Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Random BGs and Healers

Hey.

Not much of a PvPer I'll admit, but now I don't have the free time to raid on a schedule I figured I could mess around a bit with PvP. The last time I did a BG however it was pretty much "whoever has the most healers wins". Is this still the case? Or can you go on a rampage without a pocket healer required?

On the flip side of things, what are healers like to play in random BGs? Not decided what alt I'm gonna use so figured I'll ask both sides of the story.

The last time I did a BG however it was pretty much "whoever has the most healers wins". Is this still the case?
    Yes, pretty much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healers are still the key point in winning unless you have a group full of completely overpowered dps and/or smart players. Although several healers to your one is a really bad sign.

With healers having 710 and being able to instant cast unless like f**king nothing but you can stun the hell out of a healer good luck killing.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You need co-ordination to bring down healers in random BGs because they're pretty much broken outside of rated PvP. You don't have the co-ordination required to take them down with randoms. Due to the temporary bandaid solution of "dampening" it's pretty much caused healers to be overpowered in things like random BGs / World PvP where it's simply impossible to kill even a bad disc priest unless there's 3 of you on him. Basically outside of Rated PvP they're gods. Before they were balanced around dampening, you could solo bad healers. It's just a crappy fix that's just half-assed.
    Last edited by Krusza; 2016-04-22 at 02:05 AM.

Sort of depends on the bracket and who the healers are. If you are in a 10-19 WSG and you have 5 healers, say 2 monks, 2 paladins, and 1 druid all at level 10, while the other side has 1 disc priest.... well, they have the much better healing. And you will get trucked. Flip that around to level 50-59 and you'll be the side fucking them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Sort of depends on the bracket and who the healers are. If you are in a 10-19 WSG and you have 5 healers, say 2 monks, 2 paladins, and 1 druid all at level 10, while the other side has 1 disc priest.... well, they have the much better healing. And you will get trucked. Flip that around to level 50-59 and you'll be the side fucking them.
    Was only really considering level 100 PvP lol.

Deleted
    The problem with healers is, that they are efficient without coordination in random BGs. A healer can be a one man show and he just heals whoever is low, an he helps his team A LOT.

Now if we look at the other side, the DPS who needs to take the healer down... well, he can't do it without coordination. And if there's a second healer around, the required level of coordination greatly exceeds what you can expect from a random group.

So it's unfair right from the start:
    - healer is efficient with no coordination
    - dps who wanna take down a healer are only efficient with coordination

Why is that? HPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DPS.

Healing is overpowered, even in 3v3 arena, or why else do we have dampening?!`

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    You need co-ordination to bring down healers in random BGs because they're pretty much broken outside of rated PvP. You don't have the co-ordination required to take them down with randoms. Due to the temporary bandaid solution of "dampening" it's pretty much caused healers to be overpowered in things like random BGs / World PvP where it's simply impossible to kill even a bad disc priest unless there's 3 of you on him. Basically outside of Rated PvP they're gods. Before they were balanced around dampening, you could solo bad healers. It's just a crappy fix that's just half-assed.
    lol... didn't read your post before writing my answer, but I basically said exactly what you already said in this thread
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2016-04-22 at 04:51 PM.

In random BGs, healers cross-healing each other have never felt more OP, at least not for me and I have been playing since TBC. If you also happen to have a couple of dps that can burst/peel as their bodyguards you might as well log off and go outside the house for a walk or something

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    The problem with healers is, that they are efficient without coordination in random BGs. A healer can be a one man show and he just heals whoever is low, an he helps his team A LOT.

Now if we look at the other side, the DPS who needs to take the healer down... well, he can't do it without coordination. And if there's a second healer around, the required level of coordination greatly exceeds what you can expect from a random group.

So it's unfair right from the start:
    - healer is efficient with no coordination
    - dps who wanna take down a healer are only efficient with coordination

Why is that? HPS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DPS.

Healing is overpowered, even in 3v3 arena, or why else do we have dampening?!`

lol... didn't read your post before writing my answer, but I basically said exactly what you already said in this thread
    Yep, it's all it is really. The fact that arenas are balanced around dampening has made non-rated PvP pretty shit if you don't have healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Merixa View Post
    Hey.

Not much of a PvPer I'll admit, but now I don't have the free time to raid on a schedule I figured I could mess around a bit with PvP. The last time I did a BG however it was pretty much "whoever has the most healers wins". Is this still the case? Or can you go on a rampage without a pocket healer required?

On the flip side of things, what are healers like to play in random BGs? Not decided what alt I'm gonna use so figured I'll ask both sides of the story.
    randoms usually falls to who has the best gear, the most op classes- not healers.

simple rule of thumb

a good dps has more impact then a good healer
    a bad healer has more impact then a bad dps
    random bgs are filled with bad dps.

Healers are best looked at a force multiplier, a good dps with a bad heal bot is a nightmare in a pug a situation, while a good healer with a bad dps often leads to a frustrated healer and not much else.

People always exaggerate the impact of healers in random bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    randoms usually falls to who has the best gear, the most op classes- not healers.

simple rule of thumb

a good dps has more impact then a good healer
    a bad healer has more impact then a bad dps
    random bgs are filled with bad dps.

Healers are best looked at a force multiplier, a good dps with a bad heal bot is a nightmare in a pug a situation, while a good healer with a bad dps often leads to a frustrated healer and not much else.
    In a random BG i would still disagree.

1 for 1 is still in favor of the healer - its only when 2 equally skilled dps gang up on the healer is when it becomes an issue. I guess this is specific to me at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post

1 for 1 is still in favor of the healer - its only when 2 equally skilled dps gang up on the healer is when it becomes an issue. I guess this is specific to me at least.
    Yeah, and it isn't even remotely close.

Quote Originally Posted by xhisors View Post

just because the healer may not fall over instantly doesn't mean its in the healers favor, the healer can delay at best- outside of unique situations like a lock vs rdruid with los or reflect shield glyph pre nerf, but those are too specific to classify it as healers as a whole.

its never been easier for dps to mongo a healer to death without landing an interrupt, even in rated play (cough* ww/dk) let alone the cluster fk that is random bgs.

again a bigger factor is gear, even the lesser leap this season of 10ilvls its still significant difference.
    Last edited by Stormspellz; 2016-04-23 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    in randoms healers decide witch side wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    in randoms healers decide witch side wins.
    In randoms, damage dealers protecting their healers better decide which side wins.

Playing solo as a healer, I lose a lot because vast majority of damage dealers don't give a shit about objectives. However just playing with one friend, we carry a ton of games to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    In randoms, damage dealers protecting their healers better decide which side wins.

Playing solo as a healer, I lose a lot because vast majority of damage dealers don't give a shit about objectives. However just playing with one friend, we carry a ton of games to victory.
    It really is amazing how 2 good people working together in some of the objectives can change an outcome of the battleground in randoms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I freaken love healing rando bg's - Like stated above, I'm a one man show a lot of the bg's and it feels awesomeeee

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    In random BGs, healers cross-healing each other have never felt more OP, at least not for me and I have been playing since TBC. If you also happen to have a couple of dps that can burst/peel as their bodyguards you might as well log off and go outside the house for a walk or something
    I lol at this

Which healers are the best in random BGs?