Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why are "White Nationalists" so totalitarian?

So I was giving myself a headache arguing with these crazy internet "white nationalists" and of course they said the usual nonsense about jews and miscegenation and then I realized something, for people who like to hide behind freedom of speech, a lot of these people openly oppose libertarian mindsets and show very ulta totalitarian (bordering if not going directly into fascist viewpoints).

So, why do you think these people are so totalitarian?

High levels of nationalism pretty much always trend in that direction. It's hard to believe in the primacy of the state without also believing that state should have a lot of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    High levels of nationalism pretty much always trend in that direction. It's hard to believe in the primacy of the state without also believing that state should have a lot of power.
    So are all overly nationalistic nations in your opinion at risk to usurping certain forms of freedom of speech and expression in it's citizens?

Deleted

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are black extremists so totalitarian. Or asian or... you get the point

Funny how racism is on the right when people who claim to be leftist often feminist aswell are highly racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    If they weren't totalitarian nationalists you would call them patriots.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Interesting. I myself am a environmentalist libertarian.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Funny how racism is on the right when people who claim to be leftist often feminist aswell are highly racist.
    I'm sorry, but what does feminism have to do with ethnocentrism?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Yeah I was using White Nationalists as an example, because I've argued with a lot of them as of late. Black Nationalists tend to stay within their own sphere on the internet until they get leverage.

So feminism is only "fuck guys, women should rule the world!"?
    Aren't there degrees of that? I know a lot of women that call themselves feminists only because they think that women aren't equally treated, they're not declaring war on men.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    So feminism is only "fuck guys, women should rule the world!"?
    Aren't there degrees of that? I know a lot of women that call themselves feminists only because they think that women aren't equally treated, they're not declaring war on men.
    There's a lot of fascists who only wanted the trains to run on time

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Fascism has no right or left leanings. It favors forcing someone to accept your political standards and not express your disapproval publicly. It is alive and well within any leanings, left, center or right. Ether political stance which is ether can accept having a dictator if he/she push the agenda wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would a liberal white nationalist view the world? "I am convinced my race is the best race and our country should only be for us and nobody else. But it's cool, we shouldn't have the government interfere with immigration and equal chance for all "races"."

Doesn't work, does it? The idea of white nationalism comes with a very specific set of rules which MUST be enforced for it to be considered white nationalism. So at least onn that account it's got to be authoritarian. It is thinkable however, that there's white nationalists out there that have very liberal views on stuff except for that, but I guess those would be pretty rare. We'd have to ask some white nationalists, but those aren't circles I make it a habit to hang out in.

Maybe because white nationalism or racial nationalism is an idiotic ideology that flies in the face of human history. Caucasian peoples of Europe and Asia have massacred and enslaved one another since the dawn of civilization. The same can be said for Asian peoples of Asia, the Meso-Americans of North/South America and the black people in Africa. Humans have historically divided along national and/or tribal identity, not simply racial. There has never been a unified racial identity of any people ever that I know of.

Nationalism based on shared values is great, but racial nationalism is a silly idea that makes no sense. I know plenty of garbage white people in my country and a good number of non-white people who are great citizens. I'm supposed to feel a kinship to the white morons because they're my race? lol please. Keep in mind many of these racial nationalist types are very low IQ and have no real accomplishments of their own. They'll say things like "white people accomplished _______" to prove their superiority even though they themselves have done nothing of note.
    Last edited by dd614; 2016-03-28 at 12:26 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because mocha Jesus did far worse, The Left operates on coercion. 350,000,000 worldwide KILLED by your ideologues.

I use the word "Liberal" loosely. They suffer from an identity crisis, or perhaps they knew all along what they are, Fascist-Marxists. . A classical Liberal, Such as Thomas Jefferson, is fine. These nowdays hijacked the term,... called themselves progressives... Hippies, Democrats, Renaissance thinkers... Communists..

I found a great little piece of writing that sums things up nicely. Figured I'd share.

http://sufficient-reason.tumblr.com/...-im-so-hostile

Now before I waste too much of your time, let’s establish who I’m talking to. If you believe that we live in an evil, imperialist nation from its founding, and you believe that it should be "fundamentally transformed”, lend me your ears. If you believe that the free market is the source of the vast majority of society’s ills and wish to have more government intervention into it, I’m talking to you. If you believe that health care is a basic human right and that government should provide it to everyone, you’re the guy I’m screaming at. If you think minorities cannot possibly survive in this inherently racist country without handouts and government mandated diversity quotas, you’re my guy. If you believe that rich people are that way because they’ve exploited their workers and acquired wealth on the backs of the poor, keep reading. Pretty much, if you trust government more than your fellow American, this post is for you.
    ...one thing is for certain: my political philosophy will NEVER be a threat to your freedom. If you feel a burning responsibility to the poor, conservatism will never prevent you from working 80 hours per week and donating all of your income to charity. If you feel a strong sense of pity for a family who cannot afford health insurance, my political philosophy will never prevent you from purchasing health insurance for this family or raising money to do so, if you cannot afford it, personally. If you are moved with compassion for a family who is homeless, a conservative will never use the police power of government to prevent you from taking that family in to your own home or mobilizing your community to build one for them.
    However, you cannot say the same for liberalism. If I choose not to give to the poor for whatever reason, you won’t simply try to persuade me on the merits of the idea – you will seek to use the government as an instrument of plunder to force me to give to the poor. If we are walking down the street together and we spot a homeless person, using this logic, you would not simply be content with giving him $20 from your own pocket – you would hold a gun to my head and force me to give him $20, as well.

Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle.

Servitude can exist in a free society, but freedom cannot exist in a slave nation. In a free country, you have the liberty to join with others of your political ilk and realize whatever collectivist ideals you can dream up. You can start your own little commune where the sign at the front gate says, "From each according to his ability; to each according to his need”, and everyone can work for the mutual benefit of everyone else. In my society, you have the freedom to do that.

In your society, I don’t have the same freedom. If your collectivism offends me, I am not free to start my own free society within its borders. In order for collectivism to work, everyone must be on board, even those who oppose it – why do you think there was a Berlin Wall?

In conclusion, just know that the harder you push to enact your agenda, the more hostile I will become – the harder I will fight you. It’s nothing personal, necessarily. If you want to become a slave to an all-powerful central government, be my guest. But if you are planning to take me and my family down with you, as we say down here in the South, we say here in real America, I will stomp a mud-hole in your chest and walk it dry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dsc View Post
    Because mocha Jesus did far worse, The Left operates on coercion. 350,000,000 worldwide KILLED by your ideologues.

I use the word "Liberal" loosely. They suffer from an identity crisis, or perhaps they knew all along what they are, Fascist-Marxists. . A classical Liberal, Such as Thomas Jefferson, is fine. These nowdays hijacked the term,... called themselves progressives... Hippies, Democrats, Renaissance thinkers... Communists..

I found a great little piece of writing that sums things up nicely. Figured I'd share.

http://sufficient-reason.tumblr.com/...-im-so-hostile

Now before I waste too much of your time, let’s establish who I’m talking to. If you believe that we live in an evil, imperialist nation from its founding, and you believe that it should be "fundamentally transformed”, lend me your ears. If you believe that the free market is the source of the vast majority of society’s ills and wish to have more government intervention into it, I’m talking to you. If you believe that health care is a basic human right and that government should provide it to everyone, you’re the guy I’m screaming at. If you think minorities cannot possibly survive in this inherently racist country without handouts and government mandated diversity quotas, you’re my guy. If you believe that rich people are that way because they’ve exploited their workers and acquired wealth on the backs of the poor, keep reading. Pretty much, if you trust government more than your fellow American, this post is for you.
    ...one thing is for certain: my political philosophy will NEVER be a threat to your freedom. If you feel a burning responsibility to the poor, conservatism will never prevent you from working 80 hours per week and donating all of your income to charity. If you feel a strong sense of pity for a family who cannot afford health insurance, my political philosophy will never prevent you from purchasing health insurance for this family or raising money to do so, if you cannot afford it, personally. If you are moved with compassion for a family who is homeless, a conservative will never use the police power of government to prevent you from taking that family in to your own home or mobilizing your community to build one for them.
    However, you cannot say the same for liberalism. If I choose not to give to the poor for whatever reason, you won’t simply try to persuade me on the merits of the idea – you will seek to use the government as an instrument of plunder to force me to give to the poor. If we are walking down the street together and we spot a homeless person, using this logic, you would not simply be content with giving him $20 from your own pocket – you would hold a gun to my head and force me to give him $20, as well.

Everything that modern liberalism accomplishes is accomplished at the barrel of a government rifle.

Servitude can exist in a free society, but freedom cannot exist in a slave nation. In a free country, you have the liberty to join with others of your political ilk and realize whatever collectivist ideals you can dream up. You can start your own little commune where the sign at the front gate says, "From each according to his ability; to each according to his need”, and everyone can work for the mutual benefit of everyone else. In my society, you have the freedom to do that.

In your society, I don’t have the same freedom. If your collectivism offends me, I am not free to start my own free society within its borders. In order for collectivism to work, everyone must be on board, even those who oppose it – why do you think there was a Berlin Wall?

In conclusion, just know that the harder you push to enact your agenda, the more hostile I will become – the harder I will fight you. It’s nothing personal, necessarily. If you want to become a slave to an all-powerful central government, be my guest. But if you are planning to take me and my family down with you, as we say down here in the South, we say here in real America, I will stomp a mud-hole in your chest and walk it dry.
    1. Not a Liberal, Libertarian Transhumanist 2. Are you a white nationalist? 3. What does this have to do with white nationalists and their totalitarian and neo-fascist viewpoints!?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    There's a lot of fascists who only wanted the trains to run on time
    Musolini, a misunderstood visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    1. Not a Liberal, Libertarian Transhumanist 2. Are you a white nationalist? 3. What does this have to do with white nationalists and their totalitarian and neo-fascist viewpoints!?
    I'm thinking it has much more to do with the false painting of fascism as a right wing ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    I'm thinking it has much more to do with the false painting of fascism as a right wing ideology.
    Well I harbor no hate towards conservatives, I strongly dislike the far right as I do the far left, but if you want to be more capitalistic and a little set in holding on to an older or more traditional way of life, I have no issue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Black extremists? What constitutes black extremism? There is nothing wrong with advocating for black unity and self-determination.

The alt-right is a backlash to the growing power of the left in American and Europe. They support anything that fits their agenda, including totalitarianism.