Blizzard; I’m sorry…I’m sorry…but Flexible Technology has got to go…

This is going to be the hidden fight, or the secret fight, the one that happens AFTER the final castle has fallen or after the final battle was won in the shadow. This is kind of like when the secret scene, or 2, is shown after the credits to a movie have been rolled at the theater. Or maybe, this is kind of like Final Fantasy 7, when after Sephiroth was beaten, extra stuff beyond the main game shows up. What does this make Flexible Technology, regarding the Final Fantasy 7 example? That’s when you realize: SHIT JUST GOT SERIOUS. Anywho, a few threads ago, that was a huge nuke, and that was supposed to be the battle against Sephiroth. If it took a huge nuke to take out Sephiroth, and you tried to use this same nuke to kill Emerald and Ruby weapon, what happens? They stomp on you. Literally, Emerald Weapon, it will stomp on you. Then what does that make this thread if nukes are inefficient? You realize: SHIT JUST GOT EVEN MORE SERIOUS. Yes, Flexible Technology is Emerald and Ruby weapons, so the following thread shouldn’t be a surprise if it seems to be at a destructive level beyond nukes. It’s like using the power of the sun, we’re beyond nukes now… Yes, we’re going to be in for a long fight, 20:00. You might want to put on your seatbelt as this is going to be quiet a rollercoaster ride.

If a dev who implemented Flexible Technology ends up reading this, I think they’re going to go, “what??? I implemented Flexible Technology, and it does this???”...”LOL”. Yes…

---------
    Anywho, Blizzard, I was always convinced of the Group Finder. The Group Finder is one of those things which is similar to the “best friends at first sight” kind of a thing. Just imagine you’re going to a party, and you don’t know anyone there. When you get to the party, you run into a guy, and all of a sudden, you two embrace and go, “Yo my home boy”, or whatever this probably doesn’t happen in real life at all. Then after leaving the party, you guys are best friends for life. He becomes your best man at your wedding. This is what the Group Finder is. I think the GF, along with any associated cross-realm technologies to make it work, is like the best thing ever. The Group Finder is like the second coming of Jesus…I mean…I mean…<.<…>.>….< .>…if you believe in that kind of stuff that is…I only write this cause of current events (Easter IRL + Noblegarden in game). You hear ultra-orthodox transmoggers out there, I hope you learn by now that transmoggers are crazy and cannot be trusted because they destroy this game, say “oh the destruction of the community is killing this game”, “No community equals the death of WoW”, or something like “oh CRZ is killing this this game, please remove it”…Blizzard, these are crazy ultra-orthodox people who are trying to hold onto the days of 2000 people per sever. They’re insane. They’re like Amish people who want to use horses rather than farm tractors and oil lamps rather than electricity. You never hear me complain about “CRZ killing WoW” or “lack of community killing the game” because these things aren’t problems or are problems at all that kill WoW. You just listen to ME about what problems are killing WoW and ignore the transmoggers. They tell you to do things and make up reasons that destroy WoW. For an example, removing CRZ will probably kill WoW. The transmoggers doesn’t know anything. Right now, they’re all like “give people incentives to quest in group by giving extra xp or something”. No, lol, Blizzard, no this will only screw things up. Everyone, or like 95% of players, are just solo mercenary who will group up when they have too to kill Hogger, so put a few of these in but not too many or not make them too regular, and/or so they can work together in the common interest of pillaging mind bending loot. Anyways, I see the Group Finder as like a guild. I mention it before as the <Group Finder> guild. Maybe it’s not like that, but the Group Finder makes you feel like you’re playing in a server that has 15,000,000 people in it. So when you go outside, there’s 15,000,000 people out there in the world trying to pick herbs and mine ores. The Group Finder makes me feel like the world is so alive, there’s so many denizens, never running out of people to group with, but there is especially an endless audience for you to show off your mind bending loot too. Yes, this is my chief concern while playing an MMORPG, to show off eye melting loots to people. The more people there are the better. So the more people, like 15 million, doing non-faceroll heroics of gather and AoE, that means 15 million people for me to show-off my loot to. There’s 15 million herbalists out in the world who I can run up to and spam my “YO LOOT AT MY LOOT” macro, well not exactly like that… I just stand next to their quest mob. Yes, the Group Finder is an absolutely GOD sent, there is absolutely no wrongs with it, and all who developed this feature and associated technologies to make it possible are geniuses. The Group Finder feels like a piece of 2016 technological advancement kind of a thing, one of those unprecedented breakthroughs. You’ll not find me among those insane ultra-orthodox transmoggers wanting to hold to the days of 4,000 people a server, with server reputation, and living in the past. Oh no. Not me. No sir.

However, the Flexible Technology, it’s different. It’s like another guy at the same party which you went to that the Group Finder is at (and you met, you + the Group Finder). The Flexible Technology is that mysterious guy who is leaning against the table with his butt while standing at a slanted position and sipping wine next to the window. He’s this mysterious guy you’re suspicious of. I am COMPLETELY 100% convinced of the Group Finder, but when it comes to Flexible Technology, I’m not immediately sold right away. I look at it like I look at the guy leaning next to the window with my eyes squinted, extra suspicious, and extra unconvinced, (please let this not mean anything towards real life as that guy in real life could probably be a good guy…or he could not, who knows, oh the suspension, the uncertainty, just roll the DICE, real life is hard). One half of the time, I dislike Flexible Technology, the other half, I am okay with it. It’s that kind of not convinced kind of a thing. I wasn’t sure why at first, but now I know why. I mean, it was just so well disguised that even I missed it when I wrote some of my bigger complaint threads about WoW. Now that I know what’s wrong with it, I’ll try to explain below, and you hope you’ll remove it. YOU HAVE TO. It’s URGENT and dangerous.

So anyways, Blizzard, have you ever fought a DRAGON, I love fighting dragons especially if they drop huge loot like a huge ass epic 2-hand sword or a shiny epic 1-hand sword in WoW; god I love shiny loot, and you wonder why does, on a specific day, that dragon takes 21 people to kill meanwhile on a different day, the dragon takes 10 or 11 people to kill instead? What’s the reason for this? I mean sure you can subconsciously assume that on the day you’re fighting the dragon with 10 or 11 people, maybe one or 2 of the people is a hero, and he is carrying the group. On the other day, when it takes 21 people, it takes this many people because the 21 people are mostly average adventurers so it takes more man power to kill the dragon, but that’s not how I see it. If it had been convincing like that, then I wouldn’t be making this thread AT ALL. Seriously. But I made this thread, so things aren’t as easily and straight forward as it had seen. In my mind, I think, but what if on the day when it takes 21 people, everyone all has blue gear, and on the day when it takes 10 or 11 people, everyone also all mostly have blue gear too? Or equal in gear as the day the 21 people are fighting? Then why does on the day when it takes 21 people to fight the dragon you need 10 more people when on a different day it takes 10 less people? Yet both days take roughly the same amount of time to kill the dragon. See? things are starting to go south.

