Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So did you hear about the true ending being locked behind the microtransactions like some sites started reporting on yesterday before you bought it?
    See, that's how the snowball of false info turns into an BS avalanche. Polygon's reviewer was the one that brought "there is a grind to reach the true ending, the lootboxes speed it up" and some trigger happy youtubers turned it into "true ending is locked behind the lootboxes", which is wrong.

What you just wrote is one step further, calling lootboxes "microtransactions", when the currency (gold) is actually easy to obtain in game with story missions, vengeances and daily quests.

Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-08 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Just came here to post that :P

damn you were fast :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    As expected, Sterling just went with the only review that fits his agenda, just like TB and Yong went. Especially when some already have the game and are reporting that review as incorrect.

At least he wrote "allegedly" on the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of person makes an opinion video on a game they haven't even played?

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    From what I've seen. A lot of these so called 'gaming journalists'.

I'm honestly amazed at why they're so popular.

Deleted
    Those that fight for gaming and gaming journalism ethics, it seems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    As expected, Sterling just went with the only review that fits his agenda, just like TB and Yong went. Especially when some already have the game and are reporting that review as incorrect.

Sterling mentioned several reviews in his video.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Reviewing a game isn't like reviewing a movie. Sometimes to be able to fully judge a game, you need to spend 100 hours playing it. If other reviewers (perhaps those favoured by the publisher. The rest needs to stay valid and try to form an opinion as soon as possible, so they might choose to analyze the existing reviews rather then the source material they do not yet have. Again, it's important that they are able to quickly relay the information whether the product is good or bad to the audience. The longer they wait, the bigger the chance people will, for instance, buy an incomplete or bad game.

Other than that, TB and others didn't "review" anything yet, they only pointed out significant issues with the existing systems. Lootboxes and microtransactions in general are a very messy ground, and should be monitored by reviewers and journalists the most. Lootboxes, most of all, can be done right (as a small bonus to the game that doesn't affect the flow of it) or can cause the publisher to become overly greedy, and mold the game experiance in such a way that "optional" lootboxes seem to be necessary to fully enjoy the game.

You don't have to trust the reviewers like TB at all, but them raising this issue might make a few people hold their horses before purchasing something based only on trailers and "cool factor". Myself, I would probably have already bought Shadow of War if I haven't heard of the "lootbox issue", the outcry on youtube and other media is making me a bit more careful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Sterling mentioned several reviews in his video.
    Only Polygon's reviewer finished the Shadow Wars at the time. Some other reviewers and players that got the game are saying that the lootboxes aren't needed at all.

The main campaign is around 12-15 hours, with the Shadow Wars adding in total 45 hours of gaming.

NOTE: I'm not defending the lootboxes, simply saying that this entire shitstorm is completely overblown based on wrong info (like TB's apologize for quoting a reviewer that was wrong) and BS snowball effect. Either we fight for ethics by being ethical at the same time or be completely hypocrites while doing so. I prefer the first camp.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-08 at 02:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

What agenda? You honestly think the shitty practices WB have made is justifiable then? Look if you want to play it go ahead. Have fun go for it. After the whole 'charity' stunt WB caused (that hits close to home mind you) I will never support WB again. I don't care if they went back on it, that shit is uncalled for. It should be down right criminal.

If a game like Witcher 3 can give us free DLC and no loot boxes and come up with an top product, then why can't Shadows of War? Hell the first Middle Earth game didn't rely on this bullshit but the publishers are like "we need more money than what the game itself can offer" making them look like they have no faith in their product.

For those that want to plau, play it, you have enjoy yourself going forth, and it probably will be a fun game. But respect those not buying it and I will respect you for wanting to play it. Stop creating a angry mob because people don't agree with your way of thinking. Learn to open your minded.

You have your reasons and I have mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    What agenda? You honestly think the shitty practices WB have made is justifiable then? Look if you want to play it go ahead. Have fun go for it. After the whole 'charity' stunt WB caused (that hits close to home mind you) I will never support WB again. I don't care if they went back on it, that shit is uncalled for. It should be down right criminal.

If a game like Witcher 3 can give us free DLC and no loot boxes and come up with an top product, then why can't Shadows of War? Hell the first Middle Earth game didn't rely on this bullshit but the publishers are like "we need more money than what the game itself can offer" making them look like they have no faith in their product.

For those that want to plau, play it, you have enjoy yourself going forth, and it probably will be a fun game. But respect those not buying it and I will respect you for wanting to play it. Stop creating a angry mob because people don't agree with your way of thinking. Learn to open your mind.
    Witcher did have a season pass though. Are you referring to the smaller free DLCs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Witcher did have a season pass though. Are you referring to the smaller free DLCs?
    I am referring to loot boxes, and microtransactions. in game enhancements mostly, stuff that adds to an existing game/

10+ Year Old Account
    I am referring to loot boxes, and microtransactions. in game enhancements mostly, stuff that adds to an existing game/
    You did say Witcher 3 had free DLC. I just wanted clarification because Witcher 3 did offer a season pass (granted it was fucking worth it)

Deleted

For those that want to plau, play it, you have enjoy yourself going forth, and it probably will be a fun game. But respect those not buying it and I will respect you for wanting to play it. Stop creating a angry mob because people don't agree with your way of thinking. Learn to open your minded.

You have your reasons and I have mine.
    Because it's built upon wrong info. Sorry, but this is about the BS being spread about Shadow of War, not if the game has MTs or not.

It's about the supposed "guardians of gaming ethics!" are being completely hypocrites for agenda purposes. They are making videos and twitter posts based on what a couple of reviewers wrote (TB even apologized because of that, the reviewer he quoted was wrong) and not by reviewing themselves first the game. They are the ones creating angry mobs, just check the comments.

And Witcher 3 had a season pass, so what are you talking about?
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-08 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's built upon wrong info. Sorry, but this is about the BS being spread about Shadow of War, not if the game has MTs or not. It's about the supposed "guardians of gaming ethics!" are being completely hypocrites for agenda purposes.

And Witcher 3 had a season pass, so what are you talking about?

Well you play the game and have fun. I for one respect your decision to play a game even though I choose not to.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-10-08 at 03:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure whats the bigger disappointment, Shadow of War or Arkham Knight. (Actually I know whats worse, it's this) Both by Warner Brothers never the less. I am seriously putting Warner Brothers on my black list at this point. I will never purchase a game from this company again. Seriously disappointed. I feel sorry Monolith that had to confined to WB's needs this way, because they are a good developer hidden by a shit practice by the publisher

I am so done
    what was wrong with ARkham Knight though? wasn't the best of the series but was a solid game.

- - - Updated - - -

You did say Witcher 3 had free DLC. I just wanted clarification because Witcher 3 did offer a season pass (granted it was fucking worth it)
    Witcher 3's DLC though were more akin to the expansion packs we remember. I didn't feel it was a season pass moreso than just paying for expansions. Other Season passes always seem to just be random shit that could've already been ingame, or tiny missions/maps.

Deleted
    Well you play the game and have fun. I for one respect your decision to play a game even though I choose not to.
    Sure, but that wasn't the point of the post you quoted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but that wasn't the point of the post you quoted.
    Because nothing I say will change your opinion, you have your mind set on playing the game and defending what WB are doing, and you have issue with others who are against the idea of on games horrible practices.

The point of my post was to say respect those who are against what WB are doing. It's not like people like Jim Sterling are spreading misinformation about the game he isnt even reviewing the game (yet), they are reporting further on shitty practices brought on by shitty publishers. You are free to buy the game but at least understand where others are coming form and why we are against buying the game.

Deleted
    Because nothing I say will change your opinion, you have your mind set on playing the game and defending what WB are doing, and you have issue with others who are against the idea of on games horrible practices.

The point of my post was to say respect those who are against what WB are doing. It's not like people like Jim Sterling are spreading misinformation about the game he isnt even reviewing the game (yet), they are reporting further on shitty practices brought on by shitty publishers. You are free to buy the game but at least understand where others are coming form and why we are against buying the game.
    Based on wrong info. That's the point. That's why TotalBiscuit had to apologize (https://twitter.com/Totalbiscuit/sta...54023980949506). It goes against what they defend, good ethic practices.

It's not about the game or WB, it's about the supposed "ethical game journalists" spreading wrong information.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-10-08 at 03:32 PM.