Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why the hell can you cap a flag during a CC duration?!

Very stupid how a CC class (Rog/Dru/Mage/Lock/Sham) can CC a target and then casually cap a flag in front of them while target is unable to do a damn thing about it.

When did Blizz nerf cap time to around 6s? That's just retarded. I just had a Dru easily cap flag from me by CCing me twice (used trinket on first).

So retarded.

If you're going to let that shit happen, then at least give every class in the game a spammable CC so everyone can have a chance to bullshit cap.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Very stupid how a CC class (Rog/Dru/Mage/Lock/Sham) can CC a target and then casually cap a flag in front of them while target is unable to do a damn thing about it.

When did Blizz nerf cap time to around 6s? That's just retarded. I just had a Dru easily cap flag from me by CCing me twice (used trinket on first).

So retarded.

If you're going to let that shit happen, then at least give every class in the game a spammable CC so everyone can have a chance to bullshit cap.
    Call inc.
    Also if you can't defend a base by yourself, go fight the big fight with the rest of the group.

Yes it is annoying, and is one of the reasons every RBG team must have rogues. If you don't trinket the sap, they'll cap, but if you trinket, they'll blind you and cap anyways. They should increase the cap time by like 2 seconds.

Usually classes with pets or abilities to get out of multiple cc : Hunters, Mages, Rogs, locks, Prot War (extreme scenario) are good Flag defenders, sometimes Rets (if their trinkets are up). But as Possessed mentioned you have to call Inc and number of Inc asap you notice it. If a class sits a base that does not have tools to escape cc or have a pet, then its the leader's fault assigning that spec to the flag D.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Usually classes with pets or abilities to get out of multiple cc : Hunters, Mages, Rogs, locks, Prot War (extreme scenario) are good Flag defenders, sometimes Rets (if their trinkets are up). But as Possessed mentioned you have to call Inc and number of Inc asap you notice it. If a class sits a base that does not have tools to escape cc or have a pet, then its the leader's fault assigning that spec to the flag D.
    Calling inc is useless as they will have flag capped before anyone can come. Even if we manage to get it back, the damage would have been done.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    I agree with above, but if you're a Destro you can RoF to expose rogues. I've rarely lost a base cap to a rogue when we didn't have a hunter (or mage) to sit a base, or when they fucked off and didn't def when they should have.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-03-29 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Calling inc is useless as they will have flag capped before anyone can come. Even if we manage to get it back, the damage would have been done.
    Dep on a map, if its Eots a droody can peel from middle in time to help, for maps where distance is too big, you always have several ppl patrolling, even if you have a big INC to a different nod, u still have 1 person on the road just in case, unless the flag that got big Inc is being totally crushed, then that person also moves that flag.
    Also you all missing a simple fact, if it is 1v1, u don't always need to call inc if u can kill a person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I agree with above, but if you're a Destro you can RoF to expose rogues. I've rarely lost a base cap to a rogue when we didn't have a hunter (or mage) to sit a base, or when they fucked off and didn't def when they should have.
    Yep same here as Ret, i never lost base to 1v1, unless it was rogue/dps-drood both stealth, but i held off till help arrived, and most of the time i would kill 1 of them (given cr is under 2k)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Yes it is annoying, and is one of the reasons every RBG team must have rogues. If you don't trinket the sap, they'll cap, but if you trinket, they'll blind you and cap anyways. They should increase the cap time by like 2 seconds.
    Solution don't stand on top of the flag. Stand 25-30 yards away so if the rogue sap you he cant get back to flag fast enough to cap before CC expire. You have to trinket blind, stuns aren't long enough to give time for cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Yep that's the usual play, rogue & feral sneak in under stealth. But if you're reasonably decent you can kill at least one while help arrives, assuming you're any kind of a base-sitting spec, also assuming you've called Inc. Also I almost never trinket Sap, I wait. Sap is basically a noob trap. lol
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-03-29 at 04:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Solution don't stand on top of the flag. Stand 25-30 yards away so if the rogue sap you he cant get back to flag fast enough to cap before CC expire. You have to trinket blind, stuns aren't long enough to give time for cap.
    ive seen abn do kidney caps pretty baws

Well, that's why you designate hunters to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keishton View Post
    ive seen abn do kidney caps pretty baws
    Again that's why don't defend base standing on top of flag. It will only work against noobs.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is why other stealth classes, pet classes, or a spec with another CC break sits flag. A rogue can't sap you if he can't find you.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sit on top of the flag.

Also if it is AB-LM or EOTs dont sit on the edge, since any half brained drood will typhoon you off the edge, and cap the flag while you are trying to run up the hill feeling like a total nub =)

You need to go and post this on the offical forums right now.. But make sure to add in "We want *everyone* to feel strong and heroic in our community. The last thing we want to do is make someone feel uncomfortable, under-appreciated or misrepresented."

In some form or fashion. We'll await the response from Blizzard. You may need to modify it instead of direct quoting it. But you can figure it all out...

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yep that's the usual play, rogue & feral sneak in under stealth. But if you're reasonably decent you can kill at least one while help arrives, assuming you're any kind of a base-sitting spec, also assuming you've called Inc. Also I almost never trinket Sap, I wait. Sap is basically a noob trap. lol
    do you play at minus 12 mmr?

what class can kill a rogue or feral while you are 1v2?

feral is basically immortal with cds, rogue has tons of ways to escape, you'll get stunned tons and the druid can just throw heals on the rogue, or the rogue can kite you while the druid tears you up.

maybe at minus 12 mmr a rogue/druid dies while they are at a 2v1 advantage lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

feral is basically immortal with cds, rogue has tons of ways to escape, you'll get stunned tons and the druid can just throw heals on the rogue, or the rogue can kite you while the druid tears you up.

As Ret i was defending Mines at AB and boomy/rog jumped me, i killed boomy, while got rogue to 8% hp before he got me, then 1 guy from my team showed up and finished him off (this was vs 1850-1900 cr team). I am sure there are specs that if plaid correctly can 1v2 rogue/feral given those 2 players are average

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. you almost never go after rogue if there is another dps spec, and feral is not an immortal while his cds up, he gets his healing procs if you let him do pve rotation on you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

It depends on class, player and cds. 1v2 is a lot easier than people think mostly because of the fact that people don't expect to get owned by 1 guy.

Solution: Roll hunter.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer