Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    She's a young girl and this man took advantage of her. You don't just brush that off and move on with your life. Is 6 years long enough to send a message?
    Honestly the way you view women disturbs me so much, like fragile porcelain dolls to be handled with care by upstanding defenders in a corrupt sexist society.

Basically this 15 year old teenage girl fancied Adam Johnson and the fact he was rich and good looking appealed to her and she found him sexually attractive. He then makes the mistake of reciprocating her advances when she is slightly too young and gets caught.

In my mind 6 months from this being controversial but legal adult behavior to being worth 6 years in prison which as others have said is less than some people get for murder is baffling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowleyXIV View Post
    He should burn in hell! How dare he to touch children.. without him they could have had normal dreams, normal days... no more.
    Well they're hot
    I jest

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    What does sex have to do with love?
    I'm referring to the love part of the sentence "Bet the kid was fucking loving it."

Which is completely different to what you're talking about.

Perhaps once he's out of jail, they can continue their relationship legally. Six years is a lot and too much (considering 16 is age of consent over there, so it would've been legal just one year away or less), but not spine-crushingly so.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    6 years is too much for likely ruining a young lady's life? That's crazy talk.
    Ruining? That's a bit of an exaggeration.
    Think this little clip is appropriate (6:02 - 6:52) with how people think teens react to the concept of sex:

https://youtu.be/A-1j-Yngg5o?t=367
    Last edited by Daedius; 2016-03-25 at 08:21 PM.

Deleted
    So she's 15. They didn't have sex. He's only 28, which for some guys might as well be 18.

Absolutely not worth a six year sentence. In Finland, 16-year olds can have sex with whomever they want. 15, 16, there's very little difference. They also didn't have sex. He had only been "grooming" her, which is a fancy way of saying they'd been chatting.

Also, if you'd dive a bit deeper into the case, I'm sure she, the girl, might not come out as "innocent" in it as you'd think. But, hey, she's "only 15", so of course no blame can be laid on her.

Complete bullshit. All of it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2016-03-25 at 10:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you telling me he was unaware of the laws of his country? Argue all you want about what age is appropriate, but there is an age limit that is set in your nation or there isn't one at all. He should know better. Six years is perfectly justifiable.

Here's a quick song:

Deleted
    bet the girl lied about her age so she could get some money or something

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Six years is perfectly justifiable.
    Six years is justifiable for some dirty talk with a 15-year old? That's asinine. Next you'll be telling us thieves should have their hands cut off and all that.

The jails of the world would be full of guys who have actually had intercourse with 15-year old girls who have gotten into bars with fake IDs, or who have just simply lied about their ages otherwise, if all of this bullshit led to jail time.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 years is not a child. Unless they are making the argument that this individual has not yet entered puberty. Sensationalism under the guise of legal jargon.

Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow83 View Post
    No.

This wasn't someone he'd met in a club or anything like that.

They'd communicated online for several months. He knew her age. His web history also included a Google search for age of consent. Which if you're really stretching could be because he's a New Order fan, but I doubt his defence lawyers would've gone with that gamble.

Im just happy Tennis called it by its correct name football and not the american made soccer word.
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow83 View Post
    Why bother commenting when you clearly know nothing of this case?

Deleted
    A couple years for having consensual sex with a 15-year old, if 16 is the legal limit, would make sense. Statutory rape is such a debatable piece of asinine shit that I'm not even going to go there. However, for kissing and some dirty chatting with a 15-year old, when it's completely consensual? Six months at the most, and maybe rather probation and fines than actual jail time.

Anyone suggesting six years for this should not be making decisions for the human species.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Six years is justifiable for some dirty talk with a 15-year old? That's asinine. Next you'll be telling us thieves should have their hands cut off and all that.
    Well he did also finger bang her
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Adams View Post
    Well he did also finger bang her
    Where does it say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Where does it say that?
    It doesn't in this article, but if you've followed the case all the way through it was mentioned in a number of reports.

The real question is, is Johnson a rocker, a shocker, a spocker, or something else?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    It doesn't in this article, but if you've followed the case all the way through it was mentioned in a number of reports.
    Well, I doubt anyone outside the UK knows who Adam Johnson is, so no, I most certainly haven't "followed the case". Apparently she did give him a BJ and he did finger her, so that obviously changes things from just kissing and dirty chats.

But still, six years would be stretching it even if they'd been fornicating 24/7.

That's how you fight these things; you make them even more dangerous, even more taboo, by making examples of people and giving them harsh sentences. Because, we all know, nothing is a bigger turn off in sex than taboos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Im just happy Tennis called it by its correct name football and not the american made soccer word.
    Only the word isn't an American made word....past that comment I think this is stupid all the way around. He was stupid for doing what he did but it shouldn't warrant a 6 year punishment for something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.