Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Gaza farmers, shepherds forced to leave land after Israeli forces open fire

GAZA CITY (Ma'an) -- Israeli forces opened fire on Palestinian farmers and shepherds in the Gaza Strip Saturday morning, forcing them to leave their fields, witnesses said.
    Witnesses told Ma’an that Israeli military forces deployed east of Juhr al-Dik in the central Gaza Strip opened fire on the workers while they were in their agricultural fields, forcing them to leave the area.

An Israeli army spokesperson told Ma’an they were looking into the reports.
    Palestinian farmers face frequent fire from Israeli forces inside of or near the military-imposed “buffer zone.” While the exact limits of the zone are often unclear, they are enforced with live fire.

The Israeli army often says in such circumstances that the use of live fire is necessary to deter potential "security threats,” a policy that has in effect destroyed much of the agricultural and fishing sectors of the impoverished Palestinian territory, which has been under a crippling Israeli blockade since 2007.

The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs last month reported at least 42 cases of Israeli forces opening fire on Palestinians in the buffer zone, on both land and sea sides
    Can you believe this. They're just trying to farm and raise their animals and they're fired upon. Can you imagine what it's like to not even be able to make a living for yourself.

http://www.maannews.com/Content.aspx?id=770858

lol getting upset by news from only one source.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    But Tennisace what can we do?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    If they were female shepherds Tennisace would already be flying over. Little does he know that FemShep is a strong independant redheaded woman and don't need no man. (She has Garrus)

10+ Year Old Account
    At least we can be aware of what's going on. Write to our members of parliament/congress.
    Vote accordingly. Get involved. etc etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    At least we can be aware of what's going on. Write to our members of parliament/congress.
    But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope

But Tennisace I want you to provide a solution. You're our only hope
    Are you asking Tennis for a final solution?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Are you asking Tennis for a final solution?
    Indeed I am

Indeed I am
    Help me Obi-Wan-Tennisace, you're our only hope?

10+ Year Old Account
    ROFLMAO!!! ANY candidate that speaks ill of Israel here in the U.S. will instantly kill their chances at being elected to any office.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    ROFLMAO!!! ANY candidate that speaks ill of Israel here in the U.S. will instantly kill their chances at being elected to any office.
    Yeah I can confirm this. Especially Republicans

Only tennisace can save the innocent, saintly Palestinian people who never hurt a flea from the vicious, murderous Israelis.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Only tennisace can save the innocent, saintly Palestinian people who never hurt a flea from the vicious, murderous Israelis.
    They're both to blame

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a banned tennisace i see?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Is that a banned tennisace i see?
    Thank fuck for that

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine what it's like to not even be able to make a living for yourself.
    Do people think we live on Sesame street or something?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma%27an_News_Agency

"Ma'an News Agency (MNA; Arabic: وك*لة مع* *لإخب*رية‎) is a large wire service created in 2005 in the Palestinian territories.[1][2] It is part of the Ma'an Network, a non-governmental organization media network created in 2002[1] in the Palestinian territories among independent journalists throughout the West Bank and Gaza Strip. It has partnerships with eight local television stations and twelve local radio stations. Ma'an News Agency publishes news 24 hours a day in Arabic, Hebrew and English, and claims to be one of the largest wire services in the Palestinian territories, with over three million visits per month.[1] Ma'an News Agency also publishes feature stories, analysis and opinion articles. The agency's headquarters is in Bethlehem and it has an office in Gaza."

---

Are you seriously using THIS as an information source? Come on man...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Can you believe this. They're just trying to farm and raise their animals and they're fired upon. Can you imagine what it's like to not even be able to make a living for yourself.
    When you elect and support a terrorist organization (that has stated goals of destroying a neighboring state and killing every one of its citizens) as your government, your life is gonna be crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    When you elect and support a terrorist organization (that has stated goals of destroying a neighboring state and killing every one of its citizens) as your government, your life is gonna be crap.
    But... Evil Israeli occupants are to blame for all this! Palestinian leaders just want a peaceful solution to the conflict... /s
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    One has expressed goals of destroying a neighboring state, whereas the other is well on it's way to accomplishing that. Hamas is shit but let's not for one second think that Israel is the rosey cheeked cherub Israeli or more properly Israeli government apologists make it out to be. Hamas gained traction by repeated Israeli animosity and where they used to be coy about their land grabs they do so openly now.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)