Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I rarely watched our TV but almost facing on my computer daily Playing, Surfing on Net, Watching Movies, Steaming Games.

I mean really, even something as simple as YouTube has gotten to the point where you can watch stuff for free thanks to whatever advertising agreements they have with companies. And this is just one example without resorting to pirating.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll stream to it when I want to watch something with the mrs or have some background noise on. As for sitting there and channel surfing like a zombie, no, I feel like those days are long gone.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched TV in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Do you really have a cap on regular internet? Fucking weirdos. As for the piracy thing, get a VPN and go nuts.
    its cable company's way of getting back at people for no longer buying their TV subscription services. the irony is that streaming takes up minor part of my actual internet usage, and I had to buy a bigger cap plan just to be able to keep myself in video games. my cable company is huge part of the reason I started buying at least some games on disc again, and I haven't bought physical copies in years thanks to Steam etc (and no I don't have other options where I live, well I do, but those options are laughable - dsl would require thosands of dollars to upgrade to fiberoptic, otherwise its one step above dialup and satellite has much worse caps with much worse connection speeds)

as for piracy, I try to keep it to a minimum, because while it might not hurt something like say Batman VS Superman, all that much - it does hurt movies like Dredd, and then we don't get sequels to movies I actualy WISH had sequels. (not to mention TV shows getting canceled in a first season - Hulu type streaming still counts towards ratings as far as I know)
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2016-03-28 at 08:00 AM.

I watch ice hockey world championships every year. Haven't watched anything else in over a decade.

im 23 I watch more TV than I ever have before. TV has gotten so good over the years especially increased variety in shows to watch and I have a lot of free time.

I watch way more TV than I do movies or play games. I mainly view netflix,amazon originals, Showtime original shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moslin View Post
    I watch way more TV than I do movies or play games. I mainly view netflix,amazon originals, Showtime original shows.
    I think he ment watching TV, like just watching whatever random shit is on..

Sports are the only thing i watch regularly on tv, and i always have the local news or sports news on the background when i'm at work. Other than that i watch Black Sails, Outlander, and Game of Thrones. That's pretty much it.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it wasn't for TMC, The Travel Channel, AMC, and College Football I wouldn't have TV.

I'm not going to watch a 2 hour movie using my computer. I can. I just don't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    I sure as hell don't. TV is a relic of the past as far as I'm concerned, watching shows and movies on my time instead of someone else's schedule.
    This ^

I don't own a TV because of that.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    its cable company's way of getting back at people for no longer buying their TV subscription services. the irony is that streaming takes up minor part of my actual internet usage, and I had to buy a bigger cap plan just to be able to keep myself in video games. my cable company is huge part of the reason I started buying at least some games on disc again, and I haven't bought physical copies in years thanks to Steam etc (and no I don't have other options where I live, well I do, but those options are laughable - dsl would require thosands of dollars to upgrade to fiberoptic, otherwise its one step above dialup and satellite has much worse caps with much worse connection speeds)

as for piracy, I try to keep it to a minimum, because while it might not hurt something like say Batman VS Superman, all that much - it does hurt movies like Dredd, and then we don't get sequels to movies I actualy WISH had sequels. (not to mention TV shows getting canceled in a first season - Hulu type streaming still counts towards ratings as far as I know)
    Ugh, that fucking sucks.. And these guys have close to monopoly on internet subscription? Should sue them. Yes that's true, but you know, internet will be internet. The movies i download are the ones i wouldn't watch on cinema anyway. As for tv-shows i only use HBO, Netflix etc for that so i guess that's not as bad as downloading it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Tv is still perfectly fine for anything shown live, hardly a relic of the past.

I never watch TV live when I had cable+DVR. I cut the cord and use the money to buy the media I want to watch, saved me money in the long run

Deleted
    Whether a show is a TV show or not is defined by what it's supposed to be watched on, not what the source of it is. Netflix and other stream services, HBO and other cable services, as well as regular network channels all make TV shows, because they're designed to be watched in a living room, on a couch, on a TV screen. Even buying whole seasons of shows on DVD or BluRay means you're buying TV shows.

To start arguing that shows on Netflix, for example, aren't TV shows, because they're not included in the feed you're getting out of your wall socket is just asinine as hell.

Just because you can watch these shows on your computer, sitting in an uncomfortable-as-hell office chair, doesn't mean that that's how they're supposed to be enjoyed, or that that's how the vast majority of the world watches them.

This is how you watch shows:

Not like this:

And that's why they're called "TV shows".

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    To be fair, I watch my chinese girl cartoons(and some British/American tv comedy shows) through my computer, but I use my tv as a 2nd screen. So I can still just watch it from my couch.
    But I do agree that they are obviously still tv shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cuted my cable sub recently (somehow still managed to watch the x-files), the reality is that modern tv is so boring that becomes nearly pointless to pay for tv.

Currently only have broadcast tv, and all i see on it, its the news... the 12m comercials on some channels make it even worst.

Deleted
    I barely ever watch TV, I stopped using the internet about 6 months ago too. I have so much freedom now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Phew.

Just finished watching a bunch of the Walking Dead episodes on my DVR, including the one that aired last night. Glad I wasn't watching TV, though. Because no one does that sort of thing anymore. <tosses his hair to the side before going back to catch up on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., too>
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov