Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Movie] Wonder Woman

With the new Batman versus Superman movie, we've had a chance to truly see Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

I know that when they selected her many people did not think she was a good choice. Now that you've actually seen her as Wonder Woman (well, assuming you saw Batman versus Superman), what do you think?

Edit 24.07.2016 - thank you Genn and t1saif for the trailer:
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Edit 04.11.2016 - thank you for new trailer t1saif:
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-11-03 at 10:52 PM.

Deleted
    I think she pulled it off! She did a good job and I've not heard or read any criticism about her in BvS either.
    I admit I had some reservation beforehand, especially because I would've loved a more muscular actress to match the comic version more, but I completely let go of that after BvS.

Her own movie can be a hit or miss thing. Wonder Women is not that well known as some other heroes out there amongst the general public and a female super Hero lead is always a gamble.

What did you think of her yourself?

She's no Jaimie Alexander.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

She did a very good job of actually playing the character, just a shame that in the movie it seemed like there was more of her that we just didn't get to see in the theatrical release of the film. Guess we're going to have to wait until the R-rated Blu-ray to see what all is different with the extra 30 minutes of run time.

I feel like she was able to capture the air of strength that Wonder Woman exudes which to me is a very important feature that helps a lot in it being a successful portrayal of the character, but for her own stand-alone movie it can definitely be very hit or miss.

Now as for the movie itself (BvS), that's a whole different can of worms that this thread isn't quite appropriate for lol.

Pretty decent, actually. My first thought (back when she was first announced) was that she didn't have the build for it, but she makes it work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    I think she pulled it off! She did a good job and I've not heard or read any criticism about her in BvS either.
    I admit I had some reservation beforehand, especially because I would've loved a more muscular actress to match the comic version more, but I completely let go of that after BvS.

Her own movie can be a hit or miss thing. Wonder Women is not that well known as some other heroes out there amongst the general public and a female super Hero lead is always a gamble.

What did you think of her yourself?
    I thought her acting was great as an actor but... I don't think she fits to be Wonder Woman. I had no reservations before knowing she's a real life though cookie so to say but now, having seen her in Wonder Woman's skin... she didn't strike me as Wonder Woman. I'm not sure it's her fault or the director's fault though.

I don't know, maybe it's because I never thought of Wonder Woman to be one to use that much cunning, it just doesn't fit the character that well. Also, whomever designed her tiara... it looks like shit on Gal because of her fox-like face, makes her look partially bald.
    Overall, where I had little to no concerns before, now I feel the movie might be a bust. And it's not because of Gal even, but rather due to the decision they seemed to project from this preview of Wonder Woman on how they want to portray the character.

She might be one of the handful of actesses that have might have an experience remotely alike ''warrior princess'' (okay, sure, it was service corps...)

I think she's amazing .. both the character's portrayal in the film, and how the actress pulls it off. God speed to her.

i will look forward to Wonder Woman movie, i'm glad they went for a more exotic woman too. aren't night elf women supposed to be based off the wonder woman tribe ?

As Diana Prince, I though Gal Gadot looked fabulous. Double points to the spectacular costume design for her civilian clothing. Just brilliant.

As Wonder Woman, too frail and awkward looking. Not believable or in line with Wonder Woman's best comic material; Perez, Rucka, Azzarello.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    As Diana Prince, I though Gal Gadot looked fabulous. Double points to the spectacular costume design for her civilian clothing. Just brilliant.

As Wonder Woman, too frail and awkward looking. Not believable or in line with Wonder Woman's best comic material; Perez, Rucka, Azzarello.
    but i thought wonder woman in action was awesome, and i agree that as Diana Prince she was fabulous too, loved how they interplayed her into the whole thing.

she looked like a goddess as wonder woman, I wonder how the actress who played Arwen Evenstar in LotR would have pulled off wonder woman.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Her own movie can be a hit or miss thing. Wonder Woman is not that well known as some other heroes out there amongst the general public and a female super Hero lead is always a gamble.
    Fixed, and she is pretty damn well-known to the general public. Sure, Lynda Carter's WW ended almost 40 years ago, but she still has enough presence and is like the 3rd recognisable superhero from the Justice League.

As for my own thoughts on Gadot, I thought she alright but not really anything spectacular, although I did get a nerdgasm when she joined the Doomsday fight and the following song started playing:

Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    Pretty decent, actually. My first thought (back when she was first announced) was that she didn't have the build for it, but she makes it work.
    This.

I don't think we saw enough to fairly judge her efforts though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Flavour Cat View Post
    Fixed, and she is pretty damn well-known to the general public. Sure, Lynda Carter's WW ended almost 40 years ago, but she still has enough presence and is like the 3rd recognisable superhero from the Justice League.

As for my own thoughts on Gadot, I thought she alright but not really anything spectacular, although I did get a nerdgasm when she joined the Doomsday fight and the following song started playing:

Yeah I loved the Wonder Woman music aswell, all in all I think she did a fine job and suited nicely for the role

Batman was like the only thing that everyone liked about this movie. Expect a Batman movie before we get a WW movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Batman was like the only thing that everyone liked about this movie. Expect a Batman movie before we get a WW movie.
    Wonder woman movie is already in production and there isn't a standalone bat man scheduled until after justice league.

I dont buy into the argument that WW needs to be buff or huge. Being tall is good enough, WW has combat training, nowhere is it canon that shes a weight lifter.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    She was ok , i still like Lynda Carter the best.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Wonder woman movie is already in production and there isn't a standalone bat man scheduled until after justice league.
    Then expect Batman before Justice League.

Wonder Woman has superpowers, why would she have to be Ronda Rousey-looking?

Her strength comes from her DNA/blessings not from lifting weights, like Batman's.

I thought she was great. When she showed up I got chills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Then expect Batman before Justice League.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...superhero.html

Not even one scheduled. They've done batman, everyone knows his story hence why they didn't give an origin one for him prior to BvS. If they do one I'd expect(and hope) for an adaptation of Under the Red Hood, as it's been established to be after Joker killed Robin(Jason Todd)