Grimrail Depot Challenge Mode

I've recently started a group to get through the challenge modes and we're planning to (hopefully) do Grimrail Depot tonight.
    I've read about reflecting the slag blast on Nitrogg to kill him in one cannon shot but I've been trying to replicate this (at least getting the debuff on him) in HC/Mythic whenever I'm in one but I can't seem to get it to work so I was wondering if anyone has any insight into how it works from what I can work out I think it could be one of two things.

First: I'm just doing it wrong - I drop grounding totem then run into the slag blast - Should I be casting grounding once the fire has spawned or before and should the group already be inside it? - Could the grouding totem instead be getting eaten by someone standing in the bad things?

Second: The weakaura I'm using to track it is wrong - Could the weakaura that I've set up is looking for the buff on the wrong target? - Currently it looks for the Slag Blast debuff on Assault cannon as the specific target I've also got another one in a massive weakaura string for challenge modes that looks for Slag Blast on Boss1 as the specific target

Any help you can give on this would be appreciated

iirc they fixed it so you can't ground that anymore.

Did this a few weeks ago. We waited for the fire to spawn then dropped totem & ran into the blast. You can manually see the stack count on the cannon by targetting it.

May have been fixed since then? but seems unlikely.

You were using the glyph... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

You just have to drop grounding before anyone has taken a stack of the debuff. If someone has taken a stack that person will not be able to reflect any stacks on the boss.

Here's how you do it:
    • Have one person assigned to the cannon (healer or someone who can drop aggro, hunter / rogue / mage). This person picks up the drops from the first two mobs that spawn.
    • Drop grounding just after the boss has finished his Slag Blast cast.
    • The person assigned to the cannon waits for the boss to start targeting someone for Focus Fire (ignore this if healer, you can just jump into the cannon right after the Slag Blast cast). If the cast is on assigned person, drop aggro and jump into the cannon.
    • 2 people run into the fire. Do some dmg to the boss (around 5%).
    • Shoot at 8-9 stacks.
    • Position the boss so that you can hit it with the fire from the cannon.
    • Blast the boss.
    • Win.
    Last edited by Lillpapps; 2016-04-05 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    iirc they fixed it so you can't ground that anymore.
    They reverted the fix pretty quickly because it was a completely stupid thing to fix after letting it go for a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillpapps View Post
    You just have to drop grounding before anyone has taken a stack of the debuff. If someone has taken a stack that person will not be able to reflect any stacks on the boss.

Here's how you do it:
    • Have one person assigned to the cannon (healer or someone who can drop aggro, hunter / rogue / mage). This person picks up the drops from the first two mobs that spawn.
    • Drop grounding just after the boss has finished his Slag Blast cast.
    • The person assigned to the cannon waits for the boss to start targeting someone for Focus Fire (ignore this if healer, you can just jump into the cannon right after the Slag Blast cast.
    • 2 people run into the fire. Do some dmg to the boss (around 5%).
    • Shoot at 8-9 stacks.
    • Position the boss so that you can hit it with the fire from the cannon.
    • Blast the boss.
    • Win.
    Just tried this and it worked perfectly thank you!

The weakaura still isn't working though unfortunately and I can't work out why - The target is set as assault cannon with the buff being slag blast which looked like it was correct?

Deleted
    Actually did Grimrail on Sunday for CMs. Can confirm the grounding totem tactic still works.

You can't use the grounding totem glyph in mythic dungeons, but you still can in CMs. Tried using the grounding totem with glyph in Auchindoun for the first boss' light on the ground, the skellies for Ner'zhul in SMBG, the fire from the cannon boss in Grimrail, and the last boss in Grimrail to be immune to the lightning on the ground. None of which worked. Not sure, about normal heroics.

Here's the WA link I'm aware of (from the BIS google docs spreadsheet). I haven't tested it myself. http://pastebin.com/SL2QFVDw