Poll: Legion Level scaling Technology from 1-100! (or at least from 1-80)

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Idea: Legion Level Scaling from level 1-100! (or at least from 1-80)

How about this?

If Blizzard Implements Legion level Scaling Technology from 1-100 (or at least 1-80) it would make the world/questing way more interesting/Challenging/immersive.

This would do the Entirety of World of Warcraft much good and propell the leveling content forward and to a great level of standards.

Let us know what you think and hand out your votes.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Wolfrick; 2016-03-26 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    How about this?

If Blizzard Implements Legion level Scaling Technology from 1-100 (or at least 1-80) it would make the world/questing way more interesting/Challenging/immersive.

This would do the Entirety of World of Warcraft much good and propell the leveling content forward and to a great level of standards.

Let us know what you think and hand out your votes.

Thanks in advance!
    I can't imagine this isn't something they are considering. The only issue would probably have to do with the "order" of the story, if that makes sense. I definitely wouldn't mind it, giving players more options is almost never a bad thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    I can't imagine this isn't something they are considering. The only issue would probably have to do with the "order" of the story, if that makes sense. I definitely wouldn't mind it, giving players more options is almost never a bad thing.
    They would have to make it so that each zone had a "max low level" in this way you could not bring a level 1 Character to Ashenvale and start leveling him there at level 1.

This wouldn't be a bad idea, specially since most of us have all max levels and haven't experienced the new zones from cataclysm. Not a big deal if they don"t do it, but it would be nice to see the implementation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pridefall View Post
    This wouldn't be a bad idea, specially since most of us have all max levels and haven't experienced the new zones from cataclysm. Not a big deal if they don"t do it, but it would be nice to see the implementation.
    Yes! that would even make the old content playable at max level, which would mean more content t max level! which is amazing

I wanted this for years. They don't need to open all zones for level 1 but rather keep the minimum level requirement for each continent and zone the same it is right now (i.e. Outland from 58+, Northrend from 68+ etc.) but make it so that you can stay in the zone and finish the questlines without getting "inefficient" amounts of exp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd support this idea.

But since the leveling experience for new players is extremely lackluster and trivial and dull (which would not even describe how easy it is), I'd really like them to invest time in making ALL dungeons ready or timewalking. And not the crappy once every 2-3-4 weeks cycling of 6-8 dungeons but have it up as a LFD choice at all times (I still hate LFD as a thing but asking people to find a group in /1 and walking to the dungeon entrance is asking waaaaaaaaay to much of people apparently).

But! Level scaling for all the zones would be really awesome to have too
    It's just a shame you've outleveled a zone after doing 6 quests, so I'm not sure if this will add anything to the overall leveling experience. Someone will figure out the optimal path of zones and people will just follow that route. But in a way that is unavoidable.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Not saying it is a bad idea, but what about making the leveling process makes it "challenging"?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Think about what? There is no question, just a topic.
    Do I want level scaling? Do I think they will add level scaling?
    What is the question here?

Deleted
    This has been discussed since blizzcon, it certainly would be nice but they would have to increase exp gained through questing or decrease dungeon experience for it to be worth implementing imo.

People always look for the most covinient way.

Going through and individually flagging every Cata quest for this would take a lot of time. I'm more inclined towards taking that time and making a whole expansion out of it. Re-vamp the entire old world again and make every zone contain scaling max level content and objectives. Make the herbs and ores from each zone relevant again and mix and match them for max level recipes. Really get people going out into the world again and engaging with players across level barriers.

I would prefer a "Nightmare" mode. Until then, I'll level new chars.

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What would nightmare mode be?

I would love if you could "rebirth" your character. But I just grow to attached to all my achievements etc to simply reroll every expansion :/
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it would make the world much less streamlined. Though they should absolutely retain difficulty. The yellow/orange/red colors you see sometimes. They should make it so that let's say big group quest are red and nearly impossible to solo. It's a MMO.

