Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd rather they up the limit per realm first
    sure, we have enough slots for one of each class on a realm. what about a bank character though? considering a huge amount of players have at least one character solely devoted to running between bank, mailbox and auction house
    has to be even worse for those who play Horde and Alliance on the same realm (assuming there actually are any realms with a population balanced enough to make that feasible)

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    People have different ways they like to play. You're probably a fan of the loot treadmill. You get to vendor all of that gear you worked so hard for, but I'm sure you had fun getting that gear, so I won't judge you.
    What is that even supposed to mean?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richiebcfc25 View Post
    Time to remove the 50 max toons per account restriction?

Is it time that blizz removed this restriction seeing how they are adding another class?

I have 46 toons on my account and i know with DH it will prolly go to 49

Yeah i know i have serious OCD when it comes to leveling but why should i have to have this artificial cap? It makes no sense?
    Oh look, Yet another moron on this forum who has zero idea what they're talking about. Suggestion: Go learn what OCD actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I say keep it because if you have over 50 you need serious help.
    Why i`m in over 40 some are just holding names on connected realms others are creaded back in the years etc etc.Having 50 toons do not mean that you play with all of them(thats not possible) but i love my old toons and i do not want to delete them even that they sit in dust from years

I would rather they increase the amount of toons you can have on one server rather than the amount of overall toons you can have. From what I have read, in legion you will be able to have 12 toons per server instead of 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    That's not a rumour, blizzard confirmed it on Twitter the other week. You collect the sprinkles to use in cooking.
    They also confirmed that WoD would never have flying and you see how well that worked out.

As for the topic, id rather see the number per server increased but I can see why some would want the overall # increased.

Quote Originally Posted by XamFTW View Post
    What is that even supposed to mean?
    That I find gear progression to be ephemeral. You work so hard to get that one drop, and then next tier or expansion you get to see how much gold the goblin NPC will give you for it. I used to do the whole loot treadmill thing, and it was fun for a while, but it got old for me. I prefer to invest my time in achieving things with permanence. Next tier or expansion, I'll get more use out of my characters, mounts, pets, professions, mogs, and extra raid lockouts than other people will get out of that BiS trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    That I find gear progression to be ephemeral. You work so hard to get that one drop, and then next tier or expansion you get to see how much gold the goblin NPC will give you for it. I used to do the whole loot treadmill thing, and it was fun for a while, but it got old for me. I prefer to invest my time in achieving things with permanence. Next tier or expansion, I'll get more use out of my characters, mounts, pets, professions, and extra raid lockouts than other people will get out of that BiS trinket.
    I have barely done PvE content the last two expansions, only raided MSV in MoP, and Highmaul in WoD. I don't find it satisfying at all to do the same content over and over to get gear for the so called "character progression". I enjoy pvp, questing, exploring, lvling, a lot more than mindlessly doing the same thing every week just to get loot, that as you said, will be replaced sooner or later. That part of wow died for me a while ago.

I still don't see how anyone could need more than 50 characters, back in cata i played up to 6 characters at a time every week, and there was just not enough time in the day to keep up with all of them. Now imagine doing that with 50 or more characters, it's simply not possible.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2016-03-28 at 04:53 PM.

Yes, remove the 50 restriction or at the very least remove the cap per server and just let you distribute the hardcap however you wish.

- - - Updated - - -

I have barely done PvE content the last two expansions, only raided MSV in MoP, and Highmaul in WoD. I don't find it satisfying at all to do the same content over and over to get gear for the so called "character progression". I enjoy pvp, questing, exploring, lvling, a lot more than mindlessly doing the same thing every week just to get loot, that as you said, will be replaced sooner or later. That part of wow died for me a while ago.

I still don't see how anyone could need more than 50 characters, back in cata i played up to 6 characters at a time every week, and there was just not enough time in the day to keep up with all of them. Now imagine doing that with 50 or more characters, it's simply not possible.
    Some people would rather not delete high level characters just to make room for new ones.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Its probably a coding issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthh View Post
    20 would not work, since there are 12 classes, to have one of everything, you would need 24 characters. 12 classes, two factions. I think the 50 number works fine.
    Nah
    2 factions
    7 races in each faction
    2 genders each race
    approx 8 classes each race

That would make the full collection, assuming fully costumizable characters of each race at barber shop.
    Welcome to cap 250!

I'm sure there is a reason to limit the number of characters per account. I'm also sure that they could increase it even if it's something we have to pay apart or as an special option merging accounts.

Anyway, the real question here is why the hell we still have a limit in the number of characters that we can have in the same server in a world that has something like connected realms. If 50 characters is the max we can have, then we should be able to distribute them as we please, be it 50 in the same server or one per server.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

You definitely have to budget your time accordingly, and it's to be expected that some days you're not going to get around to logging into all of them.

Unless it's raid lockout reset day, I typically spend about ~2-3 minutes per character. In MoP it was the farms, garrisons in WoD, add in profession cooldowns. Then I'll usually farm BoT trash until I hit 10 instance resets, and find something else to do either in game or IRL for the next 50 minutes, rinse and repeat. It works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have 100 level 100 characters now (2 accounts), all at ilvl 700+, and I dual box frequently. Its not that hard to get 100 level 100 characters by now.

Takes 2-3 hours to go from 90 to 100.
    You're not even trying any more

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I have 100 level 100 characters now (2 accounts), all at ilvl 700+, and I dual box frequently. Its not that hard to get 100 level 100 characters by now.
    Takes 2-3 hours to go from 90 to 100.
    I think you need some professional help.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Why should you have to have it... realistically people generally don't play on more then 1-2 servers independently tops. It's not profitable, you can't xfer things between the 2 etc. So primarly a single server is it, so 1 of every class and then at what point would you need more? I mean i understand having a alt guild bank. But even then, after you've gold capped an account, there's nothing to save for. Realistically, without question there is no need to have that many characters. You need to seek counseling if you do. There is playing a game for fun, as a hobbie, or because your friends do. The there is addiction. What you have is addiction. And not in a good way.

dont care much about the 50 max toons. number of toons per server on the other hand should be more

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    So a small handful of people can make it an even more impossible process of getting non alt character names that I want? No thank you.
    You won't notice a difference, if you want to reserve names, you don't do it on your main-account. Personally I have 3 veteran/f2p accounts that I use just to reserve nice names in-case I move server or if a friend wants a nice name for their alt.

OT: we need more slots per realm. Since you can have 50 chars on the same connected realms already, what difference would it make to let us create them all on the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Ev3rM0r3 View Post
    Why should you have to have it... realistically people generally don't play on more then 1-2 servers independently tops. It's not profitable, you can't xfer things between the 2 etc. So primarly a single server is it, so 1 of every class and then at what point would you need more? I mean i understand having a alt guild bank. But even then, after you've gold capped an account, there's nothing to save for. Realistically, without question there is no need to have that many characters. You need to seek counseling if you do. There is playing a game for fun, as a hobbie, or because your friends do. The there is addiction. What you have is addiction. And not in a good way.
    Or maybe they just enjoy playing alts of the same class?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

In the time of Cross Realm and shit why do people spread their toons on different realms?

Nah, 50 is more than enough.