Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    true point, we don't know is she knows or trusts them. imagine you fleeing a war torn country alone with your kids, you end up with a group of men you don't know, are you really going to trust them enough to let them carry your kids?
    So why would she be traveling with them if she doesn't trust them? For protection? Hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    I don't see anything that couldn't be explained reasonably... Why did you post this?

No shoes = bad pictures and skin colored shoes
    3 kids with woman = The men and women/kids are not related.
    Aaaaaaannnnnd? That doesn't absolve you of basic human decency.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Helping others is not that common in wester culture either. The world is filled with douchebags.
    Yeah but as you pointed out in western world they are scrutinized as douchebags while over there it's normal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Is this mexico's northern border?
    Let me guess, you actually think Mexican culture is comparable to ME culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Nobody knows what really happened on the photo or before. Perhaps she just took off her shoes because they stung her. Perhaps she has a wound from walking and walinkg barefoot brings some relieve to the pain. Perhaps she likes going barefoot in the rain. Perhaps she doesn't know a single one of the males. Perhaps the father was carrying the children before but now they want to be with mommy.

Without any backstory nobody can tell if there is something "wrong" in the picture. You can just make assumptions.
    So, a women is walking (with no shoes) and carrying three children and none of the men are helping (not one)- you need more information on this? Are you that desperate to defend the "character" of these male refugees that you do not see what is in front of your face?

A picture is worth a thousand words and this picture really does say it all.....

Skin colored shoes. Didn't see that coming. lol

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Let me guess, you actually think Mexican culture is comparable to ME culture.
    No way. I have worked with Mexicans- you would never see that from Mexico. It is only the ME that disrespects women to that level, yet the feminists are strangely silent.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    It is just desperation. Some posters are just desperate to defend anything that comes out of the ME so that they can pat themselves on the back for being "tolerant."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    No way. I have worked with Mexicans- you would never see that from Mexico. It is only the ME that disrespects women to that level, yet the feminists are strangely silent.......

- - - Updated - - -

It is just desperation. Some posters are just desperate to defend anything that comes out of the ME so that they can pat themselves on the back for being "tolerant."
    I have pretty much accepted that I am a "racist" by now. Calling me that really couldn't make me change my views before as people did call me that even though I clearly wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I assume that the reason you posted it was to see what bizarre rationalizations people could come up with to believe their own lyin' eyes. Some of the examples are just awesome. The thread can't last, but it's a monument to rationalization.

Helping others is not that common in wester culture either. The world is filled with douchebags.
    I help people everyday, do not assume you know about "Western Culture." I watch people give bums money everyday, give seats up on the train to women and children and the elderly. I see it ever single day without fail. No idea where you live, but if you don't see people helping each other everyday, I recommend you move to a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by Egregious View Post
    But without making baseless assumptions, how can we prove the patriarchy and abuse of women and protect our feelings while at the same time giving away our culture and countries?
    Don't even pretend they exist, the more you give credence to those ideas the more the flourish. They are cancerous ideologies and must be dealt with swiftly.

It's taken me hours of scientific research and I've involved the FBI and NASA's photo identification lab, and we finally found it. That woman appears to be out of the kitchen

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I have pretty much accepted that I am a "racist" by now. Calling me that really couldn't make me change my views before as people did call me that even though I clearly wasn't.
    I just state the truth as I know it through my experience. I have worked with many ME men and many mexicans. In my experience, the ME men are insanely disrespectful of women. The mexican guys I work with are mostly very religious, hard workers and have just as much respect for women as I do.

I can only speak from my experience.

So, a women is walking (with no shoes) and carrying three children and none of the men are helping (not one)- you need more information on this? Are you that desperate to defend the "character" of these male refugees that you do not see what is in front of your face?

A picture is worth a thousand words and this picture really does say it all.....
    A picture is worth a thousand words I wrote in a tone I set through a lens I credit.

