Poll: Would 1,000,000 gold be acceptable to fly pre-patch 1 of Legion?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I think that this is a pointless topic.

Number 1: Blizz is never, ever going to make flight cost 1million gold, ever. Number 2: the amount required for flight in vanilla was high for the time, but nowhere near "1 million gold adjusted for inflation" as you're suggesting. Not even remotely close.
    I guess you havent played during vanilla, perhaps i'm wrong but who knows you might not remember thigs like i do.
    Repair now costs 50g when you die just repair!! I get from one garrison on average 500g daily with 20sec of time invested, do you know what you had to do and how much time you had to invest in order to get 500g in vanilla or TBC. If i remember right 600g was the price of epic ground skill, for most players that was a HUGE investment, i still remember seeing players without that while i used to do Wintergrasp during WotLK. Having 10k gold was a dream for most players in WotLK now you can earn that gold in <60min

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    And frankly, its just a plain dumb-ass idea to suggest that paying a million gold is somehow better than an achievement which people can complete in a few weeks. I came back from a 6 month hiatus, and had flight 15 days later despite very little progress toward the meta. So yeah.

Its ironic that you ask us not to make this another debate about flight, but that's exactly what you're doing. You're proposing that paying a million gold is somehow less miserable than a meta achievement.
    Lets see, I have 13 characters on lvl 100 with full Garrison, inn, salvage yard ( i'm keeping chests and will open them if they introduce transmog bank or whats the name before legion ), that gives me about 6000g daily just from missions or 40K+ each week, i have 12 inscribers that are making cards and I flip 5000-7000 cards weekly, profit is 4g per card on a long run, so thats 20-28k each week from that, or 60k profit with 15min invested daily, thats 240k each month just from that.
    Last edited by markos82; 2016-04-02 at 12:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No .
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    normally i'd agree with stricter flying requirements but this isn't practical, people with the gold to do this surprisingly are in the minority, and would just lead to senseless bashing.

however exploration requirements similar to WoD would be okay for me in addition to the quests and/or rep requirements too, its always been a max level convenience for once you've done everything related to that anyway so you should hit max level having done the requirements anyway

unless there is a gold squish, that number should be like 10 mil or another currency.

Not unless the next expansion further inflates gold to the equivalent that 1,000,000g is 10,000g or so. And if that happens...So help me fucking god.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I want an epic questline somewhere in 7.1 or 7.2 that rewards Flying. Not just an achievement you get, but an actual epic questline. Ty
    I want that too (for 7.1). Just like they promised us for WoD.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    1 million gold now is the same as 5k was for epic flying back in TBC. In fact it was probably harder to get 5k back then than 1 million now.
    Going by the illegal gold price, I'd say it's more the equivalent of 200k (at least on EU).

15+ Year Old Account
    No:

1. It will basically make the game pay to win. Giving those who have the 1,000,000g a ridiculous advantage over those without it and promote exactly the sort o behavior Blizzard wants to avoid.

2. I don't think you quite realize just how few people have that kind of gold (the average per max level character is like 20,000g or something), or even make it over the lifetime of their account...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Deleted
    No. It should be done via achievements. I like the WOD model, except that we have to wait until the last content patch. And we even had to wait for some weeks there. I had the achievement and reputation needed before I could actually fly. Something like complete all quests in every zone = you can fly, seems good. That makes you explore stuff, and there is a clear progression path, with no rng quests or anything.

Deleted
    No, flying is core to World of Warcraft.
    It should be there like in TBC and WotlK as a reward to get to max level.

I think an achievement is sufficient, we don't want anyone flying at the start of the expac - that changes the dynamic too much.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    No, flying is core to World of Warcraft.
    It should be there like in TBC and WotlK as a reward to get to max level.
    Er, you had to pay for the flying skill, he is suggesting the same thing only to apply inflation to current state.If not million at least 200-300k should flying skill cost,

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering this would screw over new players and returning players who skipped out on the utter diarrhea-splatter that was WoD, and thus don't have a gold-capped character sitting around printing more money, I'd really just rather they focus on making Legion Pathfinder less tedious, dull, and eye-gougingly boring than Draenor Pathfinder: Please Artificially Inflate Our World Content Completion Rates.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think an achievement is sufficient, we don't want anyone flying at the start of the expac - that changes the dynamic too much.
    "we"?
    Who's "we"?
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Deleted
    Far too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    "we"?
    Who's "we"?
    I was wondering the same thing since I don't remember giving him the right to speak in my name....

nope! there is still a lot of people who hardly even have 100k, it's not that they are not trying, it's the fact that, they don't need that much amount of gold. some may be trying, yeh sure there is the whole "you can get like 10k a day from Garrison" yeh.. maybe but.. as other people have said, paying cap for something like that? no.

Perhaps 500k as a fast lane way to get flying, sure.. otherwise..keep it at as an achivement with a title, just to prove you actually done the achieve rather than taken the fast lane.

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Perhaps 500k as a fast lane way to get flying, sure.. otherwise..keep it at as an achivement with a title, just to prove you actually done the achieve rather than taken the fast lane.
    And whats wrong with having two options? Rich players would pay for it, that would remove insane amount of gold from game and perhaps stabilize economy by lowering the price for items, gear and such and reduce the level of inflation and players that don't have that much gold would have to do meta in order to get it.

Deleted
    No, this is a really far-fetched question. I’d rather have an achievement to grind like in WoD as it makes you experience the content. Most players have less than 100k on a regular basis.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-04-02 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphalitz View Post
    No, this a really far-fetched question. I’d rather have an achievement to grind like in WoD as it makes you experience the content. Most players have less than 100k on a regular basis.
    What experience? Hunting a rare with 1000 other players that need it for meta? Running around skipping 1000s of mobs to "explore" the map? Picking up useless treasures or doing same daily quests for 3 weeks in order to get reputation? AMAZING EXPERIENCE!!!