And they should also include the old world back through means like caverns of time, allowing (even new) player to experience the different old world if they'd like to. Can't hurt the game in any way.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by proband View Post
    I wanted this for years. They don't need to open all zones for level 1 but rather keep the minimum level requirement for each continent and zone the same it is right now (i.e. Outland from 58+, Northrend from 68+ etc.) but make it so that you can stay in the zone and finish the questlines without getting "inefficient" amounts of exp.
    Exactly! it would make low leveling interesting again, and even bring max players back to the old zone just to finish Loremaster or just to even experiance old content on max levels.

But I also think they should, make the leveling more challenging so that the mobs kinda has more health and does more damage (if some on want to keep leveling fast, blizzard should make the possibility to get a Experiance buff or potion from major cities that would boost it with 400%, this way people that are burned out or just wanna level fast can do that, but keep the World Challenging and Immersive.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    I'd support this idea.

But since the leveling experience for new players is extremely lackluster and trivial and dull (which would not even describe how easy it is), I'd really like them to invest time in making ALL dungeons ready or timewalking. And not the crappy once every 2-3-4 weeks cycling of 6-8 dungeons but have it up as a LFD choice at all times (I still hate LFD as a thing but asking people to find a group in /1 and walking to the dungeon entrance is asking waaaaaaaaay to much of people apparently).

But! Level scaling for all the zones would be really awesome to have too
    It's just a shame you've outleveled a zone after doing 6 quests, so I'm not sure if this will add anything to the overall leveling experience. Someone will figure out the optimal path of zones and people will just follow that route. But in a way that is unavoidable.
    I agree with you, they should, make the leveling more challenging so that the mobs kinda has more health and does more damage (if some on want to keep leveling fast, blizzard should make the possibility to get a Experiance buff or potion from major cities that would boost it with 400%, this way people that are burned out or just wanna level fast can do that, but keep the World Challenging and Immersive.)

its great that we think the same, there are many more out there that agree with us and lets hope blizzard sees the light, or maybe they have seen the light allready

I`ll keep our hopes up

Thanks for the input!

PS: LFG is ok, but we should have to travel to the Instance, at least this way people know where it is, outside each instance has a summoning stone which 2 players can use to summon the other members, this would make people talk to each others and forward player interaction which improves the Health and fun of an MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    Think about what? There is no question, just a topic.
    Do I want level scaling? Do I think they will add level scaling?
    What is the question here?
    "HOW about this?" is a question?

so I can ask it more Explicit: Would you enjoy to have "Legion Level Scaling Techonoly" for Level 1-100?

hope you understood this,

Cheers mate and hope it made it clear for you, if you let me know.

Ciao

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    This has been discussed since blizzcon, it certainly would be nice but they would have to increase exp gained through questing or decrease dungeon experience for it to be worth implementing imo.

People always look for the most covinient way.
    Mate, I am glad that it has been discussed since Blizzcon, but why would they have to Increase Exp gained through questing or decrease dungeon experiance?

I know many people that just level for the enjoyment of the Content and the Lore, so they dont care of how Covinient it is, this would just make it so that you would always be at the same level as quests mobs and this would make the world more fun and more challenging for players.

(Btw, I am one of those that I dont care to level fast, I just want to enjoy the leveling)

"People always look for the most covinient way" normall people play a game because it is Fun and Challenging not because it is convinient...

well, thanks for your input.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Going through and individually flagging every Cata quest for this would take a lot of time. I'm more inclined towards taking that time and making a whole expansion out of it. Re-vamp the entire old world again and make every zone contain scaling max level content and objectives. Make the herbs and ores from each zone relevant again and mix and match them for max level recipes. Really get people going out into the world again and engaging with players across level barriers.
    Interesting,

this could become a cool Implementation, with all the herb and Resources out there in the World it would bring a loot of new content, how about making it possible to fuse some minerals together or even Experiment with herb minerals to find out new and Special recepies. maybe combine it with the next expansion (south seas Expansion).

Great input, like this very much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    What do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    Yes, it would make the world much less streamlined. Though they should absolutely retain difficulty. The yellow/orange/red colors you see sometimes. They should make it so that let's say big group quest are red and nearly impossible to solo. It's a MMO.