Fixed it for you.
    GM of <Invictus>
    Co-Founder of www.classicwow.live
    Co-Author of the Navak & Egregious 1-60 Horde & Alliance Leveling Guide
    Discord: Egregious#7439
    Twitch
    YouTube

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I assume that the reason you posted it was to see what bizarre rationalizations people could come up with to believe their own lyin' eyes. Some of the examples are just awesome. The thread can't last, but it's a monument to rationalization.
    Someone actually posted she has skin colored shoes above him, so mmya..

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    And you also see all sorts of terrible, awful things that people do to one another. I could just as easily take a photo of one of those and paint "western culture" with it.

So no, I don't really like all of these little xenophobic, "Look at how bad those guys are, but we're awesome" snipes.
    You really see that in a western Country? I have lived in the West my whole life and have never seen anything like that. That would disgust me, I would stand up- give the woman my shoes- offer to helop her with the children and repremand every man around me for not doing the same.

I am sorry that you live in such a miesrable place that you don't see how men help women everyday. Once again, I would suggest moving to a better place,

As for the "we're awesome," two things:

1) I don't care if you think my culture is awesome or I am awesome. I just do what I think is the right thing (according to how I was raised) regardless of what anybody thinks.

2) Hey, if that is how other cultures treat women, then we are "awesome!" Because what I saw in that photo is insanely pathetic and those men should be really embarassed. There is such a thing as basic human decency. It goes beyond the sexes/ cultures. If I saw a man struggling like that, I would help him too. regardless of culture/r ace/ sex whatever-

We are talking about a human being, but keep defending them,_ I am sure you are very "tolerant" and not "racist."

I would even help you if you were struggling and no, you don't have to thank me for the help- it is how my mother raised me...
    Last edited by Alydael; 2016-04-02 at 03:10 PM.

And? I already gave several explanations. I could even add another: "Hey you, aren't you glad that you found these men helping you and your children?" "Yes, very. It was really hard before, I had to carry them all alone." "Really, want to show that for the camera?"

I can even come up with stories that have far more than thousand words, but that still does not add any context to the given picture. Only the photographer could give that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Yeah but as you pointed out in western world they are scrutinized as douchebags while over there it's normal.
    Yeah, but we're not refugees, are we?
    Human decency goes out the window when you're fighting to survive.

Not saying parts of the world don't have crappy values but it's not always as bad as people on these forums make it out to be and we have no info about this picture.
    I sure as hell would not let 7 strange guys carry my kids. In a shitty situation likes she's in, other people are just as likely to take her kids and sell them for food as helping her carry them. Thats not a part of their culture though, thats just people being desperate.

Deleted
    I just state the truth as I know it through my experience. I have worked with many ME men and many mexicans. In my experience, the ME men are insanely disrespectful of women. The mexican guys I work with are mostly very religious, hard workers and have just as much respect for women as I do.

I can only speak from my experience.
    There is nothing wrong with calling a spade a spade. You keep beeing you. Don't let anyone tell you what's immoral and what's not, your parents already did and they did a damn fine job.

Yeah, but we're not refugees, are we?
    Human decency goes out the window when you're fighting to survive.

Not saying parts of the world don't have crappy values but it's not always as bad as people on these forums make it out to be and we have no info about this picture.
    I sure as hell would not let 7 strange guys carry my kids. In a shitty situation likes she's in, other people are just as likely to take her kids and sell them for food as helping her carry them. Thats not a part of their culture though, thats just people being desperate.
    AGAIN: If she really was afraid of that why would she travel with them i the first place? She won't stop 7 grown men from taking her children by force.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey it's a picture of some refugees that supports everything racists want to say about them! We all know this picture is perfectly representative of all refugees so there's no way we could argue that this might not actually be the case or that this could have been cropped from a larger image or taken of a group that just happened to fit what the photographer was looking for! Nope not at all! /sarcasm
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Hey it's a picture of some refugees that supports everything racists want to say about them! We all know this picture is perfectly representative of all refugees so there's no way we could argue that this might not actually be the case or that this could have been cropped from a larger image or taken of a group that just happened to fit what the photographer was looking for! Nope not at all! /sarcasm
    When the shoe fits...

Edit:
    Just realized the irony of that statement considering the context of the photo, brilliant.