Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I can feel your pain, but without those scenarios you would very rarely cap an enemy-base in a random bg, because you see everything and everybody coming to a base.

Thats where strategy comes into play, because thats what pvp in general and especially battlegrounds are made for - Teamplay; never ever ever defend a base alone, unless you're one of the classes mentioned above. Or let somebody at least be near enough to spy a stealthtap and help.
    The 'Problem here isn't the cap-time, neither it is the benefit from invisibility and spammable CC. It is the mindset of most players in random pvp and their silly, stupid, mindf*cked decisions.

Just join a random BG and take a look at the map the whole time if you want something to laugh (or desparately cry).

And never forget: What's a disadvantage for YOUR team can also be used against the ENEMY team.

Deleted
    This is working as intended.

And if u bothered to use your brain to counter this gameplay you would quickly realise that u need TWO players to defend a flag.

If ur just using ONE player to defend, then u deserve to lose the flag right under your nose!

A) You should stand far from the flag so that the Rogue can't sap+blind and cap as easily (or do other combos such as Cyclone or Kidney Shot into cap).

B) Always have 'a second out' (A pet or a CC-break ability) + PvP-trinket to prevent the sap into blind combo.

If you don't have B) you shouldn't be defending the flag to begin with. Everyone has designated roles in PvP (RBGs) - be it base defending, flag running or mid-fighting - your classes' role is clearly not base defending. Complaining that you're losing the base because he managed to kill you and then cap the flag just comes down to poor play and is again not an issue with the game, you and/or your team just got outplayed.

Increasing the cap time of flags will just lead to even staler and boring RBGs where it's even harder to re-cap a base.

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    And if u bothered to use your brain to counter this gameplay you would quickly realise that u need TWO players to defend a flag.

If ur just using ONE player to defend, then u deserve to lose the flag right under your nose!
    Nah that's stupid advice, using ONE player to defend is the way to go. You just have to be smart about it.

Just make sure to use a class that's good at defending (Pet class or a class with CC-breaks) and that the player on that character is not bad (i.e not standing too close to the flag, not dying 1v1 / 1v2 too fast).

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Solution don't stand on top of the flag. Stand 25-30 yards away so if the rogue sap you he cant get back to flag fast enough to cap before CC expire. You have to trinket blind, stuns aren't long enough to give time for cap.
    this. 10 years ago. end thread.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    *Stand on top of flag*

*Gets sapped*

*Trinkets sap*

*Gets blinded*

*Loses base*

OMG BLIZZURWS@DJFSD WHY CAN IJ GET ENINKAJ CAPPED IN 1 CCC HAFHSDHGSDGHSGDS

-thread

Quote Originally Posted by RelaZ View Post
    A) You should stand far from the flag so that the Rogue can't sap+blind and cap as easily (or do other combos such as Cyclone or Kidney Shot into cap).

B) Always have 'a second out' (A pet or a CC-break ability) + PvP-trinket to prevent the sap into blind combo.

If you don't have B) you shouldn't be defending the flag to begin with. Everyone has designated roles in PvP (RBGs) - be it base defending, flag running or mid-fighting - your classes' role is clearly not base defending. Complaining that you're losing the base because he managed to kill you and then cap the flag just comes down to poor play and is again not an issue with the game, you and/or your team just got outplayed.

Increasing the cap time of flags will just lead to even staler and boring RBGs where it's even harder to re-cap a base.

Nah that's stupid advice, using ONE player to defend is the way to go. You just have to be smart about it.

Just make sure to use a class that's good at defending (Pet class or a class with CC-breaks) and that the player on that character is not bad (i.e not standing too close to the flag, not dying 1v1 / 1v2 too fast).
    Not everyone....Retribution Paladin says hello

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Neither do feral druids, holy priests, ele shamans, windwalker monks, hunters, demo/destro locks, mages, fury warriors and unholy DKs.

