months now first time in all the 12 Years. And didnt raided progress since End september so boring and bad designed this HFC cant remember if there was a more worse raid as HFC.
    What exactly it is you dislike about HFC? Apart from it being visually and thematically very similar to BRF (which I don't mind too much since I didn't raid that), boss fights are mostly very interesting and unique and trash is OK. And on mythic, the instance proved fairly challenging (until they nerfed it with the upgrades).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Maybe it's because they haven't done anything with it for months and it's still quite a while before new expansion hits. It's not even about the difficulty about this point, but just having something new. Obviously 4/4 upgrades didn't revolutionize SoO, but it did make it bit more faster, accessible, allowed people to break some new dps records. Both the ring and 2/2 were done quite a while ago, and it's gotten quite stale.

If you think about it, this will probably be the longest time any instance went without any adjustment. WotLK had Ruby Sanctum, Cata had continuous % nerfs, MoP had another tier of item upgrades. In WoD, there's nothing at the same point in instance lifespan.
    There are guilds kill some bosses within 30 secs, most don't last beyond 2 mins with the exception of last few. If any more nerfs occur some of them would be dying within a ring duration, which would be a sad state of afair.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    What exactly it is you dislike about HFC? Apart from it being visually and thematically very similar to BRF (which I don't mind too much since I didn't raid that), boss fights are mostly very interesting and unique and trash is OK. And on mythic, the instance proved fairly challenging (until they nerfed it with the upgrades).
    Agree, for the progress duration HFC was very much a good raid, it's the longevity of it that's turning people against it. People that disliked it since day one are usually the ones that don't like WoD as an expansion, so it's fits their style.
    My twitch channel https://www.twitch.tv/durbem I stream my guild's mythic raids, but I'm also streaming other games from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    they'll just do another item level buff to gear, so going to 4/4 for valor upgrades.

i dont think they'll substantially nerf boss abilities.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    It's the same issue as with Siege of Orgrimmar.

It lasts too fucking long

Even the best raid in the world gets stale and boring after 40 resets. This raid has been with us for 40 resets already and it's shaping up to stay for 20 more.

Raids have been indirectly nerfed with the return of upgrading gear, and the ilvl of the ring reaching 795.

There's absolutely zero need to directly nerf raids...

I'm a champion on these forums of the casual/average player viewpoint, and I'm 12/13H in HFC right now. I hope to be 13/13H soon (not going to buy a carry).

So, no, I don't think it needs a nerf. What it needed was for you to have been raiding it for months and months so the buildup of gear in your group naturally nerfed it.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

I'd say its more likely they don't touch anything for the next few months but its still possible they could do more nerfing
    If you understand how power scaling works with item level you will recognise how ridiculous 4/4 upgrades will be though.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    I'd say its more likely they don't touch anything for the next few months but its still possible they could do more nerfing
    If you understand how power scaling works with item level you will recognise how ridiculous 4/4 upgrades will be though.
    I believe they've said there are no plans for that level of valor upgrades.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    September if they cut content, otherwise November at earliest. It's still so unfinished/totally broken.
    I can see them adding 4/4 upgrades in a month or so, just to keep people farming.
    All of my whats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    The prepatch will be an immense nerf again, most likely, either indirectly or directly. But that's later. A couple of months at least.

I really hope they don't do any further nerfs. It honestly makes zero sense to do so. As has already been said in here, it's pretty easy to find a pug group that can be coordinated well enough to handle almost all encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by enak101 View Post
    Hey, if we get 4/4, Steakmeats might be able to solo heal something yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    The instance is extremely heavily nerfed as is.

Even we can kill mythic Archimonde.

Would be shocked to see more nerfs.
    lol that's troll bait if i ever saw it.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Hey, if we get 4/4, Steakmeats might be able to solo heal something yeah?

Nice meme.