Page 81 of 95 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    While i like the part of his video, where he is informative, i do think that he went ultra safe when he talked about the subject itself. He avoided talking about what other things people are complaining about, when it comes to this entire situation. He even went a bit mayham in the end, where he, in my opnion, went a bit too far for what the subject is really about. Also, he did not mention the entire communication problem that blizzard seems to be having atm. The forums are on fire, and blizzard have said nothing about it since Kaplans pretty weak explanation post.
    Well that's very subjective. Like to me Kaplan said pretty much all that needed to be said - "we were already discussing this, I'm standing by my first post, don't worry this doesn't mean we're going to be removing everything which someone complains about." What more do you want? I feel like short of Kaplan saying "we're keeping the pose, down with feminism!" some people are always going to be unhappy.

His 2nd post did not really clarify much. It pretty much just bowl down to a single sentence, "This post did not put the idea in our heads, we thought about it all on our own!!", which is quite frankly a bit weak argument, when they have not showed anything to back that statement up. Its not like we are seeing a big poster from before last week, where Tracers pose has a huge red X on her. When it comes to taking away content, i dont really see their argument as valid. Would rather have the "over the shoulder" pose, and the pose which they have in the works. See no reason to delete a working pose.
    They haven't showed anything to back it up? What do you want a video of them discussing the pose? Statements from all the devs? This isn't a courtroom. They've told us that they were already talking about removing the pose, you can choose not to believe that if you want. But to me that just seems like bending the narrative to paint Blizzard as caving or being coerced when they weren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeter View Post
    Gonna miss that pose man. Just saying, there was nothing wrong with it. Except maybe a whole lotttttaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssssssss yum.
    It looked pretty weird, I just find the original reason that Kaplan gave as a reason for changing it to be a fucking terrible one. This whole thing could've been avoided if the second blue post had been the only post given explaining the change. Pandering to someone whining about their 8 year old seeing a character posing in a game that is clearly rated T is just plain absurd, the derps whining about such things need to parent their kid(s) instead of demanding things be changed so their kid(s) doesn't get the wrong message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just can't figure this bullshit out.

As a self-proclaimed pervert, I have tried long and hard to look at that picture and get a rise from it. Nothing. And it doesn't take much to get me going. A stiff breeze, maybe.

Jokes aside, for one, she HAS no ass - it's literally just a line between her two legs. Like, no butt what so ever, just legs connected to torso. How is this supposed to be sexual? Secondly, the character herself is really about as unsexual as you can get. She's playful, sure. But not in a sexual fashion by any stretch. And if feminazis wanna complain about her tight pants, then maybe they should ban spandex and yoga pants IRL. At least you can't see camel toe on Tracer.

I think it's hilarious how opposite things become when talking about pixels. It's perfectly alright for guys to show their bodies, nobody bats an eyelash. But if a CARTOON CHARACTER shows a slight curve down her backside, look out, incoming femnazis.

It would be a different story if it was blatantly a sexual pose. It's not. But if there were actual grounds to stand on, I could maybe understand the complaint.

And the biggest problem of all of this is that someone is letting their underage child play this game. I can't even.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

As I have said a million times, I have no problems about sexualised poses when it -fits- the character, like Widowmaker, fits perfectly, however Tracer has been shown to be quirky, speedy, silly a bit ditzy and so therefore in my opinion, giving her an over the shoulder look where her ass is prime screen, just doesn't fit her character.

The over the shoulder pose, also is very generic, I mean a few of the characters have it already, so what is so wrong with wanting it changed, for an even better pose, that isn't generic, and actually feels more in character for Tracer?

You are all heavily focusing on *omg they showed a bit of butt arghhhh* when honestly If that were the real reason, don't you think folks would be up in arms over widowmakers poses? You are also going down the whole tinfoil hat route of Blizzard being devious and lying to us, back tracking etc, I think you honestly have to take a step back and really think about it a little more calmly, It's beta, testing phase, things get put in, things get changed, things get removed, it happens, and I can imagine that there are alot of going back and forths when they are discussing these things, some things make the cut, some don't. There is no conspiracy.

Because it's not about sexualising female characters, it's about this one character, and this pose feeling at odds with the traits and personality they have already embedded into her, and for me personally, disliking the generic over the shoulder pose, as its just boring. Is it a huge issue? Nope, but someone left feedback, Blizzard were obviously also having their own issues with it too, and so they decided to change it, the sky is not falling, they aren't removing the sexiness from any of the other characters that you would class as sexy, they just want to give Tracers a more fitting pose.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    As I have said a million times, I have no problems about sexualised poses when it -fits- the character, like Widowmaker, fits perfectly, however Tracer has been shown to be quirky, speedy, silly a bit ditzy and so therefore in my opinion, giving her an over the shoulder look where her ass is prime screen, just doesn't fit her character.

The over the shoulder pose, also is very generic, I mean a few of the characters have it already, so what is so wrong with wanting it changed, for an even better pose, that isn't generic, and actually feels more in character for Tracer?

You are all heavily focusing on *omg they showed a bit of butt arghhhh* when honestly If that were the real reason, don't you think folks would be up in arms over widowmakers poses? You are also going down the whole tinfoil hat route of Blizzard being devious and lying to us, back tracking etc, I think you honestly have to take a step back and really think about it a little more calmly, It's beta, testing phase, things get put in, things get changed, things get removed, it happens, and I can imagine that there are alot of going back and forths when they are discussing these things, some things make the cut, some don't. There is no conspiracy.

