Can this group kill Gorefiend?

Finished 13/13M on my horde main (not as RL) and dropped to 1 night/week so I'm running on my Alliance alt in friends group now and they're expecting me to guide them through the rest of HFC sitting at 7/13M with no Gore kill.

Looking at the numbers and digging through their button mashing, can we kill Gorefiend? Logs of the first 5:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

1. At the current numbers, will Gorefiend be killable w them? Main concern is even if all mechanics are done perfectly (will take much time), some DPS are super low so I think if they get picked for stomach duty it'll cause adds to overwhelm the outside, especially if multiple low DPS are picked in a row

2. I don't know all of the classes to comment on what they're doing wrong, wrong gear, specs, talents etc. Would love people to dig out issues. I only know warlock, warrior and pally enough to comment

3. On another note, we have a skip to upstairs and have Soc & Iskar down. Had 20 min left one night so we went to Zakuun and I wanted to test their ST burst with lust and rings on pull:
    IMO seems ultra low for the majority of them, or are my expectations just too high? Likely will need to do multiple group banishes and no lust on pull w them right?
    Last edited by Astynax; 2016-04-01 at 07:55 PM.

They can kill Gorefiend, no issues. It'll just take 2x feasts (and possibly some of the third P1) to do it. The hard part is going to be controlling mechanics, not meeting dps checks (as a note, people ran close to the 10 minute enrage timer on HHC on first kills, yet those guilds could kill Gorefiend in time aswell. The logs you're showing has council kills at 6 minutes. It should be downright *easy* to beat gorefiend's enrage).

As for the Fel Lord logs, for one, bloodlust is being popped 5 seconds into the fight meaning first dps ring is losing 33% lust uptime. So ofc their burst is gonna be shittier than usual.
    That being said, it's likely you'll need to just treat bosses like what they *are* for this group - progress. Judging by the numbers with lust on Fel Lord, you can get away with sending 2x groups down, doing 1x unarmed phase, and pushing boss right after; Obviously save bloodlust and ring for when the boss hits 30%, and watch him absolutely melt. Tons of immunities, so going down really shouldn't be an issue.

Deleted
    Dps of some players is low for the ilvl there have. But don't know if there miss some key items for higer dps. But dps is for gorefiend oke. I have look back for my own first kill and that was almost enrage. See https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done how the dps was. Keep in mind that the logs are old.

Main's first kill was Oct 1 at ~720 ilvl but everyone was still 76k+ getting 2.25 feasts to clear.

W this group, I took Kilrogg to be the DPS comparison since there's so many target swaps and moving adds similar to Gorefiend, but putting some of our strongest DPS into visions let them carry the group. Target swapping is really killing damage despite the sub 10 min HHC kill timer as a comparison, and with target swaps + short time to kill the adds I'm expecting some people to be 30k DPS in the stomach

This was one of their nights w Gore without me there

The only other night with me there

For gear they all have full heroic tier, ring, and trinkets at a minimum with bits of Mythic stuff mixed in
    Last edited by Astynax; 2016-04-01 at 09:54 PM.

I personally think your focus is wrong.

Gorefiend isn't a dps check. It's a mechanics and common sense check. Can you spread for his aoe? Can you break links without people falling over because you were tunneling the boss? Can you actually recognize you have doom and drop it in the right place - also not right next to the other 2 people so you fall over dead from its aoe?

Then the most important part - can you control the souls without letting people die to digest - or just as bad having people mongo them out after 3 seconds because of chimera shot or silly cleave abilities.

Can people swap to constructs quickly? Can they do decent damage to them in the belly? Can healers heal the essences well in the belly? And so on.

If you can get to the feast consistently then you can kill the boss. Most people wiping on gorefiend have problems getting to the feast for a whole combination of the reasons I mentioned above. I'd be emphasizing tactics and awareness over output. Of course output helps but its secondary imo.

As many others said gorefiend is not a dps check. My group have fairly worst dps and we are at 12/13 m

730 avg should be able to clear 13/13. I mean, most had lower than that on their first clears.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    730 avg should be able to clear 13/13. I mean, most had lower than that on their first clears.
    No they didn't - stop talking shit.

World ~500 guilds were 730. Since we're closing in on 1400 kills its safe to say "most" are in fact higher. How bout you do some fact checking instead of relying on hyperbole?

ilvl means nothing when people dont use it properly and do what people were capable of in 710s. i could be full BiS 740+ and play like LFR, doesnt mean things will just automatically die

As long as you have the co-ordination, Gorefiend should be no worries!

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    No they didn't - stop talking shit.

World ~500 guilds were 730. Since we're closing in on 1400 kills its safe to say "most" are in fact higher. How bout you do some fact checking instead of relying on hyperbole?
    Where are you getting this from? Checking Wowprog for our first kill (574 rank) we had 719 ilvl. That's not even close to 730, I don't think we hit those ilvl's until much later (with the VP upgrades). And what's more the fight got nerfed since then :P

Edit: Ooh no that was about Archimonde, my bad. Was thinking, there's no way we had that sort of gear for Gorefiend :P :P
    Last edited by Summer; 2016-04-04 at 08:01 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    People not breaking raid members in the stomach out early imo is the most important part of the fight. DPS shouldn't really matter unless they cant kill the adds fast enough.

this was our setup for prog

5 healers (always 3 on the outside)

2 dps full-time on the soul breaking (enh + ret pally) (everyone else didnt run with cleave trinkets / abilities)

making sure everyone understood that 2 adds at 35% was better than one dead and one at 70% (both dps and healers)

dps on boss was never the issue - fast forwards 6 months and we have to deal with everyone running soul caps / legendary rings and hoping ppl dont get excited getting ppl out too quickly hahahaha while still trying to do the boss in one feast

Learn some of the basic things to look at on logs for the raiders to help them for example:

Diartemis (https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...done&source=14)

He only used 7 Chimaera Shots in a 1 min. 47 sec. fight he could have gotten 11. So he missed 4 which is a huge chunk of his damage. Worst yet you guys did burn strat yet his uptime on Sniper Training was only 53.41% - it should be at minimum 90% if doing the burn strat, a little lower is fine if they are really being nice and soaking a lot of purple waves near the end but usually a hunter would soak the pillars. Tell him what Sniper Training is and that moving severely reduces his damage he needs to stand absolutely still unless he has to move for a mechanic. When he does move he needs to try and plan it to only have to move for 3 seconds max.

He also bursts wrong (shouldn't be holding his cds should just pop them all with ring immediately and blow the boss up, get as many aimed shots out and keep chimaera on cd). He also did not second pot, but he should probably wait for his 2nd set of 2 minute cds on a fight like Fel Lord and line it up with the ring.

You've got a mage in there who is frost which is pointless, and you 4 healed Fel Lord while trying to do burn strat when you should be 3 or 2 healing it.

Your raid should focus on helping each person improve individually. Hook your worst players up with people who are pretty good at the class and show them a few things as it'll have a big affect on their damage and skill. It'll take time for them to learn their classes better but there is always hope.