Do you literally play ret just to victimize yourself in every thread?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Don't sit on top of the flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    any kind of a base-sitting spec.
    almost never trinket Sap
    /thread123456

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Calling inc is useless as they will have flag capped before anyone can come. Even if we manage to get it back, the damage would have been done.
    If your team doesn't know where the flag is until it is about to be capped then something is going horribly wrong.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    do you play at minus 12 mmr?

what class can kill a rogue or feral while you are 1v2?

feral is basically immortal with cds, rogue has tons of ways to escape, you'll get stunned tons and the druid can just throw heals on the rogue, or the rogue can kite you while the druid tears you up.

maybe at minus 12 mmr a rogue/druid dies while they are at a 2v1 advantage lol.
    What? As Destro (more in MoP not so much WoD since 60-70% of our dmg is centered around CB now; also we lost Curses, Fel Flame, KJC was borked, etc.), yes I've killed at least one in many 1v2 attempts, and survived long enough for help to arrive to prevent a cap. That means when I def a node, I have Circle and Gateway placed well, and use defensives (as Dwarf, Stoneform is good against ferals & rogues) and pets appropriately.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-03-30 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    What? As Destro (more in MoP not so much WoD since 60-70% of our dmg is centered around CB now; also we lost Curses, Fel Flame, KJC was borked, etc.), yes I've killed at least one in many 1v2 attempts, and survived long enough for help to arrive to prevent a cap. That means when I def a node, I have Circle and Gateway placed well, and use defensives and pets appropriately.
    again what mmr was this at?

10+ Year Old Account
    Up to 2.2k range. I didn't get higher then since I quit Rated in 5.3 from cheating and bots getting worse and the KJC nerf to hell. But I've seen other worthy Destros/Demos above that rating def nodes very well too. Since WoD though - forgetabouddit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    Yes it is annoying, and is one of the reasons every RBG team must have rogues. If you don't trinket the sap, they'll cap, but if you trinket, they'll blind you and cap anyways. They should increase the cap time by like 2 seconds.
    this is a l2p issue buddy and I don't mean to offend you

here's why: A rogue can only sap and cap if you stand literally next to the flag, because otherwise he has to run back to the flag in order to cap from wherever you stand

so as long as you stand 10-20 yards away from the flag the rogue cannot possibly cap the flag in time, the cc effect will run off before he can cap

10+ Year Old Account
    Also OP - if you're squishy don't just stand still at the node. That's asking for an easy Backstab or letting them get behind you. Keep moving, make it harder for them to get in melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by Krassz1096 View Post
    Neither do feral druids, holy priests, ele shamans, windwalker monks, hunters, demo/destro locks, mages, fury warriors and unholy DKs.

Do you literally play ret just to victimize yourself in every thread?
    Well Ferals were best FC in MOP, Elem shammies were good DPS in MOP as well with instant lava burst procs from flame chocks, WW were OP for a shot period of time as well (there were some high rated RBG WW monks), Hunters are still best base sitters, Unholy were insane in MOP, Mages always good, Fury wars (well spec Arms and u are fine).
    Rets on other hand did not have a single season when we had a good niche in RBGs, thumbs up blizzard for amazing balance for Paladin DPS class =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellmist View Post
    Rets have a second out (bubble/bop) and can thus be base defenders. I'm not saying they're wanted (because other specs do it better) though, but on the topic of this issue they do have a 'role'.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    It depends on class, player and cds. 1v2 is a lot easier than people think mostly because of the fact that people don't expect to get owned by 1 guy.
    1v2 only works if the opponents are worse players than you are, you can't usually win 1v2 if they are of equal skill. So when 2 dudes attack you when you are defending base your job is not to kill them but survive until reinforcements arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PrairieChicken View Post
    1v2 only works if the opponents are worse players than you are, you can't usually win 1v2 if they are of equal skill. So when 2 dudes attack you when you are defending base your job is not to kill them but survive until reinforcements arrive
    I wasn't talking about high rated RBG or arena, past 1.8k rating 1v2 is almost impossible. I was talking about skirmish, low rated 2s and wpvp where you can easily 1v2 and have some fun.

I don't see what the problem is here.

I thought this thread was going to be about someone who is the subject of the CC being able to cap, i.e. the target being feared over the cap spot.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    Well Ferals were best FC in MOP, Elem shammies were good DPS in MOP as well with instant lava burst procs from flame chocks, WW were OP for a shot period of time as well (there were some high rated RBG WW monks), Hunters are still best base sitters, Unholy were insane in MOP, Mages always good, Fury wars (well spec Arms and u are fine).
    Rets on other hand did not have a single season when we had a good niche in RBGs, thumbs up blizzard for amazing balance for Paladin DPS class =)
    In S12 I had a ret on my team that was at 2600 and a ret on my team in S14 that was about 2.2.