Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh no, NY politicos and bureaucrats won't be traveling to NC. I'd think everyone down in NC would be thrilled at not having to deal with those pretentious fucks.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    The promotion of anti-Christian values and the left's indoctrination of children through the public school system.
    Oh the "anti-Christian" value of loving the people you fall in love with? Of being allowed to marry who you prefer and to go through life without other people hating you for no good reason? Yeah, that's totally against what Jesus taught.
    Putin khuliyo

This pleases me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously? They banned state sponsored travel to North Carolina because of a law that bans men dressed as women from using female toilets?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Oh the "anti-Christian" value of loving the people you fall in love with? Of being allowed to marry who you prefer and to go through life without other people hating you for no good reason? Yeah, that's totally against what Jesus taught.
    Despite our differences, I am glad that we are united in our faith.

It's effectively useless, but as a statement I have no problem with it.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tailswipe View Post
    Seriously? They banned state sponsored travel to North Carolina because of a law that bans men dressed as women from using female toilets?
    Was it actually illegal for men dressed as men to use them?

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who works for the New York State government, this is actually old news. At multiple SUNY campus locations (including mine), there is a specific policy that discriminatory groups could not have permanent locations on campus. It was not until recently that the ROTC had an office on campus, due to the military's enacted policy on homosexuals. They just had an off-campus site. The Westboro people have been here, multiple times, as a direct result of this policy (and we ignored them until they went away).

I can't speak for all facets of NYS but my own little niche would have done the same thing. NC can pass and enforce all the laws it wants, but they have to accept the consequences, just like a corporation or person.

ohhhh, so that's what it is.

i heard people saying "well what if a guy claiming to be transgendered goes in and hurts a woman?"

it's a legitimate question, but i don't think outright banning it is the right way to go.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    It's effectively useless, but as a statement I have no problem with it.
    Depends on how much state funded travel was to be expected ?

is NC able to counter this NY State ban ?

Glad our Governor is not such an idiot.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    ohhhh, so that's what it is.

i heard people saying "well what if a guy claiming to be transgendered goes in and hurts a woman?"

it's a legitimate question, but i don't think outright banning it is the right way to go.
    That's my feeling to. A male rapist or pervert could go hang out in female bathroom just by claiming that he is female in his head.

It's not an arbitrary or cruel law to require people who are physically male or female to go to their assigned restrooms. It's actually very sensible.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my feeling to. A male rapist or pervert could go hang out in female bathroom just by claiming that he is female in his head.

It's not an arbitrary or cruel law to require people who are physically male or female to go to their assigned restrooms. It's actually very sensible.
    Is it actually legislated though, irrespective of what the person is wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, (Read More...)

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Romans 1:26-27 - For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: (Read More...)

Matthew 19:11-12 - But he said unto them, All [men] cannot receive this saying, save [they] to whom it is given. (Read More...)

1 Corinthians 6:9 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1 Kings 14:24 - And there were also sodomites in the land: [and] they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the LORD cast out before the children of Israel.

thanks /endthread

Infracted- Discussing religion is not allowed
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-03-30 at 01:02 AM.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Is it actually legislated though, irrespective of what the person is wearing?
    Go check the US building regulations.

I all for homosexual rights but I think the whole going into the bathroom you feel like versus the one you currently have the plumbing for is a bit much. It basically defeats the purpose of having separate bathrooms because you can never say what someone "feels" like on the inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go check the US building regulations.
    The legislation is that they must be present, but is there an explicit law forbidding use of the opposite gender facilities? Like, could a woman be arrested and charged for using the male's facilities when there's too much of a queue?

Quote Originally Posted by triplesdsu View Post
    I all for homosexual rights but I think the whole going into the bathroom you feel like versus the one you currently have the plumbing for is a bit much. It basically defeats the purpose of having separate bathrooms because you can never say what someone "feels" like on the inside.
    That's the Left for you, taking something well intentioned way too far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That's the Left for you, taking something well intentioned way too far.
    There's a lot of strange assumptions about sexuality in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    There's a lot of strange assumptions about sexuality in this discussion.
    A strange assumption is that I don't like gay people even though the girl in my picture is bi-sexual.