Because it's not about sexualising female characters, it's about this one character, and this pose feeling at odds with the traits and personality they have already embedded into her, and for me personally, disliking the generic over the shoulder pose, as its just boring. Is it a huge issue? Nope, but someone left feedback, Blizzard were obviously also having their own issues with it too, and so they decided to change it, the sky is not falling, they aren't removing the sexiness from any of the other characters that you would class as sexy, they just want to give Tracers a more fitting pose.
    People are focusing on that because that is what the poster who complained about focused on. He went to say how it doesn't fit her character and when the time came for him to say why he said because it turns her into another sex symbol.
    There is nothing sexual about an over the shoulder pose. And I have yet to see a defender of this change quote my previous post comparing it to hanzo and explaining where people are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    OPs post is not a dumb post, it is just a post between hundreds, if not thousands. The scandal is not that somebody complained, it is that blizzard took it serious. It is the same thing, which i will say to a lot of the posts about this topic. A lot of people are complaining about blizz, with some merit, but i do not expect for them to listen to most of them, but i do expect them to see the commen points of critique, which can be seen in the majority of the posts.

So yeah, this has very little to do with the ass.
    It's refreshing to see the complaint change from "why do Blizzard never listen to feedback" to "why do Blizzard listen to feedback I disagree with."

It's weird how everyone is taking this as some sort of puritanical "no sexy ladies in video games" change when both the original feedback and Blizzard are perfectly okay with Widowmaker being in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by sahlamuhla View Post
    People are focusing on that because that is what the poster who complained about focused on. He went to say how it doesn't fit her character and when the time came for him to say why he said because it turns her into another sex symbol.
    There is nothing sexual about an over the shoulder pose. And I have yet to see a defender of this change quote my previous post comparing it to hanzo and explaining where people are coming from.
    Yes you are right the OP did mention various things, key word here *various*, yet people are focusing on the one small part at the end about the sexy part. When it was first mentioned about being out of character, which it is in my opinion, If the OP hadn't mentioned his daughter and such at the end, and blizzard made the same decision, I doubt we would be here right now having this convo.

Just take it for what it is, the pose is generic, they can do better creatively, to give her a pose more fitting to her personality, Blizzard already had these thoughts, and had another pose in mind, they mentioned doing so on a post that also had similar feelings to theirs, thats it, end of really. Do we want more creativity? more thought going into these characters to make them more deep and meaningful, or are we ok with them all having bland generic poses, and looking the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Well that's very subjective. Like to me Kaplan said pretty much all that needed to be said - "we were already discussing this, I'm standing by my first post, don't worry this doesn't mean we're going to be removing everything which someone complains about." What more do you want? I feel like short of Kaplan saying "we're keeping the pose, down with feminism!" some people are always going to be unhappy.
    And everybody with half a brain knows that's a bunch of bullshit. He replied to the thread and patted himself on the back for listening to the player's feedback, then pretended they wanted to change it anyway. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler on the Roof View Post
    What about that pose doesn't fit the personality of the logo?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    What about that pose doesn't fit the personality of the logo?
    It's not about the pose not fitting the personality, it's about her showing her ass to the camera, while wearing tight pants that show her ass crack.

One person is offended by one of our characters? ok, were changing it, sorry

Thousands of people upset at our cowardice? Picture of Tracer on the front page of reddit in a burka? eh, fuck em...

Really shouldn't surprise us when they say stupid shit like subscriber numbers don't correlate to player happiness.

This is all just turning into one big circlejerk. People using this as a platform to say whatever they want. Try explaining something and discussing it, instead of just saying "Oh dur, typical Blizzard. SJW cave. lol who cares it's just a butt." I've seen the same thing repeated in this thread over and over so much it's giving me a headache.

It's kind of funny, though, how much PR it's getting Overwatch - a game that releases in a month.
    Last edited by La; 2016-03-30 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    haha this stuff is hilarious, the horny nerd tears in this thread alone could rehydrate California

Quote Originally Posted by neocount View Post
    Here, the OP claims, despite using his daughter as leverage and indicating that the pose made Tracer into a sex object, that it was never about sexuality, but that the pose lacked personality.

Getting some mixed signals here...
    It only lacks personality in his eyes because he keeps on staring on the ass instead of the rest of the character. Really, he is the sex freak, not everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler on the Roof View Post
    It's not about the pose not fitting the personality, it's about her showing her ass to the camera, while wearing tight pants that show her ass crack.
    If you dont like the ass, dont look at it. You are the problem you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm more concerned about the eyes.
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOUR FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE
    Face, what face ? I don't see any .... hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yeah up here, a face !

HAHA, Nerfnow nailed it, perfect
    Last edited by Hell-Nicø; 2016-03-30 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    haha this stuff is hilarious, the horny nerd tears in this thread alone could rehydrate California
    Haha! Salt water is dangerous, dude. I heard this particular kind makes genitals shrink and grows pimples all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    It only lacks personality in his eyes because he keeps on staring on the ass instead of the rest of the character. Really, he is the sex freak, not everyone else.
    Yeah THAT'S the thing right here.
    That kind of people are fucking deviant, most of the time because growing up their feminist/sjw/puritan parent teach them that sex is bad, so they became some kind of sex freak with a twisted mind, THEY are the one obsessed with "sexualization" where every normal people just don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Haha! Salt water is dangerous, dude. I heard this particular kind makes genitals shrink and grows pimples all over the place.
    Haha! Epic dude, simply f****** epic!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    If you dont like the ass, dont look at it. You are the problem you are describing.
    lol
    you misunderstand
    I love dat ass