Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

RIPOFF - 169€ for one year of NOTHING

If we assume Legion launches in July (which at this point is a pretty optimistic guess) we will have had a content drought of 13 months.
    For these 13 months we paid 169€ (13x13)!

In other words Blizzard earned money comparable to 3 1/2 full price titles without delivering ANYTHING.
    And yet they throw more F2P elements (ingame store, boosts) at their players. Absolute disgrace.

WoW has become a laughing stock, a total ripoff. It's by far the worst bang for your bucks out there - ever.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-03-31 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    Unsubscribe maybe ?

7+ Year Old Account
    lol
    its your own fault.
    why are you staying subbed during the entire thing? no one is forcing you, just unsub and be done with it.
    Last edited by Raetary; 2016-03-31 at 10:50 AM.

Formerly known as Arafal

So unsub then? If you don't feel it's worth the money don't pay, Blizz isn't holding a gun to your head.

And no, before you call me a white knight, I'm not subbed at the moment.

Only if you chose to pay.

Is Blizzard forcing you to be subbed lol?

Deleted
    It's not like you are forced to stay subbed for those 13 months, is it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say nothing, you mean no new content right?

All the content that was there didn't suddenly vanish.

ps. pay with gold or stop paying if you find nothing worth doing in the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, psst.. can I let you in a on a little secret?

You don't have to stay subbed.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    If we assume Legion launches in July (which at this point is a pretty optimistic guess) we will have had a content drought of 13 months.
    For these 13 months we paid 169€ (13x13)!

In other words Blizzard earned money comparable to 3 1/2 full price titles without delivering ANYTHING.
    And yet they throw more F2P elements (ingame store, boosts) at their players. Absolute disgrace.

WoW has become a laughing stock, a total ripoff. It's by far the worst bang for your bucks out there - ever.
    If someone tricks you in giving him money for a product you don't enjoy, that's a ripoff. If someone fully knowing that he or she doesn't like it pay for a product for 13 months straight, thzey're an idiot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    When you say nothing, you mean no new content right?

All the content that was there didn't suddenly vanish.
    No argument since I already paid for this content in the past (purchasing the addon), what you suggest is paying multiple times for the same damn content.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    ps. pay with gold or stop paying if you find nothing worth doing in the game
    Paying with gold doesn't negate the point since someone else has to pay (even more than 13€) for the system to work.

Also unsubbing is problematic for some poeple cause of guilds. You know this is a MMO after all.

No argument since I already paid for this content in the past (purchasing the addon), what you suggest is paying multiple times for the same damn content.

Paying with gold doesn't negate the point since someone else has to pay (even more than 13€) for the system to work.
    Do you have all classes maxed, on bth factions, with all raids done, all achievements done etc?

If they ripped anyone off, than those who deserve it. You sound like a core member of said club.

As someone who has been unsubscribed from this game for over two years... You need help. Why bitch just to see the text on your computer monitor? Unsub from the game if you don't like what's available. You're not entitled to anything "because you purchased the addon". That's not how MMO's work. If you're unhappy with the product, stop paying them the monthly fee and go do something else.

Otherwise, if you continue to give them money during those 13 months and bitch about the lack of content the whole time, then you really need to re-examine the choices in life that have led you to this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    So here comes the obvious response:

You've completed everything there is to do in the game prior to the 13 months of no new content?
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Deleted
    unfortunately you technically pay for access to the servers, not for content on said servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubscribe? If you feel like you are not getting your monies worth? I completed my shipyard, finished Tanaan, camped rares, completed HC raiding. That was just before Christmas and I've not been subscribed since then. I'll rejoin for the pre-patch.

You do´t seem to understand that your subsription is for server acces and not for new content.

If you have done all there is to do for you. Unsubsribe. It´s as easy as that and even what blizzard expects a lot of players to do.
    There is no way in hell they could produce content faster then it is consumed. A new raid every 2 weeks maybe?

Having a content draught that is this long is definitly not fine. But it´s on you to show them that it´s not good. And there is only one way to really show them. And that is unsubscribe. Subsribing with tokens may work for the individual. But it doesn´t send a message to Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Do you have all classes maxed, on bth factions, with all raids done, all achievements done etc?
    I bet he hasn't even cleared all CMs.

Also unsubbing is problematic for some poeple cause of guilds. You know this is a MMO after all.
    while i have only really been in two guilds, once content is cleared they have been pretty cool about letting people unsubscribe while there is nothing new to do.

if you quit while your guild is still progressing, then sure.. that is a jerk move. but if your guild is still progressing.. why are you complaining there is no new content? finish the content you have already?

as others have said, when it comes down to it you are the only choosing to pay. if you genuinely believe blizzard is cheating you out of your money or not delivering, take them to small claims court (but just as a hint, you will lose).