Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you think BGs should have stats averaged?

Basically everybody regardless of level and armor would have the same stats, there would be no advantages. This doesnt include ranked play like Arena and RBGs.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

What you're suggesting to me sounds like rated play already, everyone's basically geared and on a " level playing field ". At this point in a season most people in random bg's are pretty much fully geared as well with some exceptions of course. As far as level, I'm guessing you're referring to bg's while levelling? If so, I think players already get adjusted to the max level of the bracket they're in. And as far as armour goes, I think most people are wearing all the BOA's they can which wouldn't leave much room for varying gear between players, again with exceptions of course. Then again, maybe I'm just misunderstanding your idea

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you played destiny? It would be similar concept to that. Armor and level would add no advantage to the combat, a lvl 10 could beat a lvl 100.

No I haven't played it, could be interesting. But that concept sounds very non mmo. Like where or why would people have incentive to bother reaching max level or trying to gear up imo.

Many people would stop pvping if there was no new gear to get or gear didn't give some advantage.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Why would I play the game if I can't get better gear? PvP would be dead basically.

So basically, you mean Legion pvp ?

Artifact traits and pvp talents is the new equivalent to gear progression. The difference between a fresh 110 vs someone with a fully upgraded artifact + unlocked pvp talents will be huge.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol... you people need to get off unofficial forums and actually research OFFICIAL posts every once in while. They announced they're doing this a while ago...

"So, if you're not earning Honor or Conquest to purchase gear any more, how will your equipment contribute to your character's strength in PvP? The answer is... it won't (much).

In Legion, as soon as you zone into a PvP instance, the stats on your gear will be nullified, and you'll be given a pre-determined set of stats that's uniquely configured for your specialization. Furthermore, any set bonuses, enchants, Legendary bonuses, or trinket effects will be deactivated (although your Artifact and its related Artifact Powers will remain active).

The only contribution your gear will make to your overall power is through a small modifier based on your average item level. For every point that your average item level increases, your pre-determined PvP stats will increase by 0.1%. That means a 25 item level difference between two players only results in a 2.5% difference in stats, compared to the 25% difference it makes today. There’s still a little incentive to improve your gear – a concept we think is important for World of Warcraft – but the benefits are much less pronounced.

These changes bring a couple of major advantages. First of all, it puts everyone participating in organized PvP on a much more even playing field. Obviously, you'll still want to unlock your Honor Talents to reach your full potential, but you'll be able to hold your own in battle in the meantime.

Second, it allows us infinitely more control to make PvP-specific balance tweaks. If one spec's Mastery is too strong in PvP, that's fine – we can just reduce the amount of Mastery they have. If a spec is too easy to kill, we can increase their Stamina. If a healer is having too much trouble keeping teammates alive, we can increase their Spellpower. In short, we can tune classes for PvP in a way that’s exclusively focused on PvP."

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/199...iew-12-16-2015
    Last edited by theArcaneBagel; 2016-03-27 at 12:03 AM.
    I make videos of SimCity mainly, but am open to suggestions; check me out!

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcan...?feature=guide
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheArcaneBagel

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvuk View Post
    Have you played destiny? It would be similar concept to that. Armor and level would add no advantage to the combat, a lvl 10 could beat a lvl 100.
    destiny pvp was garbage. And weapons & armor did matter..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    destiny pvp was garbage. And weapons & armor did matter..
    With iron banner and trials of Osiris sure. The ranked pvp would still have the armor advantages and it not saying that out in the open world armor and lvl wouldnt matter, just in regular bgs.

Basically everybody regardless of level and armor would have the same stats, there would be no advantages. This doesnt include ranked play like Arena and RBGs.
    so you mean like whats happening in legion.

I think stat averaging would make things a lot more balanced for people who are new to PvP, but how would that reward the PvP veteran? What would the point of PvP gear even be?

Also, lets not forget there is already a 90 iLevel gap between just-hit-100 gear and too end gear. So... 9% (and at least in the alpha, the .1% has been shown to actually be .25%) and keep in mind, stats conflate with one another. So, 9% more crit/haste/matery/vers/dps stat works out to a LOT more than a 9% increase in power. (And of the Alpha numbers dont get adjusted down before it goes live, itll actually be more like 36%).

Add to that that your artifact traits and abilities need to be unlocked for your full potential (and its actually more important than iLevel as in some caees its flat 10%+ damage increases, and active abilities youndont yet have...

And the PvP talents taking longer to grind than a full set of Honor gear (which is down to Hours on live, and doesnt actually require PvP; full Honor Ranks are taking weeks already, potentially 2+ months) - and that some classes are gimped to the point of uselessness without their 3rd column abilities and others dont seem to need any kf the PvP talents oer than the medallion...

blizzards delusion that this "no gear, stat scaling" is going to make PvP easier to get into and "more fair to players just entering PvP" is just that - a delusion. A player with no talents unlocked is goiing to be a much larger hindrance to his team than a guy 10 iLevels behinf because hes in Honor gear. And if hes got an unleveled artifact to go with that? -worse- on new players than the current system.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... basically what Blizzard are doing in Legion?

Lol.

Ironing out low level PVP to take away the ridiculous advantage of enchanted Heirlooms, which causes new players to get 1shot while they try to hurt comparatively invincible player enemies would be a great way to improve the game. As for max level, the difference between geared and ungeared is meant to be much smaller in Legion, which is only a good thing.

I can't tell how this works out because on the PVP beta realm everyone has the same gear.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I like PVPing and getting better gear and then being able to coast. Take something like Rift, using a Warden prime with Inq and Purifier off tree, I could easily hold the bridge at Pot of Scion vs the entire opposing team. Top gear and you just couldn't touch me. That's how it should be. Skill and gear, GTFO.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

IDK I kind of like the idea of having to grind and work for my gear at top level, as annoying as it is it feels good knowing that putting in the time gives an advantage, but at the same time it sucks losing to someone who is not as good as you but just has more gear. But idk maybe im an elitist dick but every time they make changes to make the game more casual i get annoyed. I feel like I'd get bored quick if i didn't have to spend time grinding and gearing up.

With iron banner and trials of Osiris sure. The ranked pvp would still have the armor advantages and it not saying that out in the open world armor and lvl wouldnt matter, just in regular bgs.
    I ran around and pistol whiped everyone didnt matter if they were higher level or not I did not care They ate the pistol whip and died thats so aweomse gameplay... not.

This is how pvp at max level is in legion. The only difference in stats comes from being a different spec and class, a frost DK would have different stats from a fury warrior, but the same stats as another frost DK.

The difference in progression now comes from PVP talents and artifact weapons.