I mean, there isn’t a wooden board in Stormwind with SI:7 intelligence posts saying “the dragon is sick today, bring 10 people” or “The dragon looks like a muscular kangaroo today, bring 20” or “The dragon looks healthy, bring 15” to keep the immersion. No it’s not like that at all. Even so, if there are SI:7 boards in Stormwind, this wouldn’t change anything as Flexible Technology will still exist. Let’s take a look at the following things:

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30.

What do you see? Yes, you start to see what I call “rapidly multiples”, but the problem isn’t as big and as in your face as it initially seems when you look at this long line of number; however, things are no less dangerous. The problems are divided into different fragmented groups which I will explain shortly to you what they are.

Chieftly, the main course of the danger, like in term of food serving context, is in these numbers: 10, 11, 14, 15, 19, and 20, and maybe even 21. What do you see? 6 or 7 numbers, yes. What are these numbers? These numbers are what I call “the most common” numbers adventurers usually band up in when attempting to kill dragons while utilizing the Flexible Technology. So if you were to join a party, the party will most likely end up trying to kill the dragon with these many people. So today, you’ll try to kill the dragon with 10 other people, so 11 in total; tomorrow, 18 other people, so 19 in total; the day after that, 13 other people, so 14 people; or maybe all 6 or 7 different party types in one day. So what’s the problem? The problem is that while you’re doing this, you’re “aware” of the other 5 or other 6 modes that you’ll most commonly end up in. How many is 6 or 7 more than 4 (LFR, Normal, Heroic, Mythic)? 2 or 3 more by basic math. Then you start to see the danger, but that’s not EVEN CLOSE to when the dangers end. These 6 or 7 common group numbers are the modes you’re mostly aware of.

The “second course” is these numbers: 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19. See? What are these dangers? They’re called “feelsweirdman” numbers. When you open the party tab and see you’re 1 guy in a group with 4 other empty slots or you’re one of 2 guys, and there are three other empty slots, and realize you’re in a party of 11 or 12 or 13 people, then you have a “feelsweirdman” feeling being in a party with such a number. I’m merely using this phrase because I’ve been seeing a lot of people on the forums lately using the phrase “feelsbadman” for some reasons, especially when discussing E-sport PvP or something like that. BUT, the dangers still do not end. What is next?

Next, are the numbers between 20-30. So 21, 22, 23, 24, 26, 27, 28, 29. What’s the danger here? The danger here is that these numbers are both “feelscaryman” and “feelsweirdman” numbers at the same time. What do I mean by this? What I mean is, imagine you’re stuck deep in the sea and stranded on a wooden raft. How do you feel? It feels scary right? Yep, this range of number 21-29, are “feelscaryman” number because 99% of the groups never get more people than 20 or so, and even 20 is still uncommon. When you land in a group like this, it feels “scary” because you think the boss have like 800k HP or 800,000k HP or something like that, and also they’re “feelsweirdman” number. Like for an example, what if you land in a group with 26 people or 27 people or 22 or 23? The number 27 “feelsweirdman”, and make you think you’ll never beat the enrage timer cause the boss feels like he has 80,000k HP. So a number like 26 or 28 or any number between 21-29 are double whammy. You’ll be aware of them even if you don’t land in them often. The danger still does not end there. What’s next?

What’s next is the number 30. It could be a “feelscaryman” number but that’s OK because it’s a well-rounded number so it’s not a big deal. What’s the big deal? The big deal is that it’s the maximum number of people you can have, but you’re never AT IT because most of the time you’re at 10, 11, 14, 16, 19, or 20. So most of the time you always feel like you’re at half full or like 14/30 or most likely x/30. So you have a naggy feeling that the groups are always out of 30 with empty slots not filled. So it feels weird to be x/30, or always half empty or always some amount empty and never full or at full strength.

Blizzard, it isn’t a coincidence, that, at the conception of this game when you’re asking each other, yo, how many people should we make dungeons? 3? Let’s go with 4. No. You never did this. You picked 5. Or you never go, yo, this raid is going to be bigger, let’s make it 13 people or maybe 14 or 12 people. No, you never did that either. You picked 10 or 15… And so on you never picked 21 or 22 or 24, you picked 25. Or, not 18 and 19, you picked 20. Same for 40…because when you sit down to have the discussion of raid design, the slightest thought of making a raid not a “well rounded numbers”, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 40…gave you a “feelsweirdman” moment. Like, yo let’s make Karazhan 13 man, “eeek, feelsweirdman”. 10 people feelsgoodman let’s pick that instead.

Anyways, remember my list of the big 3? The holy trinity of a MMORPG isn’t tank, healer, and DPS no. The holy trinity is:

1) Exciting loot experience
    2) An absolute and immersive experience.
    3) A big world.

(…and to an extend, a 4) would be game forms appealing to people who enjoy an intermediate difficulty, like NO Reforging, don’t bring it back, I’m wearing a suit of armor not a suit of bended or redirected numbers; gem sockets (AND SOCKET BONUSES OH YES PLZ: gray  green light up) and enchants are okay THO cause they’re soooo muchhhh fantasy man! Yah so bring lots of ‘em back).

…so ermmm does this mean the danger ends? NO. The danger doesn’t even come close to ending. This is why Flexible Technology is so dangerous JESUS! And needs to be completely removed fast for Legion, or if it’s too late already for Legion then it needs to be completely removed for the expansion after Legion, if you want to save WoW completely or make it as healthy as possible. So what’s next? What’s next is this: Flexible Technology makes you feel as if loot doesn’t matter. For an example, take a look at the following picture:

When the party number is fixed, the boss is fixed or static, his HP, stats, whatever. So when someone enters the group after someone else bail, it’s like they’re bringing in a ladder. Everyone who enters brings a ladder with him or her. The boss is, let’s say, “fixed”, at 4 feet for the sake of the explanation. So when someone comes in with a ladder that is 5 feet or 6 feet, he’s what you would call “over gearing” or “out geared” the boss. This is what make things extremely exciting. So when someone enters the group, you rapidly inspect them and scrutinize their gear to see how over geared this person is compared to the boss. If a dude came in with all green, you’re like, ahh, shit, he’s under geared, but let’s try anyways, maybe we’ll get lucky. You feel kind of demoralize tho. When a guy comes in with all blue or mixed of blue and green gear you’re like, well this guy is geared enough so we won’t have a problem in downing the boss if we perform well on the mechanics. However, if a guy came in with 7/8 purple tier sets, a long dropped down list of golden words lighted up, with his 3 and 5-piece bonuses lighted up in green or 2-4-6 bonuses lighted up in green, and a big ass epic 2-hand sword or a 2/2 epic dual wield sword weapon’s set, that’s when you know he’s a hero, he’s going to carry the group, and everyone is gonna get free phat lewd loot. The boss is never going to reach the enrage timer if you had such a hero came into the group. Or maybe, it’s a priesty healer or green resto druid instead. If he or she has a similar 7/8 or 5/8 or 6/8 epic tier set and a staff that looks like this:

That’s when you know there’s going to be a “Tranquility Glitch” in the party from then on forward and nobody is going to die. Or maybe if the tank is in 7/8, or even 4/8 epic tier set, and came in with a shiny Quel’serrar, place holder, et al shield came in, you know he’s an immortal tank. I mean if a tank like this came in, you know that if the group wipes, the DPS die, the healer dies, the tank is going to be immortal and solo the boss, and everyone is still gonna get free phat lewd after they rez because the unkillable tank is going to carry like that. I mean it doesn’t happen exactly like this but the level of confidence you feel when a hero walk in is such. Even so, even if a hero suddenly joined your group, the dungeon should still be slow, requiring CC and stuff, and there should be no gathering up the trash and AOEing like on live such as now. So, you inspect people and you scrutinize their gear. It doesn’t even begin at inspecting. The hero would just walk in first, and you would see the native-gear art of the loot he’s wearing, and you recognize it, and that’s when you know shit just got serious. Carry mode turned on. Then you inspect and scrutinize his gear and go down the gear slots slowly to see how many pieces of purple he has, what the green light up bonus is, how many golden lines of word are light up, what the stats power is, that’s when you know. This is the kind of shit that makes loot RIVETING and EXCITING to experience, something a Mythic Raider, Pure PvPer, or LFR Raider, or people who play 35 alts will hardly understand because they’ll just transmog their gear, get mail-me-epics anyway, or not focus on turning one or two of their mains into a hero. However, for an average player like me, this shit is real, and it’s the reason why WoW is such a riveting experience, and helps WoW get 15 million subs initially. So when the boss is 4 feet tall, and a guy in full green comes in, cause he didn’t try to get the pre-huge wall gear, and he’s bringing a 2 feet ladder and ur disappointed, or a guy in full blue/mix of blue and green comes in and their gear is not good enough or good enough, you are able appreciate the worth of their loot, the natural order of loot, and feel excited toward loot. When the hero comes in, and you see 7/8, that’s when your eyeballs pop out of your skull and your jaw drops:

This a loot experience that is exciting to have while playing WoW, keep people enthused and subbed. Especially in WoW since it has nice shoulder designs and each pieces are distinguishable and not blended in with the rest of the set visually. You will literally spend anywhere between 30 seconds – 1 minute or even more inspecting people and scrutinizing their gear, after recognizing the native gear art of their loot visually first. See those goldens, and green lines light up and not light up…I’m repeating myself here…cause you want to know in a hurry how high the ladder is or…really if the hero just brought in an escalader to heaven. This is the reason why I said there needs to be a HUGE WALL that drops blue and designs which extend the noob questing phase like removal of the easy quest markers along with red quest nametag lighted up in current content, just this simple adjustment and not anything extra, if planned, like making you collect 40 quest items per quest, 10 or 15, rarer, is fine, or anything silly like 5% quest drop for 30 items collection, live is probably 20% and that’s fine. The others are just wear me out and not reasonable. Removal of easy quest markers also have other benefits like making the world feel big, vast, immersive, and full of exploration, i.e game play. Yes, exploration is game play. Looking at the land scape is game play. Living in the world is game play. Something the fringes like people who play 15 or 20 alts are deft too. This “noob cycle” will extend the motivation to play indefinitely because I will go back to these parts, even when I no longer need any gear, just to show off my loot and keep this cycle of exciting loot phenomenal going. LOL. Sub kept. Look at:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...pping-raid-and

If you need reminder.

Anywho, Flexible Technology screws this all up. What Flexible Technology does is… it makes you feel like your loot doesn’t matter, even if it “technically” does. This is kind of the same way as putting ilevel on gear to help distinguish quality is a failure. Putting the ilevel 700 on LFR epics and ilevel on 750 Heroic/Mythic loot doesn’t change much since the color purple itself is such a powerful signifier that it overpowers the ilevel indicator and make the ilevel indicator irrelevant completely. All of a sudden, that “WoW epics” feeling is dead, loot is devalue, next thing you know you want to unsub. So what relationship does Flexible Technology have to do with loot? The first thing it does is it screws up the perception of the picture I showed earlier, regarding the ladder. When the group is static, the boss is always 4 feet tall, so you can easily perceive people’s loot value. However, now, when someone leaves, the boss automatically loses -200K HP, it feels like. Each person who leaves is a -200K HP. Or similarly, each person who joins make the boss gains +200K HP, so if 2 or 3 new people join after someone bails, the boss now have 400K or 600K extra HP, this is not including your perception that the boss’s stats also fluctuate to adjust to the people joining and leaving, i.e his power, strength, crit, other, decrease and increase accordingly. So what does this mean? What this mean is, you feel that when someone enters the group, and the boss is at 4 feet, and this person brings in a ladder that is 6 feet, you feel as if the boss “grew 2 more feet” to match his ladder. Or when someone leaves, the boss loses 2 feet to adjust to the power lost. So basically, you get into this perception that “gear doesn’t matter”, EVEN IF IT TECHNICALLY DOES, it just fails in the way ilevel indicator failed to help you distinguish between 2 purple items. Before, you would inspect someone and spent some 30 second – 1 minute or even more scrutinize him and “live” in the experience of an exciting loot. Like I described earlier, you would see how many epics he has, how many gold words are light up, how many green set bonuses are light up, what the stats are etc. This is loot experience that is exciting and make the game exciting to experience. Now, when a hero enters your group, the boss just gained +400K HP, his strength went up, agility, mana, crit, whatever…you attempt to inspect this person’s gear, but it’s not at the scrutinizing speed as before. You scroll your mouse down very fast to pass maybe just 5 slots, you eye over, very rapidly, the stats, and everything else, and then you lost interest and just subconsciously go “what’s the point? the boss just gained 400K HP and a shit load of attack power or whatever”. You don’t inspect the entire inventory and live in the exciting loot experience. This is one of the failure of the Flexible Technology, it makes you feel as if no one’s loot matter, there are no heroes, no carry, no under gear, no geared, no over geared. You feel as if everyone is just wearing cosmetics, and raid is just all about performing mechanics and rotations. The loot “feels empty”. So, the loot experience is less exciting. So, you feel less motivated to inspect people and scrutinize their gear, and when you enter the group you feel people aren’t interested in seeing how geared you are, and you are also less motivated to inspect other people to scrutinize their loot once you arrive to the party. It works both way, current member can’t live the loot experience, and people who enter can’t live the loot experience. Flexible Technology devalues your loot SIGNIFICANTLY. Next thing you know, you’re less excited about owning your gear, then one of the venue which you use to show it off is destroyed, so loot becomes less exciting to experience. You don’t want to go into the HUGE WALL that drop blues because you feel like your loot isn’t exciting and valuable anymore. Flexible Technology makes things feel “zippy” and fast. When you enter the group, you feel as if people go “alright the new guy is here, or 3 new guys just came in, the boss gain 800K HP and stats, nothing these guys wear matter cause the boss grew to equal their ladder, so I’m not going to inspect them let’s just go fight the boss and try to down him”. The person is saying this but eventually, he’s going to get to a point in the feedback system where he says to himself “Now that the 3 guys are here, the boss gained 800K HP + Stats through the Flexible Technology, lets ignore inspecting, and just fight the boss…but why am I fighting the boss if the loot he drops, should we kill him, aren’t going to be exciting anymore since we can’t do this inspecting thing that a static group form of the game, free of Flexible Technology, would motivate us too?”. Enough boss fights, kills, loot drops, and the guy will start to realize this and all of a sudden he doesn’t wana raid and get the loot anymore. See this is when things get dangerous with the Flexible Technology. That’s from the point of view of people who are in the group. From the point of view of people joining, they join for a bit and then they realize, “why am I joining a group if the ladder I bring in, feels like, it is irrelevant since the boss will gain the extra feet to match my ladder?” then you don’t wana join the group to show-off ur loot anymore because u know pplz won’t inspect you…and then it’s over. You wana unsub. I mean you can show off your loot to people in BGs and at the questing areas in current content, hopefully the easy markers are removed to make things slower, where people have to identify stuff with their eyes, and not zippy so u can show off ur nice loot and not feel like people are zipping around like they’re on a rocket and not care, or maybe also stand in Dalaran since people have to walk through it now to get to the Quest Halls, but you don’t want to diminish the avenues, where people can go to to show off, that would allow loot to become exciting Blizz. Even if the data doesn’t show people going to some of these places, the important thing is the perception that there are many places u can go to to show off, and this is what makes your loot feel valuable and exciting to have, in conjunction with other parts of an exciting loot experience like ilevel indicator removal, 8/8 instead of 4/5 and 2/2 tiny sets, no catch up mechanics, and LFR raining purples, etc, makes you want to continue to sub and live in the world and do that sustainable “gameplay”, THE REAL REAL END GAME after the “fake” end game that is “raiding + getting loot” that is not sustainable by themselves LOL, of just walking around and showing off YOUR LOOT. LOL. LOL. The potential to show off. This is the #1 in an MMORPG.

Aside from devaluing loot and making loot less exciting, the next thing is that you realize each person who joins make the boss gain +200K HP, so if 3 person join, that’s 200K, 400K, 800K, next thing you know you start seeing a ladder going in the vertical and you are aware of “multiples”. So what are the harms and damages of Flexible Technology? It destroys an absolute, sincere, “real”, and immersive experience as well as devaluing loot. Which of these three does it fail Blizzard?

1) Exciting loot experience.
    2) Absolute and Immersive experience.
    3) Big world.

Yes, it fails 1 + 2, so 2/3. Just take 15 million subs and time this by 1/3 and see what harms flexible technology does… LOL DID YOU THINK THE GAME IS OVER? DO YOU THINK THIS FEEDBACK THREAD IS DONE? NOT EVEN CLOSE LOL. Why do you think Flexible Technology is compared to Emerald + Ruby Weapon?

So then let’s say we removed Flexible Technology, what fixed group number should we use in its placement in order to ensure that people’s experiences are absolute and immersive as well as making the loot experience as exciting as possible? Well, this is when you would go into your Flexible Technology data and find out what number people are comfortable with the most and find themselves group in often. I’m going to tell you right now, I already know in my bone that this number is going to be the number 14. So make your raids now all 15mans. Blizzard, I’m going to tell you right now, when aliens make contact with the human civilization, they’re going to be very good at math, like us or probably even better than us LELZ. Git Rekted Sun. Anyways, The first question they’re going to ask our representative is “what is the answer to every questions in the Universe?” our representative will answer “42”…then the alien’s representatives will follow up with “What is your specie’s favorite number???” and that’s when you know our representative is going to say “the human specie’s favorite number is 15” and that’s just it. Just look at this thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...better-options

You notice how the number 15 comes in second, that’s no surprise. 10 being first are just forum fringes who are Mythic Raiders who have been nagging to you about how 20 man for mythic raiding is making their life hell and wish mythic raiding was 10 man instead. Mythic fringes swarm to and infest these forums, that’s just regular. That’s how they’ve been able to destroy this game for the last 10 years. Just ignore their votes. It’s really the number 15. However, I can’t explain why the 20 man comes in so close behind the 15 man. That’s probably just irrelevant noises from the other fringes. Just ignore their votes too. Hell, but we don’t all have to sit here and speculate about it, just go into your Flexible Technology’s data and tell me that the number people are most comfortable with is not 14. LMAO. So, look at your Flexible Technology’s data then make most of your raids require 15 man. This number is going to be the number the general population are comfortable with. It’s more than the underwhelming 10 man for raid, but below the intimidating 20 man, as too much pressure, organization, and feeling of sudden DOOM. 15-man is simply just right, for raid. However, if you looked from seas to shining seas or from the Earth to the moon and all you saw was 15 man raids, it feels TOO linear, and hence small world. What’s the fix? Diversity and variety, that’s RIGHT. So to the sides, I suggest making some raids 40 man and 25 man. BUT WAIT! We have a problem and that is, without Flexible Technology, the higher the number requirement for a group to fight the boss, the more intimidating things feel, and the higher chance of failure and hence people not participating or putting off and not seeing content. So what is the fix? The fix clearly is that, since the more people it takes for a raid the higher the chances of failure, the raid has to have less bosses to increase the chances of completion and participation as well as quelling a dreading feeling of intimidation which will put off doing the raid. So for a 40-man raid, there will only be just 1 boss, plus patrolling trash packs with bigger-than-you-character’s models and group cohesion etc before the boss that make this particular raid environment feels alive. Next, for the 25-man raid, there will be only 3 bosses, 3 being the maximum. So when players go, ahhh shit it takes 40 man for this raid? That’s hard…BUT IT’S DOABLE BECAUSE THERE’S ONLY ONE BOSS! Or, god damnit, we need to get 25 man for this raid? BUT THAT’S NOT TOO SCARY BECAUSE THERE’S ONLY 3 BOSSES. So it feels doable and not intimidating at all. Plus, the expansion will probably last 1.5 years so there’s plenty of chances for practice. If there’s one thing we know from the GF + FT, it’s that people practice a lot and a lot and the whole of the public progresses together. But wait, what about the 2 boss raid? Yes, 1 boss = 40 man, 3 boss = 25 man, what about the 2 bosses raid? 2 boss = 10 man. That’s just it. This will be like the intermission raid or something. This will ensure the highest chances of all contents being seeing while making the world feel diverse, various, and BIG. If something is not seen a lot, it’s probably just 3 or 4 bosses in total. Not big damage done. At least people will still walk in and see the bosses and environment if not down him. Artists’ effort not wasted.

However, Blizzard needs to have more trust in their Group Finder, and associated technologies, and not be so unconfident that they have to create the Flex Technology to handicap and hold the Group Finder’s hand. Right now, what we have is a situation where there’s a lack of data. We have the data of how things go when the GF + FT is together, people do stuff a lot, and this leads to content drought yes. We also know the harm of Flexible Technology, being broken immersion and the absolute experience, make loot less exciting, and making the world smaller. So we have to have trust in the Group Finder and give it a chance for 1 expansion or 2 where it’s the only tool people have to do raid, and see how well people do, and if they will complete content “on time”, rather than “TOOO TOOOO” early and hence leading to content drought. We know for sure that if people do finish on time, their experience will be so much better because the reward is felt more well earn, so loot is more exciting to experience. How do we support the Group Finder technology alone, if we assume we’re to lock the Flexible Technology away? Well, we learned from Vanilla to not make the largest and most of our raids 40 man, and to an extend TBC being 25 man, so now we reduce them to 15 man which is more doable. Next, we learn to not confine people to a realm of only 2,000 people, so now we have 15,000,000 people available for grouping instead. So, a combination of making raids a more “doable” size and having an “endless” amount of available players for grouping will aid in the Group Finder SIGNIFICANTLY. This will ensure that the Group Finder alone, without FT, have the highest chances of success compared to grouping in the age of Vanilla. Flexible Technology should be kept locked away as an “emergency fix”, and not even that IMO, if we learn from future data for an expansion that the public is not getting to see content, falling behind on a desirable pace of progress and beginning to have artists being stressed out that their work is not seen. This is when the harm out weights the benefits of locking away the FT, IMO the FT is TOO harmful and can never be out weighted (to be described way below). However, I doubt this will come to pass as I am HIGHLY confidence that manageable 15-man requirement + 15 million people to group with will ensure that all will see and complete content, especially on time (3-4 months before next major patch/raid tier/expansion release). Not to mention now we also have a bigger world, more diversity and variety, with 25 man and 40-man raid, thought smaller. World bosses should probably be 10-man raid difficulty or based on the size of the bosses’, the bigger the boss model, more people needed. Depend on how hard they are, if world bosses are faceroll, like live, they should drop greens, blue, or recipes instead. It would be cool if somehow world bosses are 10 man, still are challenging, and drop purple instead, but somehow still ensures that all can do it, but this will be hard IMO since it’s in the open WORLD.

So a reminder, the harm of Flexible Technology so far:

1) Not making players’ experience feel absolute and hence not IMMERSIVE.
    a. Aware of the main modes: 10, 11, 14, 15, 19, 20 (6 > 4).
    b. Aware of feelsweirdman modes: 11-14; 16-19
    c. Aware of feelscaryman + feelsweirdman modes: 21-24;26-29.
    d. Aware that the group is always “out of 30” and not full.
    e. Aware of the boss’s vertical ladder +200k HP, 400K HP, 600K HP, + stats increase when new people join.

2) Devalue loot

a. Feel like the boss grow with ladders so loot doesn’t matter, just doing mechanic.
    i. Hence, a feeling of no inspection of new member entering or of existence member already in the group by new member, back and forth.
    1. Hence the excitement of loot possession decreases.

ii. Zippy gameplay.
    1. i.e “he’s here, his gear doesn’t matter sine the boss grow in health and stats, I won’t inspect, let’s just fight the boss fast.”
    a. Asks self: “Why am I fighting the boss and trying to get loot if I can no longer show-off my loot in this avenue of PvE since loot feels like it doesn’t matter because bosses just grow in stats?” -loot less exciting.

2. Fast, zippy, gameplay make loot feel less earned and so loot less exciting to experience.
    b.Lost of an avenue to show-off your loot.

3) A smaller world

a. 5 man + “Clump” raids (i.e flex 10-30).
    i. No existence of 4 difference horizontal raid modes, 15, 25, 40, 10(2 bosses raid (and maybe world bosses)) to make the world feel bigger + (at least 1 of each) 10 and 15-man dungeon mode (since these will probably be flexed too, probably).

4) And other bad things (including another way loot is devalued).
    -(Described Below)

So these are the harms of the Flexible Technology. If FT is removed, you get:

1) Absolute and immersive experience.

2) An exciting loot experience.
    a. Slower game play makes loot feel more rewarded.
    b. You scrutinize each other see how big the ladder is.

3) A bigger world feeling.

4) A more exciting grouping and end game experience.
    a. Also more loot excitement through other way (described below).

So now we learn, it does not only fail 2/3, it actually fails 3/3 PLUS MORE.

The RISKS of the Group Finder, being the only technology used since FT is locked away, is that people “might not” finish content on time or not seeing content and stressed out artists, developers, and wasted development resources. However, we do not know if this will actually happen because we do not have the data of an expansion with the GF only and no FT. The only way to know for sure and get data is to remove FT, have GF only, make most raids 15 man, small amounts being 25 + 40 + 10 man, as well as put in some few easier difficulties dungeons lower than raid (1 or 2 only) at 10 + 15 man and see how things go. I am confidence a smaller size, not the 40-man mistake of vanilla, plus a pool of 15 million people to group with will ensure that the GF will succeed without FT’s help. However, if the risk proves to be true then put FT in, NOT EVEN THEN IMO (described an alternative below).

Experiencing the world, or in this context the end game dungeons/raiding contents, has to be similar to experiencing this song:

Imagine if this song was World of Warcraft, or the end game. As you listen to this song, it feels sublime and immersive. Your attention doesn’t break one bit. After you finish listening to the music, the immersion of the music makes the medium so good that you FEEL LIKE or are confidence about going out there and telling or trying to share someone it. It’s plausible to see that someone can tell their friends, hey listen to this music, it’s so good. This doesn’t have anything to do with just this song, any songs out there which hold your attention and immerse it, then such is a good experience that convince you to want to tell someone about it. This has to be WoW’s end game experience. Now, imagine a scream goat:

The goat screams at 0:03 – 0:04. It takes just one second, it doesn’t feel like a long time. Now imagine listening to the music of Ashenvale Forest earlier. It is immersive yes? Hold your attention the whole time? Yes? Afterward, you want to tell someone about it because it is so immersive. Yes? Now what happens if we put the soundtrack of the screaming goat into any part of the 8 minutes of the Ashenvale music? It could be placed anywhere but let’s say we put it at, say, 0:30 seconds into the music. Yes, it takes merely just 1 second for the goat to scream, but this break your immersion while listening to the music. The sublime, immersive experience is ruined. If you wanted to tell your friends about the music because it was immersive the first time, imagine listening to it the first time, again, but this time, there’s 1 second of a screaming goat in it at anywhere in the song. Would you still want to tell, or are confidence about telling, your friends about it? NO. Of course not, one second wasn’t much, but it’s all that was needed to ruin the whole experience, make the song feels less enjoyable, less immersive, and instantly changes your mind about telling your friends about it. 1 second was all it takes.

