Street walker
    Strumpet
    Call Girl
    Hooker
    Adult entertainer
    Something else

Pick one.

I would go with Strumpet.
    The neutral term would be sex worker but whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Apparently her identity was pretty thoroughly hidden. And to be clear, Nintendo has a right to fire her for that. That's not my problem. Its that people even dug long enough to find it, among the dozen other after the fact justifications for obsessing. Its basically group level stalking.
    That's probably the context I was missing. I (hopefully obviously) don't approve of these weirdo internet creeps that become obsessed with their e-enemies and try to destroy their lives. I don't understand that impulse for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Someone working in PR is kind of a special case in though.
    I could be missing context though since I don't give a shit about GamerGate and haven't paid much attention to them or their enemies.
    She was in marketing though.
    But Nintendo did send her here and there to streamed events. That, I think, makes her into a public figure.

Definition of whore
    : a woman who engages in sexual acts for money

How is that not a neutral term?

Are we anti-English language now?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    That's probably the context I was missing. I (hopefully obviously) don't approve of these weirdo internet creeps that become obsessed with their e-enemies and try to destroy their lives. I don't understand that impulse for a moment.
    What makes it especially ridiculous is that she's actually fairly on the side of the people mad at Treehouse. You get a lot of the same people pissed that Nintendo America tons down the underage sexuality on imported games calling her a pedo for advocating greater cultural relativity regarding child sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot that one
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Luftmangle View Post
    Definition of whore
    : a woman who engages in sexual acts for money

How is that not a neutral term?

Are we anti-English language now?
    Not sure why you'd think the definition means its not derogatory but you know, fuck it.

Not sure why you'd think the definition means its not derogatory but you know, fuck it.
    No, I just don't want to change or modify words in the English language that give a clear description because it might trigger someone and disrupt their "safe-space".

Harden the fuck up.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has lost all news value and is now only bickering and making some truely spectacularly bad commentary about random people. Closing this.

CLOSED.