And they should also include the old world back through means like caverns of time, allowing (even new) player to experience the different old world if they'd like to. Can't hurt the game in any way.
    "Can't hurt the game in any way" that is what I am thinking, this can only make World of Warcraft stronger and better, as you say "the yellow/orange/red Colors would come back and give many players some interesting new things to do "TOGETHER"... It`s a MMO

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nostromo93 View Post
    The devs already said, they will not touch the 1-100 zones for Legion. But I think, if the Legion model works out good with us players, they will revamp 1-100 with the expansion after Legion.
    I know what they said, but if you want bring many new players with the "Warcraft Movie" they need to Fix the low leveling NOW ASAP, or I fear that many new Potential World of Warcraft players will just leave when they reach level 40...

but as you say, implementing this from 1 to 100, could even make it so that people that reach level 60 could choose to level 60-80 in Northrend or in outland, that would make a loot of players very happy.

Since as I have experiance with some friends they just cant stand Outland any more, they kinda stop leveling after reaching level 60, and even so, people who dont like Northrend would have the possibility to just stay in outland for the entire 20 levels, again, its a WIN/WIN situation which is the best senario.

I definitely support this.

A minimum level per zone would obviously be necessary, as mentioned above; just to ensure a minimal flow of progression.

Regarding dungeons, it would also be awesome if the same gets applied to dungeons as well. Not sure which is easier to implement first, zone-quest scaling, or dungeon scaling (yes, I know the tech will be there for both in Legion, but I'm referring to the effort required to retrofit existing/prior content to the new tech...).

Resource gathering scaling would also be awesome, as well as the pertinent crafting changes, but that seems like a good candidate for a future version of this.

I would prefer to lock this option behind some achievements like Loremaster. If you had finished the questline, you will be able to level your alts with that option. It would be great. Everybody have some favorite zone. For example, if you like Duskwood, you will be able to finish the zone questline even with heirlooms, if it will not be tied to level. So you will be able to pick up the only most favorite zones and level there. But i don´t like level restriction. For example if you are level 40 and you would like to level in Mount Hyjal or Nagrand, you should be able to do that even if your level is not high enough to enter that zone.

To be honest, in WoW are like 55-60 leveling zones in Level 1-100 scale. If you have heirlooms equipped, there is no way to level in each of these zones and by doing so complete the whole storyline. Nowadays you need like 1/3 of them to level up to 100. So it would be great to give player a choice in which zone he wanna level, which zone he likes most.

I don´t think that there should be some storyline continuity if you are leveling 2nd or 3rd character. And it will be optional thing. The same thing with dungeons, nowadays you still need to go "back in time" and fight those bosses, which are already dead. It is game mechanic, so u dont need to pay attention at the storyline flow.
    Last edited by Draculla; 2016-03-26 at 01:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    I definitely support this.

A minimum level per zone would obviously be necessary, as mentioned above; just to ensure a minimal flow of progression.

Regarding dungeons, it would also be awesome if the same gets applied to dungeons as well. Not sure which is easier to implement first, zone-quest scaling, or dungeon scaling (yes, I know the tech will be there for both in Legion, but I'm referring to the effort required to retrofit existing/prior content to the new tech...).

Resource gathering scaling would also be awesome, as well as the pertinent crafting changes, but that seems like a good candidate for a future version of this.
    wow, the Dungeon scaling is kinda smart, yet again with a Minimum level, but it would give leveling players an almost infinite different number of Dungeons to level in throw there entire leveling experiance.

great thinking bro.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, I'd be all for it.

I genuinely enjoy a lot of the post Cata pre-60 Storylines/areas. To be able to just take them all at my own pace and still level efficiently would be amazing to me.

I hate leveling through 70-100 nowadays after doing it so much, yet I still always enjoy the 1-70 leveling.

If Blizzard did this I would likely level many more characters just for the fun of exploring every zone without leaving early due to quests going grey.