Now translating this into WoW’s raiding/dungeon end game, it needs to be as immersive as listening to that song, holding your attention the whole time, the experience. Being aware of the most 6, or 7, common modes, 10, 11, 14, 15, 19, 20 or 21, while doing any one mode, even if you are aware of the other 6 modes for just 1 second, that’s 1 screaming goat. Being aware of the “feelsweirdman” party numbers as well as those modes should you be in them, that’s another screaming goat. Being aware of the “feelscaryman” + “feelsweirdman” party numbers and aware of those modes is another screaming goat. Being aware that the group is always out of 30 and not full is another screaming goat. Being aware of the vertical boss’s ladder when he gains, or lost, HP and stats as someone enters or leave the party, that’s another screaming goat. Being aware that your loot is devalued because no one wants to inspect you or feel less motivated to inspect you and feeling it yourself vice versa toward them because you feel as if the boss grows with the ladder is another scream goat. Then being aware that WoW’s end game is a small world of 5 man + clumps of 10-30 man instead of being able to be aware of a bigger world full of variety and diversity in 5, 10, 15-man dungeons + 15 man, 25 man, 40 man, + 10-man raids, that’s another screaming goat. So essentially, Flexible Technology causes 7 screaming goats in WoW’s end game. Listening to the Ashenvale Forest music again, since it represents WoW’s, end game, experience, if you had 7 screaming goats in it at 0:30 sec 1:00, 1:30, etc…do you want to share this song, i.e WoW/WoW’s raiding experience, with your friends? No.

So removing Flex, making a majority of the raids 15 man, will remove the seven screaming goats, that we know thus far, will make WoW’s end game experience at maximum immersion and absolution and sublimity. The experience MIGHT be slower, due to, possibly, failures, but failure is the most immersive thing you can have in life or video game. When you play Mario, what’s the first thing like you ever do? Jump down a hole, hit a mushroom monster, or get eaten by a plant monster. Those failures are the most acceptable thing ever, and this doesn’t break your immersion. The game will/MIGHT be slower, but this will cause the reward to feel much more earned, loot experience more exciting, prevents content drought, 15 man is easier than 40 man, more epic than 10 man, less intimidating than 20 man, and Group Finder to make available a pool of 15 million players will ensure that the 15 man-set party for raid will have the most success chances for maximum benefit gain. Yes, it takes artists and designers like 8 months or however much to make a raid, the LFR raiders will do it in 30 mins, and utilize catch up mechanics, and then go onto forum to complaint about content drought, possibly give you a bad reputation publicly, like the many threads now. These people are fringes, VERY VERY unreasonable, and dangerous to cater to.

I’m about to use a bunch of picture examples, because it’s just my tendencies for some reasons. Right now, think of WoW as this F4U-1D Corsair from WWII:

It looks fine but after the “last three expansions” et al, the engine, radiator, stabilizer, super charger, fuselage frame, wing parts, covering and other parts are severely worn out, rusted, aged, and used. The plane could fall apart at any moment. Now imagine the Group Finder + Flexible Technology swooping down like a Japanese Zero and shot it to hell. This is what it looks like now:

It has half a wing, half a tail, all shot up, paint scrapped, and riddled with bullet holes but still flying, because it’s tough kind of like a P47D-28. You have to get EVERYTHING just right, i.e removing Flexible Technology, and perfect if you want the Corsair to return to the airfield, land, and get repaired. If you get just ONE thing wrong, i.e NOT removing Flexible Technology for Legion or maybe the expansion after Legion, it’s going to crash into the trees and explode.

Or… do you remember the movie A Space Odyssey 2001 or a more recent movie, Interstellar? In these movies, there is always a scene where two parts of a space station are trying to dock with each other by trying to align perfectly. In Interstellar, Matt Damon’s, sorry for the spoiler if you didn’t see Interstellar yet but it’s necessary I’m srry, character failed to get the alignment perfectly, and both parts of the space station blew up. This is going to be WoW, WoW is going to blow up if you don’t get the alignment, I.E EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING, PERFECTLY and just right.

More examples, just think of WoW as a guy standing on a cliff:

That piano that’s about to fall on WoW? It represents resources spent that was not justified since players are not seeing content and enjoying the development resources used, as well as sad artists. WoW needs to move out of the piano’s way. The Group Finder alone will push it just far enough to get it out of the piano’s way. However, if you have Flexible Technology helping out too, the push will be too strong, and WoW will be pushed off the cliff, i.e players will unsub at this crucial moment in time in WoW’s history because their experience is not absolute and immersive, the world doesn’t feel bigger, and loot is not as exciting and grouping and raiding isn’t at the maximum experience.

Or…think of WoW right now as:

Yes, it doesn’t get much easier to explain than this. The bike is the grouping + end game raiding experience alone and Flexible Technology is the training wheel. Does riding the bike, raiding, feel thrilling, exciting, and fun, and kind of dangerous (progression MIGHT BE, MIGHT BE, slower), if Flexible Technology is “attached on”? Yes, remove Flexible Technology, i.e the training wheels, for maximum immersive excitement.

LOL; I won’t stop with examples. I’m sorry. I just love it.

Right now, think of it as we’ve just sit through a 2 hours James Bond movie where Agent 007 just went through hell to kill or foil some evil mastermind’s plans to destroy the world, i.e the “final castle” has fallen or the “final battle in the shadow” was won, and he’s walking home toward his apartment or condo to sit in the Jacuzzi and relax with his alcohol and cigar or whatever. However, when he gets back, the house is dark, he turns on the light, and sees the very well disguised double crossing mole there holding a hand gun with a silencer on it, dressed in all blacks, with a black beanie, wearing black leather gloves, to shoot and kill James Bond, revealing himself at the final moment.

Blizzard, this is the straight up: You’re James Bond, and I am the CIA. I’m giving you counter intelligence right now so that you’ll know what’s waiting for you in your house when you get back there so you can bring 10 of these:

With you and send them in first to take out the double crossing agent before he can KILL you. Flexible Technology is the WELL DISGUISED double crossing agent. If you don’t remove Flexible Technology and make most of your raids 15 man, the way the game was always meant to be, then you’re NOT bringing 10 killer robots back-up with you, ur gonna walk into that dark house all by yourself, you’re going to turn on the light, and tragically die after such a hopeful and victorious fight through hell, and you’ve thought you’ve fixed WoW. Yes, the Flexible Technology was such a well disguised double agent, with its “service the people” costume, that no one saw it until now I, the CIA, sees it. Up until now, I was only suspicious towards it because it was so well disguised, and I could not put the words on why I was so suspicious towards it. The disguise is a masterful fraud, and Flexible Technology harms everyone massively instead of serving.

In the past, I keep mentioning the phrase “Group Finder + Flexible technology” together as if they’re fighting the demons in the shadow, but REALLY, the Group Finder is the only good guy who is higher in power. Flexible Technology was a well disguised demon all along pretending to be friends, pretending to be the right hand man. He’s just using the Group Finder to kill all the other demon nemesis, then after all the big bad guys are dead, Flexible Technology is going to betray the Group Finder, revealing its true self as a sly, slivering demon, and then kill the Group Finder, and conquer the world. OH NOES!!!!

