Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Better get used to it guys, Old Gods and Overwatch are coming up so there's probably gonna be plenty of downtime ahead. Not to mention the new Diablo season is on the horizon, that game always goes wonky when more then 500 people are online at once!

But seriously though, aren't we used to the EU potato that passes as a server by now?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just like the Dutch log-in issues from yesterday, they better have it fixed when I get home from work :')

Deleted
    This is a good indicator that WoW is dying due to lack of money. They can't afford to keep servers up. It's been a good run. GG all!

as much as I like Blizzard, their EU servers are potatoes for almost all of their games

US company I guess ...

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm gonna unsub, that will teach them!"

Sums up the replies on EU Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Point me to where Amazon is unavailable for an entire morning because of "maintenance".

If you make it so that none of the games you sold to your customers can work without Battle.net, then you have a period of time where it isn't available, you better believe those customers are going to complain.

The utterly hilarious thing, to me, is that Blizzard at least had an excuse with WoW. When they set it up, it was set up in a way that required weekly downtime. But now they have baked that thinking into Battle.net itself, and by extension into every other game they have. While other companies can maintain permanent up-time, Blizzard have to bring everything to a crushing screeching halt while they switch hamsters.

Still, at least they have people like you that they can rely on to defend them. For some reason that isn't clear to the rest of us.
    Fuck Blizzard. There is no excuses here all companies have to do scheduled maintenance on their servers not just Blizzard. Stating this fact doesn't mean I don't think Blizzard dropped the ball with Wod and how shameful it is that Wod only had 1 real content patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilos View Post
    This is a good indicator that WoW is dying due to lack of money. They can't afford to keep servers up. It's been a good run. GG all!
    Spoken like a professional.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    How does scheduled maintenance make the day bad for Blizzard?
    You... are aware this was supposed to be a quick hourly thing and has been extended much longer, right? This is no longer what they scheduled.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the whine here is just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    as much as I like Blizzard, their EU servers are potatoes for almost all of their games

US company I guess ...
    Because US servers totally have never had extended maintenance before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Spoken like a professional.
    Thanks. Warms my heart to get backup in desperate times

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because US servers totally have never had extended maintenance before.
    its not about the maintenance (Im not even subbed atm), its about the lag spikes/high ping I am used to experiencing semi-frequently during prime hours on EU HS/HotS/D3/WoW ...

*sigh* had planned to get my last tomes from lfr but I guess I'll have to go out and enjoy my vacation now.

Deleted
    So sick and tired of seeing this bs...... WoW aint got enough subscribers so you can shit on everyone but the US players?

Obviously it's more to it all but how am someone who's been playing this game for quite a fucking long time,
    who also have seen this happen so many times supposed to view it differently....?
    Like someone said before, its 13:00+ now.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny how Offline Mode for StarCraft 2 doesn't even work, cuz you need to be logged into Battle.net.

Always Online DRM truely sucks

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Meh..dunno if Amazon is a valid comparison. I wonder how games like SWoTOR, Rift or Wildstar do it and compare that. Seems somehow more fitting. If those game go forever without downtime I concede you have a point
    GW2 doesn't have any downtime, scheduled or otherwise. Hell, they dropped an entire expansion and didn't have any downtime. I don't know if other companies have managed it, but that alone proves it can be done.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Battle Net client is working .. login servers busy >.>

Deleted
    Well at least I can finish my series before servers go up, so not much time lost, just shifted around :P

Damnit I just got online.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awelon View Post
    All the whine here is just amazing.
    How long have you played this game? Only really talking about myself but, some of us have played this game since Vanilla... One would have thought with all the fucking billios of dollars they have made that 10+ years later it would be more stable... is that really too much to ask? If you feel that way, please dont reply <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Battle Net client is working .. login servers busy >.>
    Great and nice Avatar!