Page 35 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    the thing is, this was an over the shoulder shot, not a butt shot. she has a butt and it happens to be there. thats all. its not a pose where she's highlighting her butt

that being said, goddamn are so many of you so toxic with this imaginary "SJW" stuff you keep spouting against.

The whole "BLIZZARD PANDERING" thing here is especially hilarious because Overwatch from pretty much the word go has been pushing a progressive character design model hard.

Deleted
    Well if they changed this I suggest they should just work their way through the entire game and remove anything that might be offensive. Because if you bend over once for the SJW you might as well stay bent. *Sarcasm*Why not switch to other games, I also do not want my son to think he needs to be muscular #GiveIllidanAShirt *Sarcasm ends*. This is getting ridiculous and I know I shouldn't care but I just do not want the PC crowed to start fussing about every little thing by letting them win.

Quote Originally Posted by 7empest View Post
    Please make the men less muscular too, I feel uncomfortable
    McCree's mustache obviously has to go!

My newborn son is already trying to grow a beard and care much, much less for his hair. On top of that, he has a sudden interest in guns.

Remove Mcree's mustache and replace his gun with a foam sword please, thank you Jeff Kaplan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Blah? They didn't see the issue until apparently someone who felt strongly about it pointed it out. Shockingly, people can change their minds, even those with "creative vision". The amount of bullshit, crybaby outrage, asinine hyperbole and conspiracy phantasizing about the whole thing is absolutely ridiculous. You people should really grow up.

Boo-hoo, Blizzard panders to SJWs and has a problem with sexiness ... such nonsense. It's not even that they're changing the design of the character. They're changing one fuckin' pose, for Christ's sake. It's just something that originally happened to be the way it was and nobody spent nights thinking about it, because people have stuff to do. You seem to think that every pixel that gets done for such a large project has to get a pass from a high council comitee. Surprisingly, it's a fast-moving environment, shit needs to get done!

Then someone cried about the pose and what that did is that Blizzard took a closer look, and apparently simply figured: oh, well, that one is perhaps a bit too much, we should adjust that. It was most probably just a simple "well now that you said it" kind of thing. That's just common sense and moving along in a working environment, where people don't obsess over sociopolitical conspiracy bullshit like all you upset crybabies and your "SJW" counterparts.
    It wasn't even brought to their attention.

They already knew.

SOmeone was like "I don't think this pose works" whilke they were walking on the way to the trash bin to throw it out.

And this caused a ruckus because obviously it had t be because of Trigger happy nuns taking away the Holy Ass Shot. No other conceivable reason exists-ass is being removed it's the SJW's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Its not really the whole tights thing that's at issue though. You can have a character in tights who isn't being presented sexually. Lots of Tracer art has her in action shots showing lots of leg, and that's fine. She's a fast moving and athletic character.
    See I guess I am just confused because I am having a hard time seeing it presented sexually at all. To me it looks like they were trying to go for the cool over the shoulder shot type thing, but it just comes off as weird looking which is why I can see them replacing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Understanding aesthetical consistency makes one sex-negative puritan.

Just as sharp outside the Gamergate thread as you are in it.
    Just as much as you seem to comprehend the thematic consistency of a character that is portrayed as cheeky and playful.

Quote Originally Posted by Megitsune View Post
    See I guess I am just confused because I am having a hard time seeing it presented sexually at all. To me it looks like they were trying to go for the cool over the shoulder shot type thing, but it just comes off as weird looking which is why I can see them replacing it.
    Compare to the Widowmaker shot linked earlier. Its almost exactly the same pose. Given the stark difference between the characters that should serve to highlight the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Just as much as you seem to comprehend the thematic consistency of a character that is portrayed as cheeky and playful.
    Yeah, cheeky and playful in a borderline child-like way. Really just reinforces the point.

Which is why it was a basic Bland anime schoolgirl pose. Yeah,okay.

There is no life in that pose-there is nothing there that speaks to the character. Tracer is very animated and they were pretty on the money when they said it was "uncreative"

That looked like it could be home on a fashion Magazine Ad for how bland it was.

What Tracer needs is something like what the Ginyu Force does.

Yup, I've got no problem with them having sexual characters. It just needs to be a serious part of their design and not "oh look this is an attractive female, let's have an ass shot".
    Again, what about D.Va? Is she a sexual character? Why is one of her poses her draped over her mech lying on her back with her breasts being the most prominent feature on her in a skin tight suit? Why is that not considered "not in character" for her?

