Thread: [TV] Bosch

[TV] Bosch

Anyone else think this is really well written? I do.

On episode 5 atm,

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Anyone else think this is really well written? I do.

On episode 5 atm,
    One of the best shows out there, I can't wait for season 3.

Bosch has officially been picked up for a 3rd season.

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Bosch has officially been picked up for a 3rd season.
    that's good news, I'm also quite glad for the actor, isn't this his first leading role in a TV series? He does it so well too - sometimes I think holywood ..well American tv goes too much for certain looks over talent, and if you don't fit that profile physically, you tend not to get lead roles - not so with british tv - where all the cast aren't hot modles, or older/once hot actors with reputation.

I'm not sure if its his first lead, but I think he's a really good actor. I just checked his IMDB and see he was in Suits, I had forgotten he was in The Last Ship, he also had roles in the movie Argo, and was in Sons of Anarchy, which seems like a good reason for me to finally watch that series.

I'm not sure if its his first lead, but I think he's a really good actor. I just checked his IMDB and see he was in Suits, I had forgotten he was in The Last Ship, he also had roles in the movie Argo, and was in Sons of Anarchy, which seems like a good reason for me to finally watch that series.
    yeah, he was in AoS earlier this week, and probably going to be part of it for this latest storyline that leads to the new movie, not sure he is going to be in the movie, I doubt it though, I don't think you can be ina movie and do both a lead role of a TV show and a host of guest appearnces/recurring characters

It's a good show, though the main character is a bit cliché.

Really enjoy this show, hopefully we won't have to wait 2 years again for the next season.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

just finished season 1, it's really good, quite a nice twist at the end, he still loses (suspended) from his job - afterall those victories, the politics interplay is quite good also and the scripting too, comes jsut after the argument he has that ends in "us and them," and then the classic confrontation with the one who's had it in for me.

but to cap it all off the guy who committed a murder kills himself. I usually am in agreement with Bosch at least on sentiment and often principle too, but Stokes was 14 when he committed the murder, a kid himself, Bosch's anger i can understand but he's been written to show a lot more control under pressure and to be quite fair - love the expression the actor uses, and the tone of voice, so believable and actually really good for the role. Still though, to want to get Stokes because he's an adult now? on principle the law is not messed up for letting Stokes go, - I understand the feeling that he needs to pay - but it seems more vengeance than justice from a law context anyway.

.. what are your thoughts?

- - - Updated - - -

Bosch a victim of abuse himself, reacts very differently to the psychotic killers he chases who have a similar history of abuse -- guess he fed the right dog.

Being abused is not an excuse for crime - I supppose Bosch is one of those few if not the only show that shows that angle, usually the holywood shows are full of abuse history of the perps, but never really show a Bosch like situation do they - someone who's also been abused but makes right choices.
    Last edited by Mace; 2016-04-04 at 10:18 AM.

I know the series has been around a couple of years, but I don't think its caught on with a lot of people yet. its probably best to use spoiler tags just in case. Especially since the topic doesn't say [SPOILERS].

I know the series has been around a couple of years, but I don't think its caught on with a lot of people yet. its probably best to use spoiler tags just in case. Especially since the topic doesn't say [SPOILERS].
    fair point , added some tags