Thread: Is this creepy?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Do you have an abnormally large forehead or some other disfigurement? She might not be looking at you lovingly.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    So, I'll be honest here: What I'm going to say will sound kinda stupid for those who are good in this kind of situation. Anyway...

I work in a college.

There is this girl that I'm liking a lot. She looks kinda timid, and she always looks at me when I'm passing by. When I look her in the eyes, she rapidly looks away, and when I look back, she's looking at me again.

She's cute. Preeeeeetty cute.

So, I'm developing an strategy to "meet" her.

I'll write "hey, you are very cute/beautiful/lovely :3, call me ! - xxxx-xxxx (my number).", and then I'll ask for someone to deliver to her (or maybe I'll deliver to her myself, I guess that's better.)

This sound stupid, I know, but hey, if you ever liked someone you kinda know how this feeling is, right?

My question is: Is this kinda scary/creepy?
    I don't want to scare her!

And yes, I know what most of you will think "just go on and say hi!", but for people like me, that's not thaaaat easy :c.

Thanks for reading. I really hope that you can lend me a hand.

See you soon, champions! :3
    Yes, it is creepy. The note basically says, "I've been watching you secretly" which basically screams stalker.

Just go up to her and say "Hi" and go from there.

Assume that she is also interested in meeting new people and go start a conversation next time. What's the worse that can happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    OP: you're being creepy.

Ignore the nonsense you hear around these days. You're trying to be sensitive and inoffensive. Don't.

Traditional gender roles are best. Don't be a gentle, feminine man.

Be a real man. Go talk to her directly, be confident and dominant - be manly.

Enjoy.
    You are about to summon the draenei to this thread... which will summon bread... which will summon god knows what.

OP: you're being creepy.

Ignore the nonsense you hear around these days. You're trying to be sensitive and inoffensive. Don't.

Traditional gender roles are best. Don't be a gentle, feminine man.

Be a real man. Go talk to her directly, be confident and dominant - be manly.

Enjoy.
    I suggest hunting a wild animal, shooting it, dumping it in front of her, then beating on your chest while doing a Tarzan call.

It always works (among neanderthal societies). Trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    I suggest hunting a wild animal, shooting it, dumping it in front of her, then beating on your chest while doing a Tarzan call.

I thought you were supposed to club her and drag her back to your cave?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I thought you were supposed to club her and drag her back to your cave?
    That comes after the display of dominance.

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just walk up to her, and be like
    "You have really nice skin, you must moisturize a lot. How many times a day would you say you rub lotion on your skin? In my experience, a young woman like you needs to rub lotion on her skin at least 5 times a day in order to maintain elasticity. Would you like to get together sometime and talk about lotions? Or maybe we can get together and watch a movie. Have you ever seen Silence of the Lambs? I think you would like it."

Give her the old Hot Cosby, or if you like you can give her the Slow Cosby, which in Canada we call "love".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenotetsuken View Post
    Just walk up to her, and be like
    "You have really nice skin, you must moisturize a lot. How many times a day would you say you rub lotion on your skin? In my experience, a young woman like you needs to rub lotion on her skin at least 5 times a day in order to maintain elasticity. Would you like to get together sometime and talk about lotions? Or maybe we can get together and watch a movie. Have you ever seen Silence of the Lambs? I think you would like it."
    And she replies: "Do the dance for me."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post

I'll ignore the anthropological inaccuracy and just say, we're really not that far from this working now: same principles, different manifestations.

I'll ignore the anthropological inaccuracy and just say, we're really not that far from this working now: same principles, different manifestations.
    Well if he is Caucasian and European descent which most of us are, we have around 4% neanderthal DNA, so I vote for a Hot Cosby via a club.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Don't put ":3" in your note.
    Agreed with this. Please don't do that, it looks weird and adds the creepy thing you aren't going for.

I understand what you mean by it's not that easy, it never has been for me either, but if she's worth it to you, then passing notes probably won't be the best way to do it. Seems a bit childish. I remember passing notes in middle school, definitely not a good move in college. Id say try to establish a friendship first or just casual talk, or go up to her and ask her out to coffee. I don't personally think giving a girl your number (especially right away) is a good idea.

TLDR: Either ask to go out to coffee, or take the long way and establish a friendship/casual talk and then ask. Those two have worked best for me. Keep in mind I'm younger then you by about 2 years so take it with a grain of salt, and don't forget I'm speaking from personal experience.

Don't do the note thing. You're 21, not 12. But you can start slow and sensibly.

Next time you pass, just smile and say, "Hi."

If she enthusiastically says "Hi" back, congratulations: she's interested in at least talking to you, and not unworkably shy.

You say you work at a college: what do you do? Is it related to why you and the girl pass? Can you start a conversation, even as simply as "Anything I can help you with?" Is it, like, a library? You could try, "Hey, I see you're [reading/studying] [such-and-such] . . . " You don't even need to know about the subject; ask her, since you're probably curious. She might explain it, it might be an important subject to her, and the dialogue can go from there.

If the conversation's polite, maybe not much there. If she's laughing, even doing the heavy lifting — that's an opening for coffee. If she's up for it, have a general time of week in your mind, something logical, exchange numbers. Practice your enthusiastic, self-deprecating laugh if she's got a boyfriend — back off with "ah, he's a lucky man," or something, considering yourself better than you were before for having the guts to ask.

Above all, though, when I was in college I let way too many of these moments pass, in part because girls occasionally asked me out — and I got lazy/too skeptical about the ones that weren't obvious and falling all over.

Solve this mystery, one way or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that you're asking her out that's creepy. It's the method you're using. Notes are for elementary school. Grow a pair and ask her out or just move on.

Could you post pictures of her?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Now this. This is creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Preferably when she's wearing yoga pants and doing the Tracer.

Just fucking talk to her...
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like something we did in High School. In other words, by today's standards, it's VERY creepy. You may be better off with just your name and number. Though someone might consider that creepy too. I just don't get how people hook up anymore when everything other than bashing the bitch in her head and dragging her home by her hair is considered creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I think you have a better chance with her if you initiate a conversation with the most awkward "Hi" ever, than letting someone else approach her with a note that says "I like you, call me *insert number*".

Another option: Try to reduce your social awkwardness by approaching 5 other girls that you're not interested in, and have a casual conversation. You don't really care about them, so who cares what they think. You'll be a bit more confident and relaxed cause of it, which means there's less chance to make it weird when you finally talk to the girl you like.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-03-29 at 10:50 PM.