Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Saw it in the news weeks ago, old news by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    It depends on the cause.

If it was to make people discernibly more professional looking, then it's fine.
    If it was done so that the new Muslim arrivals to the region wouldn't be offended (Hint: This is the actual reason), then fuck everyone involved with or responsible for this decision.
    Read the part where it was revived, dress codes have existed for a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    That's pretty normal at least around my office.
    That skirt is now banned in the Nieuw-West office.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    (http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...uncil-offices/)

Just so you know a bit more about the trend in Europe.
    I'll be sympathetic when it will be acceptable for me to wear shorts at the office in summer. Also it's a "trend" in the Nieuw-West office. I'm pretty fucking sure there's no such "trend" in Madrid, Spain where I happen to live, and which also happens to be in Europe.

I would love if they would actually have a dress code for public servants here. Most of the times the people I have to interact with are dressed like I'm dressed when I'm sitting at home gaming on a lazy Sunday. At least they should be expected to wear decent pajamas, not the shitty ones.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2016-03-31 at 09:46 PM.

I'm going to have to start tracking the faux outrage topics on Gen OT using algebra soon, I'm so overwhelmed I've lost count at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh professional dress code is always unfair for the guys anyway.

Female still have plenty of options whereas men generally are stuck with shirts and ties and that's it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They listed the actual reason. It had nothing to do with Muslims. What you're doing here is no different than seeing that your milk has spoiled, and blaming "the Jews" for it.
    Actually reading all the comments, about looking at womens cloth and how "the blood stays in one place" you could even say thats not a "problem" to one specific cultural background...