Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Looking For People

So I've played WoW for a very long time now, and I used to play it at a fairly high level PvP-wise until WoD, where everyone I knew quit and the premade finder system (more fitting name is "retard finder") is no help. I've got my links in my sig for details.

I've tried all the MMORPGs I can think of out there.

I tried SWTOR, the game had a lot of potential. The thing it was lacking for me was an actual "world", and this is where I feel most other MMORPGs fall short too. In WoW I like being able to just fly around when I'm bored and go killing people in their own cities and whatnot. You can actually find people out in the world and it feels a lot more "real". The PvP in the game was very, very bad in my experience, probably the worst one I've encountered. Seemed very unbalanced and it was just generally boring.

Elder Scrolls Online was very similar, at least SWTOR had a few redeeming points (it was fun as a single player game) but in my opinion ESO had none. Very boring questline, linear zones and leveling system (the opposite of what elder scrolls is) and a very boring PvP system that revolves around one instanced zone in the middle of the map that's nearly always one sided in different groups.

Guild Wars 2 is the one that stood out for me, I really enjoyed the PvP in it, and I was sort of able to pick it up A LOT quicker than my experiences with the other games. The problem is for me was that I found it was too hard to get into any sort of community. I couldn't find anyone in the game to play with. Everyone seems to think they are some sort of celebrity and you're beneath them. The World PvP aspect I didn't really enjoy, which was a big selling point of the game, I believe. But I did really enjoy the standard 5v5s, they seemed fairly balanced and the combat system is more reaction based than button mashing based, which I feel adds more skillcap and opportunities for outplaying.

I tried ArcheAge a bit too, but I can't stand the "anime"-type graphics. Same with this new one "Black Desert"

Looking at the direction the devs are pushing WoW in, with ability pruning and class-gutting/homogenization it's never going to be good again. I'd enjoy it if I got to play it, but as it stands my spec is currently unviable in the only bracket I enjoy (RBGs) and probably won't be viable again. Even if I rerolled, I don't know anyone anymore.

I'd really like to get into GW2 but I don't know anyone that plays it. I really felt like I improved a lot in the short time I played it (was 1v1ing a lot with people who'd played it for years, but as I know with WoW, time doesn't = skill at all) and I received a lot of comments like "woah, you've only been playing a couple weeks?" Is there anyone out there that could possibly help me out with this? A guild and a group to play with / help me learn quicker? I'm from the UK so I'll be playing on EU servers. Be cool if other people were from there too for communication reasons. I did find one guild a while ago, but they were a bit too "serious" for me and didn't seem very good for the amount of effort they put in to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can tell you that in pvp you'll find "bad players" until you hit diamond-high ruby for pvp, this is my first time "dedicated" to pvp (played only ~50 ranked matches this season in my entire stay in gw2 and 40 of them have been this season with a 80~% winrate) so you might not want to take my word for it, but most players i tend to play with agree with that statement, even say that ruby isn't even good due to bad pvping mechanics in conquest.

1v1 in gw2 is not the core of the pvp style, it's conquest and it differs in strategy styles, for example a revenant can wreck shit up in 1v1 if he's against a non boon cleanser/boon corrupter or against an engi, if you're playing dragonhunter for example you can expect to win most of your matches from amber up to high emerald-low sapphire.

You could try learning condireaper, it's quite good atm (albeit a bit too tanky and boring imo). Heard condimesmer is making a comeback in high levels
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've not really got a problem with knowing what to play, it's just finding people to play with. No point playing an MMO with an impossible to get into community.

I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND what's your ingame tag
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

okok i'll pester you if/when we're on at the same time
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.