Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    F... i am more hyped then ever this movie seems to be the quintessence of WoW. Cant wait to see the actuall movie.
    Love Blizz love the universe the create and i Hope that the old playerbase will return to the game and make it as epic as its was and deserver to be!

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    + we saw some shots of a funeral in front of the cathedral with the kings crown next to a coffin, little varian, the queen and anduin talking.
    if that's not king llanes funeral, then idk.
    Completely forgot about that scene, but yeah your most likely right. He's as dead as a door knob

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first trailer where I actually think the movie looks good. Not sure if it's because of the sequence or if they've been touching things up.

Quote Originally Posted by arcadius View Post
    IMHO that title has already been claimed by Batman vs Superman.

This was a much better trailer for Warcraft.
    Breaking records and pleasing crowds....thats a cinematic turd huh?
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    This trailer felt like an improvement over the previous ones, which basically looked like a bad Sci-Fi movie from 10 years ago. Glad that they dropped the unfitting music and tried to have a better flow of scenes coming after each other. Not saying the movie will be good, some of my concerns like the humans not blending in with all the CGI still remains. And the movie looks kinda ''Hollywood fied''.

And that poster looks ridiculous, for fuck sake its like some fan stitched it together. Why did they use the space as background??
    As I said in another thread, the posters are a major disappointment for a franchise so rich in lore, art and style.

As a designer, this one makes me cringe hard - they created a composition that leads the eye to the big black hole in the middle. I get what they were trying to do - emphasis the tension between the two factions, but they failed, hard.

And that font style is appropriate for an action car movie, not a fantasy setting.

The posters don't do the movie any justice at all. And the real shame is, someone was paid to make them - and movie posters aren't cheap.

10+ Year Old Account
    This actually brought my hopes up a little. 6/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trailer seemed a bit better than others so I'm pleased, but that poster.... fucking hell. The composition is bad.

So the movie is a combination Warcraft 1-3, but not following the lore very closely? Figured it would just be Warcraft 1, but if they are talking about orcs and humans working together then that sounds working together against the Burning Legion, i.e. Warcraft 3. Except Thrall is just a baby in the movie, so, if that's the case, they aren't following Warcraft lore very closely.

Oh well, looks decent at any rate.

They aren't even looking each other in the eye in the poster?

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    + we saw some shots of a funeral in front of the cathedral with the kings crown next to a coffin, little varian, the queen and anduin talking.
    if that's not king llanes funeral, then idk.
    Not saying the king won't die, just saying that Garona may not kill him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    So the movie is a combination Warcraft 1-3, but not following the lore very closely? Figured it would just be Warcraft 1, but if they are talking about orcs and humans working together then that sounds working together against the Burning Legion, i.e. Warcraft 3. Except Thrall is just a baby in the movie, so, if that's the case, they aren't following Warcraft lore very closely.
    No, just based on the original Warcraft, but they're bringing Durotan and Orgrim to the forefront. So while the First War is going on, it's going to show the conflict within the Horde, which ultimately leads to Durotan's exile/death and Orgrim killing Blackhand to become the new Warchief.

As part of that, they're introducing some new stuff where Lothar is going to work together with Durotan and Garona. I'm guessing it'll still follow the general plot as we know it, but they'll basically weave Durotan's backstory into the plot and have him take part in some key events. And it'll probably end with the Frostwolf orcs traveling North in exile, as a parallel with the refugees of Stormwind fleeing to Lordaeron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Not saying the king won't die, just saying that Garona may not kill him.
    I think she'll definitely kill him. She's been shown with the dagger in the trailer, and it's the same dagger sticking out of the neck of a dead body in the trailer, which seems to be wearing Llane's armor.

I just hope that AT LEAST, the Burning Legion does exist and is the reason for the invasion and that the horde actually wins in the movie(just like in wc1). Then they can make second movie called "The Empire Strikes Back".... I mean "The Alliance Strikes Back", and after that "The return of the Horde" with Thrall and all the stuff most people know from WC3 =p

Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    This actually brought my hopes up a little. 6/10.
    Same here but I got a good laugh in the theater this weekend watching BvsS and the Warcraft trailer was shown. Some per teen said, what's wrong with the hulk? We could here someone trying to tell him what it was.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you haven't downloaded the lossless version, by all means check it out. Youtube compression artifacts absolutely ruin the finer details. Draka, Durotan, and Orgrim are all looking remarkable now. I get the feelings that those are the VFX that are the furthest along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Same here but I got a good laugh in the theater this weekend watching BvsS and the Warcraft trailer was shown. Some per teen said, what's wrong with the hulk? We could here someone trying to tell him what it was.
    LOL It will be interesting to see what this does for the subscriber base after it releases. I'm sure a whole new generation getting their eyes on it will be a pretty big deal for blizzard, if it doesn't bomb that is.

15+ Year Old Account
    love the new trailer i like how it says the beginning at the end makes me think this is just the start of something big

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Possessed View Post
    LOL It will be interesting to see what this does for the subscriber base after it releases. I'm sure a whole new generation getting their eyes on it will be a pretty big deal for blizzard, if it doesn't bomb that is.
    Well, there's WoW, but there's also Hearthstone, which I think is a potentially even more lucrative market for them to tap into. There are already millions of Hearthstone players (many of whom have never played other Warcraft games) who might be interested in the movie. And if people like the movie, Hearthstone is an extremely accessible game for casual players, given that it's F2P and available on Android and iOS in addition to PC and Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    love the new trailer i like how it says the beginning at the end makes me think this is just the start of something big
    It's being released as Warcraft: The Beginning in international markets. Which bodes pretty well for its chances of getting a sequel.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    they keep pouring money and resources to promoting this movie...

is going to suck like deadpool and batman vs superman for the same reasons
    At least try a little harder to bait Kappa.

New trailer looks great, I look forward to this more and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    well if this is the beginning we might see the start of the arthas arc in the 3rd movie and a glips of him as teenager in the second.
    If they keep the timeline . cant wait for it XD

I don't like the new subtitle "Warcraft: The Beginning".

Just call it Warcraft. Or Warcraft: The Last Guardian, because that's what the movie is based on.