LOL; OKAY, LAST ANALOGY, I SWEAR. I RLY CAN’T HELP IT.

Lol……maybe you can think of WoW at the beginning of WoD as being a guy who had so many bullets and cancers in him, i.e 4 difficulties, 4/5, catch up mechanics, transmog, massively devalued and not exciting loot experience, annoying rotation, unkillables, zippy-easy-quest-marker-linear-quest-experience, very small world feeling from these, etc stuff I’ve been complaining about thus far, and he woulda be screwed, i.e people would have unsubbed much much earlier in the millions, had it not been for the chemotherapy solution of the Flexible Technology which let WoW go on for a bit longer, i.e kept people occupied because they’re having an easier and more zippy time doing raids, i.e “getting to do”, but eventually WoW blacked out, i.e people “got to do” then unsubbed by the millions because they were then aware of all the ugliness suddenly coming together after getting-to-dos what they have always had a hard time doing: raids, in WoW. So WoW blacked out. You managed to put him on the operating table and fix him up, but you realize the chemotherapy is still attached to him, i.e Flex Technology. What do we know about chemotherapy? It’s dangerous because it kills the good and the bad and causes addiction. So, you need to remove the chemotherapy from the guy WoW on the resting bed, if you want him to be full healthy and make a complete recovery. If you don’t remove FT, it’s like keeping the chemotherapy attached and WoW is still going to die after all that effort to save him. People aren’t going tolerate any small factors of unpleasantness after their experiences with the end game through the GF + FL in WoD caused them to see the ugliness of WoW, along with their memories of the “the last three expansion”. Everything has to be perfect. PERFECT.

Pros and Cons relating to Flexible Technology, up to this point:

You HAVE to give us time to finish content, through the new partying blue print below, before stressing out about unjustified development resources spent and worry about stressed out artists. In fact, there’s nothing anyone can do except to generate data. Putting back in Flexible Technology is an unacceptable solution to make sure people see content because it merely destroys the game experience and bait the unsub. The only acceptable solution is to CUT CONTENT from the tail end. YES, YOU HEARD ME RIGHT. The LFR Raiders are on the forum are bitching about content drought, BUT HERE I AM TELLING YOU TO CUT CONTENT. THAT’S RIGHT…and then divert such resources into developing future expansion’s content instead. This is more wisely use resources. So if you want an expansion to last 1 year, then make only enough raid so that we can finish “on time” and no more. If you want expansions to last 1.5 years then add more, but always give us reasonable time to finish the raids before stressing out. Ideally, we should finish the contents 3 or 4 months early so we can have this period to go around to different avenues, a slower questing phase, with no easy zippy-quest markers to make things fast and feel chory, and using a website, CC dungeons, BG, and cities. So generate data from Legion and/or the expansion after, find out how much people get done, via the grouping map below, and cut contents in the design of future expansion. No catch up mechanics. No boss nerfs. Yes. These will merely devalue loot and bait unsubbing.

What WoW was always meant to be:

DRAWING THIS SCHEMATIC ON PAINT AND WRITING ABOUT IT NOW JUST PUT ME OVER THE EDGE OF MY SEAT. JESUS CHRIST!!! DON’T YOU SEE WHAT WOW WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE!? YEEEESSS….THIS IS IT. THIS IS WHAT WOW WAS ALWAYS MEANT TO BE. JESUS CHRIST. NOW WE’RE STARTING TO SEE MORE OF THE GOLDEN GOOSE COMPARED TO 1 OR 2 WEEKS AGO. 2 Weeks ago, this is what we saw:

NOW, THIS IS WHAT WE’RE ABLE TO SEE:

If looking at your Flexible Technology data still doesn’t give you the confidence that Flexible Technology should be removed and a majority of raids should be set at 15 mans, 14 man being AS DAMNING FLEXIBLE TECHNOLOGY DATA AS IT WOULD GET BLIZZARD; THERE’S NO MORE DAMNING THAN THIS; this is a number that people would just love and are comfortable with partying at, then just think back way back when when raids were divided into 15 mans and 40 mans. What do you remember? EVEN BEFORE any grouping technologies was developed and introduced, everyone devoured the 15-man dungeons/raids, but they didn’t touch the 40 mans. LET ME REMIND YOU AGAIN --- THIS WAS BEFORE ANY GROUPING TECHNOLOGY WAS DEVELOPED. People went and did /2 manually AND DONE ALL THE 15 mans. So this will just merely mean that the Group Finder is going to be an AMAZING acceptable QoL that would nudge people, crutch things, EVEN FURTHER to make sure everyone will be able to see everything and experience all the content that artists and developers make, the Group Finder is kind of “overkill” or maybe “just right” really. Flexible Technology is an overkilling overkill over-fix that’s unnecessary and is going to break what’s already fixed. It’s like fixing a table or chair…it’s fixed…but you keep trying to fix it, and you won’t stop it, and broke the table or chair.

…Or think of another analogy (I’m really done after this one; I swear). I love coming up with these it seems. Just imagine sometime in the future, some far away time, when there’s something wrong with our Sun, it’s “sick”, but we’re very technologically advance by then. For some reason, the Sun shrunk to 50% of its original size so we “launched” something at the Sun to try and fix it. However, after we launched our first fix, we were unconfident in its ability to fix the Sun, so we launch a second “back-up” solution. The first solution arrived at the Sun and fixed it, making it grow back to 100% of its size. HOWEVER, the second, OVERFIXING/OVERKILLING/UNECESSARY fix, arrives and caused the Sun to grow to 150% of its size and destroy the Earth. THIS IS WHAT FLEXIBLE TECHNOLOGY IS. Flexible technology makes the players’ experience less exciting by making the experience not feel absolute and immersive, make the loot experience less exciting, make the game feel smaller instead of larger and hence exciting, and make the grouping experience, and hence doing raid and getting loot, not as exciting so you don’t want to run out fast in a hurry to tell everyone, your friends, and strangers on the
    Subways and in bakeries about WoW and make WoW grow pass 500k players to 25 mil subs.

DON’T YOU SEE THE MISTAKE DURING VANILLA!??!?!? THE MISTAKE DURING VANILLA WAS THAT---6/7 of the MOLTEN CORE should have been 15 mans with Ragnaros, alone, being 40-man. BLACK WING LAIR, 6/7 of the LAIR should have been 15 man meanwhile Nefarian should have been a 25-man boss. AQ-40, 8/9 of it should have been 15 man, with Twin Emperor being 25 man and C’thun being 40 man, with as many green instances and attunement or “ogre suits” as necessary to gate and to get to the final 25man/40man bosses. THIS WAS THE MISTAKE DURING VANILLA. HAD WE HAD THIS DESIGN, LFR PROBABLY WOULD HAVE NEVER EXISTED. LFD GONE. However, I feel this still wouldn’t have changed things much and saved 8/8 tier set, et al, as the Mythic raiders, and to an extent LFR Raiders, Pure PvPers, and people who play 10, 15, or 50 alts, still would have had their ways for the next 10 years… Yes, history happened differently, and kind of good too because now we have the Group Finder and associated cross realm technology.

