10+ Year Old Account

Doug walker "Save The Fair Use"

Anyone who knows the nostalgia critic, I've been following what he got started in the 'wheres the fair use' campaign, with everyone from IHE to angry Joe to dozens of other youtubers fighting against the messed up system of corporatings harassing content creators on youtube and removing tweets people make all under a system that was invented in 1998 that doesn't fit in todays media.

anyone on board with this simply has to go to the address below, fill in name, email and post code, and post the pre written letter thats been written up to be sent to washington in order to fight against the DMCA.

https://www.takedownabuse.org/

Seriously guys, anyone whos has had enough of false dmcas being put on content creators, corporations taking down videos and websites because of corporate greed, nows a time to get something sent against it. Just take a 30 seconds to follow the link, put your name and details in, and send it out.

Get on that shit people!

When it happened to him, I was surprised, then the guys at DBZ abridged had their entire channel removed (and pretty much their entire business) and I pretty much couldn't believe how nonsensical this program is.

I am a content creator as well (Screenwriting,content editor,author etc...) and for years wanted to bring some of my ideas to the internet; particularly YouTube. But after reading the nonsense they have to deal with, it's pushed me further and further away from ever bringing this to their platform. And it's not like I am going to be looking to make money off others ideas, I'm just afraid of "WHAT" might be considered copyright infringement (that really isn't).
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    When it happened to him, I was surprised, then the guys at DBZ abridged had their entire channel removed (and pretty much their entire business) and I pretty much couldn't believe how nonsensical this program is.

I am a content creator as well (Screenwriting,content editor,author etc...) and for years wanted to bring some of my ideas to the internet; particularly YouTube. But after reading the nonsense they have to deal with, it's pushed me further and further away from ever bringing this to their platform. And it's not like I am going to be looking to make money off others ideas, I'm just afraid of "WHAT" might be considered copyright infringement (that really isn't).
    Which really is another reason why this shit has to be dealt with, if like you say content creators are afraid to even make content, it stifles the freedom of expression this was designed to be made for.

I was actually about to post a thread on this myself.

I have seen this system abused many times in the past. From independent video game creators having their OWN GAMES footage be claimed by some random third party and their videos taken down, to Parody music videos being threatened with lawsuits by the original artists (Parody is 100% fair use!) to the point where they had to completely change the songs in order to prevent a takedown.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

It really is a mess. I sent them a message. It seems like every day one of my favorite youtubers is dealing with some shmuck doling out false DMCAs just because they don't like the content for one reason or another. Or hell, just because they can. Especially reviewers of anything.

It wouldn't be OK to get someone SWATTED because you don't like them any more than this. Ripping their whole source of income away with absolutely no consequences for the false DMCA sender. It's basically "guilty until proven innocent."

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I was actually about to post a thread on this myself.

I have seen this system abused many times in the past. From independent video game creators having their OWN GAMES footage be claimed by some random third party and their videos taken down, to Parody music videos being threatened with lawsuits by the original artists (Parody is 100% fair use!) to the point where they had to completely change the songs in order to prevent a takedown.
    But don't take his word for it, we have examples.

Exhibit A: "Revenge: now an original music video, rather than a parody. (Nowhere near as catchy )
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-04-01 at 12:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It really is a mess. I sent them a message. It seems like every day one of my favorite youtubers is dealing with some shmuck doling out false DMCAs just because they don't like the content for one reason or another. Or hell, just because they can. Especially reviewers of anything.

It wouldn't be OK to get someone SWATTED because you don't like them any more than this. Ripping their whole source of income away with absolutely no consequences for the false DMCA sender. It's basically "guilty until proven innocent."

But don't take his word for it, we have examples.

Exhibit A: "Revenge: now an original music video, rather than a parody. (Nowhere near as catchy )
    That is exactly the artist I was talking about, btw.

He also had to redo T.N.T.

Here is the original version of Revenge:

Usher threatened him with a LAWSUIT if he did not change or take down the song. Which is absolutely BS. The song is a Parody, and is 100% legal. If it went to court CaptainSparklez would have won, but he couldn't take it to court because of the massive court fees that would have been involved. So he was basically unable to defend himself against this abuse, even though he was 100% in the right.
    Last edited by Keile; 2016-04-01 at 12:38 AM.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    why make a parody of usher when his music is complete shit and a parody in itself, isnt usher the one who got justin bieber into the music industry cos if he did then he deserves all the shit he gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    fair use doesn't really exist in the u.s. or japan. their weak laws either don't offer enough protection or in the case of japan the concept of fair use DOES NOT EXIST.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    why make a parody of usher when his music is complete shit and a parody in itself, isnt usher the one who got justin bieber into the music industry cos if he did then he deserves all the shit he gets.
    Because he was able to make a song better than the original :P

Usher probably got upset that some Youtuber improved his music.