Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People on social security are the only ones I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still watch it now and then...sometimes its just nice to have the noise in the background to be honest...I don't like pure silence much...I even sleep with a fan on at night because I don't like sleeping in pure silence.

I record a lot of stuff and I don't watch live tv much anymore...but I still do now and then.

I watch sports on tv(mostly football and hockey), other than that I stream stuff on Netflix.

10+ Year Old Account
    I watch some TV shows, but streaming and usually at the computer.

In fact, up until literally two weeks ago, I was still rocking a CRT TV. I couldn't justify the expense of a flatscreen for something I basically only used for my Wii. We ended up spending part of our tax return on a modest flatscreen for the bedroom and moved our CRT to the living room. Everything we watch on it is still all streaming, though, through the Roku. We don't have cable.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalia View Post
    Which are businesses just being greedy. Data transfer rates have no impact on company overhead unless it directly affects the infrastructures limitations. I have been with some small service providers which don't even cap your data.
    right now time warner is the only isp in the u.s. that doesn't cap data. comcast has repeatedly tried to buy them out. i wonder why.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    The difference between streaming and being a Television slave is a big one

Cable Satalight and premieum channels to watch half the shows you can watch free is a fucking scam

Just burn your money same result.

It's about the educated and the uneducated.

Oh and you don't pray a show is going to air again if you discover a new series. You just fucking watch it.
    until the rights expire and you can't watch it anymore. ohh....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I havn't watched TV in over 8 years.

with things like Putlocker available I watch everything from my Command Center.

Paying for Cable
    Paying for premium channels
    having a TV for whatever the fuck reason
    having a blue ray player
    having DVR
    sitting through commercials.

It's all a waste. its a relic.

I will never own a Television again.
    Like watching football matches in decent quality?
    Lol at all the no-tv elitism on MMO-C.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    people download shows alot more than they let on. tv is dieing just like newspapers.

it is a brave new world of entertainment and the ad companies cannot catch up.
    if you live in the states and have for example a family of 4 and want to game online watch tv online, stream movies. better open that wallet wide cause your going to hit that data cap really fast which is capped at 300gb for comcast who supplies over half the u.s.'s internet.
    also if your referring to pirating tv shows that's illegal.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-03-27 at 08:18 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Sportsball? TV? Like the normies do?

Round here we watch crunchyroll on our gaming rigs Chad.

I watch tv only on the days I want to watch tv live. There's certain shows I always want to watch right away and not wait for a stream to go online. Sometimes there's 3 shows on in 1 night that I want to watch, so I'll watch them live so I'm not still up at midnight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post

I've transcended the non-normie status long, I now play vidya while watching Football.
    Such is the road to wizard-status.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post

I don't know about you, but MY gaming rig includes a large flatscreen TV.

I'm a pc girl through and through and half the time I'm watching netflix on one computer screen, while using the other to actualy play.

However couch gaming has a great deal of appeal, even when you are playing PC games with keyboard and mouse on a lap table, while relaxing on a couch.

its not an either or proposition, you know.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    My disabled children watch TV to pass the time. Whenever I find a show that I like, I usually just buy the series collection and watch it whenever I like, though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I don't watch a lot. I do have a TV at the table. Sometimes I'll flip through channels while I'm eating and stop on whatever looks interesting.

Aside from that, the only two shows I watch regularly are Vikings and Walking Dead. I was a big NCIS fan for a few years but kinda got bored of it later.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    I'm 26, the last time I regularly 'watched' TV was when I was living with my parents 7 years ago, I'd come home from college/work and sit at the dining table eating dinner watching whatever was on, then I would go and play WoW/etc in my bedroom or go out.

Since then in my free time at home I'd play games on my PC and then watch series I downloaded on my laptop or netflix in bed then go to sleep.

I can't stand channel surfing, watching ads, leaving the TV on as background noise and being limited by what's available and the potato resolution they still broadcast (for free) in the UK.

The ironic thing is I work as a sales adviser in the TV department for a massive company so I have to know about all the shitty services available to customers willing to throw away money so they can mindlessly watch all the shit on TV.

I'm much simpler, I find series I like, buy the boxset and watch them whenever I want, and if I can't buy it I'll watch it on netflix or torrent it and buy it when available as I collect CDs/DVDs/Blu-ray etc.
    A quick google search will let you know who still watches TV, and how many of them there are.

Deleted
    It's not elitism, it's an intelligent, cheaper and more convenient way of watching quality programming on any device you want, whenever you want without sifting through a bunch of crap that doesn't interest you and locking you into a rigid schedule.

I HAVE a TV (a Sony Bravia HDR 4k 65 inch), but I don't have a standard TV service package.

It's not elitism, it's an intelligent, cheaper and more convenient way of watching quality programming on any device you want, whenever you want without sifting through a bunch of crap that doesn't interest you and locking you into a rigid schedule.

I HAVE a TV (a Sony Bravia HDR 4k 65 inch), but I don't have a standard TV service package.
    that you need to specify. because the way your post reads is that you are anti TV sets as much as anti TV service packages.

that said. before I got a ps4, I had a dedicated blueray player. I don't have unlimited hardrive space to have everything I may want to watch or rewatch in good quality recording. Netflix etc? changes their selection all the time as their licenses run out. blueray/dvd's? solve that. and since DVD/blueray sales/preorders STILL affect whether something might get a sequel or at least revival of some sort? I'll stick to my nice, physical collection, thank you very much. (and yes, I'm that wierdo that still has a physical book collection)

10+ Year Old Account
    Cable subs have been going lower and lower each quarter. The cost of subscriptions have risen. You can tell there is a slow shift toward internet.

Main reason cable tried to raise prices of the internet with their FCC net neutrality war is because their business model of cable package can't survive without it. Add revenue is lower. There is also probably strings being pulled by large networks that would be forced to die, downsize, or go click-bait and get rekt if everything went a la carte style viewership.

Either way, it will be fun to watch cable die. It's just dumb.

10+ Year Old Account

So tell me, where can I watch cheap, live, CL/EL football in quality without a TV?
    Since you're so intelligent, you should know this.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    right now time warner is the only isp in the u.s. that doesn't cap data. comcast has repeatedly tried to buy them out. i wonder why.......

- - - Updated - - -

until the rights expire and you can't watch it anymore. ohh....
    putlockertv doesnt expire

10+ Year Old Account
    So tell me, where can I watch cheap, live, CL/EL football in quality without a TV?
    Since you're so intelligent, you should know this.
    Thankfully I only really care for baseball that I can watch on my mlb.tv. NFL and euro football needs to catch up.