Thread: Build Problems

Build Problems

So I'm upgrading my computer, got all the parts in, took apart my old rig, installed all the new pieces, plugged it in and pressed the power button for the moment of truth...... then came the beeps. So what I'm hearing is 4 long beeps and a slightly shorter one (or it could be 5 beeps), then it shuts down, starts up and the process starts over again. Now after looking for beep codes on google I can't find this code. The only one that I can find that's close is the repeating beep code (endless loop) which means memory error. Now I just built my wife's computer the night before with the same type motherboard and same type ram and hers started up fine. Is it possible I got a bad package of ram? I swapped the sticks around to see if that would help but still nothing. Getting frustrated and I want to throw the damn thing so I'm gonna head off to bed before I do something stupid. I have a Gigabyte GA-H110M-A motherboard. Please help.

Try posting all parts so we have a better idea of what you are building.

For the moment all I can say is try with just 1 pce of RAM and make sure all cables are connected correctly- and everything is seated where it should be.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe 5 beeps is a CPU error. Check for bent pins. You may have to return the board.

ok I'll check these out tonight or tomorrow and tell you what I find. thanks for the help guys!

It turns out I had a bad stick of ram. Gotta get a hold of newegg. Thanks everyone!