Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    #triggerwarning

Food has nothing to do with you being obese, weight is simply calories vs calories out, there is no excuse for being obese, it is not something that should be promoted as an acceptable lifestyle and if we need to "shame" those that choose to live this way into looking like a human being that gives a damn about their own well-being then so be it lol
    Thats just biologically untrue, calories are not all created equal

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's the best we got.
    No it isnt. Many clinics offer cheap or completely free DEXA scans.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    And even if people are given access to fresh fruits and vegetables, if they've gone their whole lives eating nothing but processed crap, they may not even know what to do with them.

I can walk down the aisle at Kroger, see some ground turkey and a head of cabbage and go, "Hmm, I know what I can use that for." There are a lot of people who would be confused by the idea of eating one or both. In fact, they may not even know how to brown meat.
    Because kids are growing up without family structure, mom and dad both working full time, or multiple jobs to keep a roof overhead with crappy processed food in the house so that little Timmy can eat when hungry, without burning the house down.

The young adults of today are about as independent as a 9 year old 30 years ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been told by the doctors not to eat wheat products (might become something more serious, actually, since my unexplained anemia isn't improving as it should be), and let me tell you...gluten-free pasta is a rip off. >.<
    You don't have to eat pasta. Eat sweet potatoes, brown rice etc for Carbs instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't have to eat pasta. Eat sweet potatoes, brown rice etc for Carbs instead.
    Stay out of my pantry, please. Shouldn't you be at the gym?
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

I am perfectly fine with fat shaming, something unhealthy and/or disgusting should be shamed, I feel the same way towards smokers and other similar things. I am fine if someone wants to do it (smoke, get stoned, make themselves a land whale), but you should not expect or demand special treatment nor get offended if you are told it's unhealthy/gross. There are some rare cases of people with a medical problem that causes obesity, but about 98% of people who claim that are just making excuses.

I am overweight by about 50 lbs. (22.6 kg) around the middle so don't think I am some skinny person "fat shaming".

Infractions: 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    No it isnt. Many clinics offer cheap or completely free DEXA scans.
    Yeah right dude. I've never seen a clinic offering these scans. Nice try.

He's too busy protecting women from equality.

pasta is fine as long as its not filled with fructose. Starch is harmless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madethisfor1post View Post
    He's too busy protecting women from equality.
    Someone is gonna protect him right off a cliff at this rate.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    you know you could do with a bit less squash as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone is gonna protect him right off a cliff at this rate.
    but heatherrae why would you fall off a cliff tennisace is trying to protect you!
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Yeah right dude. I've never seen a clinic offering these scans. Nice try.
    I have volunteered at a number of clinics that have them. Keep trying...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you know you could do with a bit less squash as well.

- - - Updated - - -

but heatherrae why would you fall off a cliff tennisace is trying to protect you!
    Don't make me smack you.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

To all the people bitching about BMI.... is this actually a problem? Are there some people out there confused about weather their fat or not?

"I don't think I need to eat healthier ... I can still see my dick when I lay down"... No. This isn't a thing. Fat people know their fat. Nobody confused.

Whats the argument here? That the "obesity" problem is a just a rounding error or a bad scale? Walk into walmart. Walk onto a playground. See fat fucks everywhere. Done. There is an obesity problem. Move past this inconsequential argument.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't make me smack you.
    bring it kal'dorei. us sin'dorei are superior to you in every way possible. plus you fat night elfs are too fat to catch us thin mobile sin'dorei.
    *shakes sin'dorei tushie at heatherrae*
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-04-04 at 04:35 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by teddytous View Post
    To all the people bitching about BMI.... is this actually a problem? Are there some people out there confused about weather their fat or not?

"I don't think I need to eat healthier ... I can still see my dick when I lay down"... No. This isn't a thing. Fat people know their fat. Nobody confused.

Whats the argument here? That the "obesity" problem is a just a rounding error or a bad scale? Walk into walmart. Walk onto a playground. See fat fucks everywhere. Done. There is an obesity problem. Move past this inconsequential argument.
    They aren't fat though, they are curvy, it's 2016, dammit T_T

10+ Year Old Account

I fail to see how it disproves the arguments made against BMI.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawthorne Wipes View Post
    Could that be the reason why I don't have it..?
    Sprinting is great for maintaining a healty body and for building muscles. But in relatively small dozes it does pretty much nothing for losing weight. No physical workout really have much effect on weight loss unless you do it A LOT.

This thread is about obese people nedding to lose 30-50+ kilos of excessive body fat, not for regular healty people. Most are struggling to change their diet, and they dont see any results from heavy workout sessions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimreaper View Post
    Sprinting is great for maintaining a healty body and for building muscles. But in relatively small dozes it does pretty much nothing for losing weight. No physical workout really have much effect on weight loss unless you do it A LOT.

This thread is about obese people nedding to lose 30-50+ kilos of excessive body fat, not for regular healty people. Most are struggling to change their diet, and they dont see any results from heavy workout sessions.
    Well, of course, if you only sprint one or twice a week and continue with a crappy diet or a highly sedentary life, it's not gonna do much for you except tired legs.
    I agree that it's not the most suitable workout for an obese person who is not into running, but still is a great way to shed pounds if you're doing exercise without seeing results.
    And always, a good diet and leaving the sedentary life are like 80% of the success.
    "You can wear whatever costume you want for Halloween and it's totally cool but here's a list of costumes I'll shame you for and call you sexist and racist if you do wear them"
    - Laci Green 2015.

BMI doesn't take into account body composition- you get really fit, healthy rugby players classed as obese using only BMI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.