Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nuclear plant guard shotdead, security card stolen in Belgium.

A security guard was shot dead last Thursday night when walking his dog, reports local newspaper Dernière Heure this Saturday.
    His security card was stolen, spraking fear that terrorists are trying to gain access to the facility for either an attack or to steal material to create a "dirty bomb".

Source (In French): http://www.dhnet.be/actu/faits/un-ag...702a22d5bbf868

It's not a pleasent idea that a country like Belgium, that is under heavy fire internationally for it's internal mess and constant failures, has a nuclear plant that already had lots of technical problems the last years but now also is in danger because the Belgium government can't guarantee any form of security in it's own country.

Deleted
    So either take his security card out of the system (if such a thing is possible), or simply make new cards and hand those out to the rest of the crew (and in the meanwhile hire security to check personal entering). Problem solving with Lemposs, because the world ain't that freaking difficult.

They already deactivated the card so it's pretty much useless now .

10+ Year Old Account
    Was his security card, specifically, stolen, or was that in his wallet that was... ALSO stolen?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

And itd do little good regardless. Nuclear plants are secure as fuck. Its not a case of take a card and access is yours
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Scary stuff. If anybody needs to 'stop letting muslims in' its Europe but they're already overrun, so too late. They've got the real problem.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    They have their eye on it for some time now.

In 2014, the nuclear plant was "sabotaged" from the inside.
    They also found hours of footage that terrorists taped around the plant/ They also taped personal/staff.

The Belgian government better turn it into a fortress now. I don't feel comfortable with a country like this so close to my own...

You have no idea how bad things are in europe atm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Scary stuff. If anybody needs to 'stop letting muslims in' its Europe but they're already overrun, so too late. They've got the real problem.
    Seems like officials should go about finding and punishing criminals. That's probably the course of action to take.

You know, as opposed to throwing up your hands and giving up and expecting things to magically fix themselves.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

A fraction of a % is hardly over-run
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    A fraction of a % is hardly over-run
    It's hardly a fraction of a % but you wouldn't know. Hell, a lot of the people in those countries don't even know because they don't want to know. In France for example the political class acts like they don't see what the general population is so angry about, voting for the extreme right, when in truth they've never set foot in the 'ghettos' many of their citizens are forced to live in. Places that are overrun with 2nd, 3rd generation muslim immigrants who run the place and terrorize most of the other people living there, including other muslims because they were never properly integrated and ostracized in many ways. The justice system is a joke and people can appear before a judge dozens of times for things such as repeated assault and robbery without any real consequence. The situation is dire and I'd be willing to bet it'll catch fire within the next decade. Once the welfare money goes those people will be in the streets tearing the place apart.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-26 at 11:03 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

I'm just scared for Muslims in general. If stuff like this keep happening and is attributed to them public opinion is going to swing out far past just racism eventually.

Deleted
    It's hardly a fraction of a % but you wouldn't know. Hell, a lot of the people in those countries don't even know because they don't want to know. In France for example the political class acts like they don't know what the general population is so angry about, voting for the extreme right, when in truth they've never set foot in the 'ghettos' many of their citizens are forced to live in. Place that are overrun with 2nd, 3rd generation muslim immigrants who run the place and terrorize most of the other people living there, including other muslims because they were never properly integrated and ostracized in many ways. The justice system is a joke and people can appear before a judge dozens of times for things such as repeated assault and robbery without any real consequence. The situation is dire and I'd be willing to bet it'll catch fire within the next decade. Once the welfare money goes those people will be in the streets tearing the place apart.
    Do you actually live in the ghetto or do you get your information from the media?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Do you actually live in the ghetto or do you get your information from the media?
    I have first hand experience, yes. Thankfully I never had to live in those shitholes personally but I knew a lot of people who had no choice. There's a real reason the extreme right has gained so much in places like France and it isn't because of delusional paranoia.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2016-03-26 at 11:08 AM.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    A security guard was shot dead last Thursday night when walking his dog, reports local newspaper Dernière Heure this Saturday.
    His security card was stolen, spraking fear that terrorists are trying to gain access to the facility for either an attack or to steal material to create a "dirty bomb".

Source (In French): http://www.dhnet.be/actu/faits/un-ag...702a22d5bbf868

It's not a pleasent idea that a country like Belgium, that is under heavy fire internationally for it's internal mess and constant failures, has a nuclear plant that already had lots of technical problems the last years but now also is in danger because the Belgium government can't guarantee any form of security in it's own country.
    Stop doing the work of terrorists for them.

A dirty bomb is bomb with some radioactive crap in it. It is no more lethal than conventional explosives.

The only reason to use a dirty bomb is that stupid people conflate the idea of a dirty bomb with a nuclear weapon. By posting information like you have, you will increase the level of publicity for Jihadi organizations by highlighting a threat which doesn't exist and making people irrationally scared, who will in turn disseminate this nonsense all over the web.

- - - Updated - - -

I have first hand experience, yes. Thankfully I never had to live in those shitholes personally but I knew a lot of people who had no choice. There's a real reason the extreme right has gained so much in places like France and it isn't because of delusional paranoia, unlike some other places I can think of.
    What first hand experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    So either take his security card out of the system (if such a thing is possible), or simply make new cards and hand those out to the rest of the crew (and in the meanwhile hire security to check personal entering). Problem solving with Lemposs, because the world ain't that freaking difficult.

Taking a card out of the system is possible. I doubt a facility as that uses only id cards. I think there might be a code/magnet strip on the card.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    What first hand experience?
    I've seen the situation evolve on the ground over the last decade. I've been to those places, I know people who are forced to live there, I've seen how their lives have changed over the years. Honestly, I don't have to explain myself to you. Believe whatever you want but I know these things for facts and people in the states should thank the lord the situation here is nothing like the one over there.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Quote Originally Posted by Turkey One View Post
    I'm just scared for Muslims in general. If stuff like this keep happening and is attributed to them public opinion is going to swing out far past just racism eventually.
    1. muslim isn't a fucking race. goddammit get it right. so sick of it being called racism, it's bigotry, not racism. THERE'S A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE.

2. i doubt anything will happen, europe in general is too limpwristed for it. too many years of weak policies.

anyway, the moment they try to use that card, there's gonna be alarms everywhere. nothing will come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    1. muslim isn't a fucking race. goddammit get it right. so sick of it being called racism, it's bigotry, not racism. THERE'S A DISTINCT DIFFERENCE.

2. i doubt anything will happen, europe in general is too limpwristed for it. too many years of weak policies.

anyway, the moment they try to use that card, there's gonna be alarms everywhere. nothing will come of this.
    I know. Its the people who are racist that don't understand #1.

Right now most of those people attribute your every day Middle Eastern person to being Muslim and it turns into racism even if that doesn't really make sense to do. Its just what happens. Basically I was saying that public opinion regarding what people think of Muslims will produce more than just racism eventually. Not that Muslim is a race in itself
    Last edited by Erolian; 2016-03-26 at 11:19 AM.

Deleted
    I've seen the situation evolve on the ground over the last decade. I've been to those places, I know people who are forced to live there, I've seen how their lives have changed over the years. Honestly, I don't have to explain myself to you. Believe whatever you want but I know these things for facts and people in the states should thank the lord the situation here is nothing like the one over there.
    You do have to explain yourself if you want your comments to be credible. I don't believe you are credible. You sound like a middle/upper-class posh boy that went into a ghetto once to score coke or something and got scared by all the brown people.

Your comments do not tally with my experience of actually living in a ghetto and your language is redolent of media scaremongering rather than actual experience. Even far right types who lived in ghetto areas do not talk about it like you do.