Furthermore, why do the poses have to fit their "designed character"? Symmetra has a "Dance" pose which doesn't really have much to do with a teleporter lady who does supports and just happens to be from India. McCree has a "contemplative" pose where he's holding his hat over his chest and looking thoughtful - not really in character for him, either. The examples go on and on. If this is purely an argument over "what's appropriate for that character," why do all these other "OOC" poses get ignored?

What about all those OOC skins, too, man? That emo/punk Tracer is totally not the bubbly, playful young woman we know.
    Last edited by eschatological; 2016-03-29 at 07:52 AM.

Deleted
    please just come back to WoW, Jeff...

Yeah, cheeky and playful in a borderline child-like way. Really just reinforces the point.
    Yes, borderline child-like like this official statue of Tracer playfully looking back with her back contorted so as to accentuate her ass as much as possible at the same time.

But it ain't no issue. They were already internally discussing replacing that statue with another one that fits her child-like "big sis" personality better.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Gotta love these sex-negative puritans. Even when it's not actually sexualized.

I wonder if they yet understand they've become the laughing stock that the "think of the children" conservatives they so malign once were.
    They are 2 sides of the same coin both are authoritarians who think they know what is right for others. Perfect example of the horseshoe theory at its finest.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Which is why it was a basic Bland anime schoolgirl pose. Yeah,okay.

There is no life in that pose-there is nothing there that speaks to the character. Tracer is very animated and they were pretty on the money when they said it was "uncreative"

That looked like it could be home on a fashion Magazine Ad for how bland it was.

What Tracer needs is something like what the Ginyu Force does.
    I'm not saying there aren't potential better options. There always are. You can keep improving on anything and make it more thematically viable. So yes, there are more poses that could fit her better.

That, however, doesn't mean that this pose didn't fit her like so many are claiming.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    But but real women have curves!!!
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

7+ Year Old Account
    I can't say I'm surprised that tumblr: the game has become more like tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Again, what about D.Va? Is she a sexual character? Why is one of her poses her draped over her mech lying on her back with her breasts being the most prominent feature on her in a skin tight suit? Why is that not considered "not in character" for her?
    For my part I think D.va has some weirdness about her character. Her age is kind of difficult to visually establish and they go back and forth between the boobs and the childish stuff a bit too much I think. So if they came out and said "we're going to emphasize some sexuality" or "we're going to emphasize the young gamer" thing I'd be on board. Either direction I think would be an improvement.

Unless they've specifically said "yup no changes for D.Va" pointing out inconsistencies isn't a good defense of keeping this Tracer pose in place. Its a beta.

Furthermore, why do the poses have to fit their character.
    I'm not sure why you're asking why characters should be displayed with a consistent design....

Symmetra has a "Dance" pose which doesn't really have much to do with a teleporter lady who does supports and just happens to be from India. McCree has a "contemplative" pose where he's holding his hat over his chest and looking thoughtful - not really in character for him, either. The examples go on and on. If this is purely an argument over "what's appropriate for that character," why do all these other "OOC" poses get ignored?
    I don't see either of these as out of character. She dances. Ok. She's Indian and dance is a huge part of their culture. Contemplative gunslinger is a thing as far as archetypes go.

As for truly out of character to the point of being a joke, sure go for it. A sexy roadhog pose would be funny. But this Tracer pose was clearly not out of character for comedic effect.

- - - Updated - - -

No one is saying her butt can't ever be seen. The statue is an action pose. Great choice for Tracer. Not at all the same as the pose in question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    They are 2 sides of the same coin both are authoritarians who think they know what is right for others. Perfect example of the horseshoe theory at its finest.
    I can't fathom the lack of perspective needed to turn a discussion on character design goals into some grand political accusation.

No one is saying her butt can't ever be seen. The statue is an action pose. Great choice for Tracer. Not at all the same as the pose in question.
    It's not really child-like, non-sexualized or big-sis like, though. Which was your initial argument.

I'm not saying there aren't potential better options. There always are. You can keep improving on anything and make it more thematically viable. So yes, there are more poses that could fit her better.

That, however, doesn't mean that this pose didn't fit her like so many are claiming.
    Hey guys look I found Tracer!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Nothing about the complaints about Tracer's pose apply to these. The complaint wasn't that it was a shot from behind. It was that it was an ass shot on a character that doesn't have sex appeal as a part of her character design. Even on the only character there that really shows some glutes, its still way less emphasized.

This actually highlights why the Tracer pose was so dumb. Widowmaker is a femme fatale. A sexy pose makes sense for her character.
    >snug, form-fitting outfit, energetic and friendly, cute and has an accent
    >doesn't have sex appeal

You have unusual sense of sex appeal, mate.