You NEED to trust in the GF, for now, until more data is produced with it alone being in game. Yes, if you did this, the game might be slower, but it just means the reward will be more earned so loot will be more exciting to experience. There will be no content drought. It’s best to let this happen for an expansion or two, then look at your data to see how much people get done, and then estimate what should be cut in future expansion so that these development resources can be diverted to even more expansion down the road. There’s no point in putting in zippy gameplay if eventually player realize this type of gameplay will lead to less exciting loot experience and a smaller world or absolute experience and immersion being broken as well as grouping and raiding, then loot dropped, are not exciting to do and experience. Because then, the line between WoW and something like mowing the grass, growing a forest, the Witcher III, Red Dead Redemption 2 is blurred, and players start asking why play WoW when you can easily play Witcher 4.
    WoW’s end game designs only took “three tries” and “2 expansions” to get perfectly. First you started out with 40-man majority of raids, that was too intimidating. Then you tried 25 man, that was still TOO intimidating based on your data, then you went to 15-man majority raid, albiet with Group Finder technologies + 15mil players cheat, and it was JUST RIGHT AND PERFECT. No matter what anyone asks you, it only took three tries, three attempts. WoW had “three iteration” so far: Vanilla, TBC, Legion. The expansion after Legion will be “WOTLK”. Everything else was merely “MU”. LMAO!

Now, we get to the fight part of this fight…

…Anyways, It’s not really exciting to feel like the group I am in is “throw away” and knows that other players feel this way too, that the group “doesn’t matter” as much, and they can just leave without any consequences, and the group can go on when they leave. This causes a rapid rate of leaving which causes me to witness all of a sudden going from some feelsgoodman number, like 15 man, to like an icky number like 13, 12, 14, 16, 17, or 18 etc all of a sudden and see myself rapidly ascending and descending up and down the boss’s HP and stats power ladder, as people leave and enter at a high rate, and feeling like loot doesn’t matter and there’s no point in inspecting because you can’t feel the loot hype and excitement as much since it “feels like” the boss scales with the ladder. Feeling a lost of an avenue to show off your loot. It all makes grouping up, being in a group, and doing raid, and getting loot feels less exciting. There’s many screaming goats in here, and it makes me feel like I don’t want to rush out there and tell everyone about WoW so they can play it too cause the end game grouping and raiding feels bland. I feel like without Flexible Technology, when the groups are fixed at a “feelsgoodman” number, a just right number of 15, not underwhelming, 10 man, not intimidating, 20 man, people will feel more excited to be in a group, feel the group is serious and needs their help, so it makes the partying and adventuring more exciting. There’ll be a closer and stronger bonds and cohesion among people. This is what I feel in my bones. The only way to know for sure is to set things up like this for an expansions or 2, like Legion and the one after Legion, to see how rapidly people leave and how much more they’re willing to stay and how many more groups are formed to try to own and kill the bosses and get exciting loot, feeling the whole end game is exciting…. This is a worthy and far less harmful endeavor compared to all the others which you have done in the last 10 years. It’s really the least you can do. When the group is fixed at a feelgoodsman, just right, 15 man, and the boss drops tier boots, a huge-ass shiny 2-hand sword, a 2-hand mace, and maybe 2 other epic pieces, this is the face I make:

It's “Feels good” without the “man” as putting in “feels good” and “Feelsgoodman” will get you two different pictures on Google. One is of the bald guy, and the other is mostly the frog. Anyways, when I’ve been in a raid and experienced rapid fluctuation into “feelsweirdman” group numbers, feeling the boss is scaling up and down a vertical ladder, feeling the group is “throw away” and “not serious” or “important”, and no one, including me, is inspecting each other in loot excitement because it feels like the boss scale with the ladder making loot feel like they don’t matter, I make this straight face when tier boots or shiny big-ass 2-hand swords drop:

And I don’t go out and tell anyone to play WoW. It’s REALLY HARMFUL. Flexible Technology. IT’S DANGEROUS.

When the group is fixed, you feel like you are aware of and know everyone, but especially the loot they’re wearing. Partying is just more exciting this way. This all helps make the loot that drop feels even more exciting to experience. Right now, it’s just like IDC what they’re wearing, at the first sign of failure I’m going to bail, and they can try it with 12 or 13 pplz. EEEEEK. YUCK. You’re motivated to stay for 5 or 8 more or even more wipes if things are fixed. Your tolerance to play the end game and be with the party spikes significantly. I know this. When the group is fixed at a just right, feelsgoodman, number, it feels really serious and important. If some people leave, all of a sudden, the group feels like it’s at half power or half strength or at 3/4 power like 12/15. Things are serious, it matters if you leave, the group is weaker and at lower power. When you join, you feel as if you’re an integral part of the group. You’re very crucial to its success. You feel there’s this inspection of loot going around making loot more exciting overall. People know your presence, and you know them. You feel like you want to stay for as long as possible to make things successful, and the group to do well. When the party lose a member or 2 or 3, you feel the party just got weaker, and it’s exciting to feel like waiting for new members to come and bring the group to full power. To fill out the slots. This wait period is legit gameplay, seriously something a mythic raider, pure pvper, LFR Raider, and 20-50 altaholics will not understand, it makes the grouping experience, end game, and the game world VERY VERY immersive and exciting to be in. You want to hold onto the group and feel for it. It’s like as if you’re living in the game world. This will be all made easier now with the Group Finder + 15 million pplz and probably more reasonable 1-minute traveling time to dungeons/raid, improvement over Vanilla 10 years ago. You get a dynamic and feedback system going…

…just look at this picture of the chambers from gun used in the game “Russian Roulette”:

It’s full. Then:

How do you feel about the chambers of missing rounds? Yes, there’s a feeling of tension going isn’t there? A feeling of yearning? You are appreciative of the rounds you have left, and you want to hold onto them. Yet, you feel a strong attachment, and special alertness and awareness, to the empty slots as you want to fill them and make the gun at “full” or something like that yes? This feeling of attachment and tension toward the missing rounds, as well as the remaining rounds in the chambers, is a similar dynamic that goes on into the grouping of WoW’s end game, and makes you want to stay and feel excited to be in a group, assuming the group is set at a fixed and hopefully at a “just right” 15-man requirement for majority of raids. You want to hold on, you feel so attached to the group. This is what makes grouping an exciting and amazing, despite tension filled part of the end game. This is what makes the loot feel even more sweet and exciting when they drop. There’s a feedback system going and “platform-built-up” between the group experience and the loot experience. Feeling your group is important, feeling attached to it, a yearn for it, and tension when it’s at low power, and wanting it to be at full power, appreciating those who stays, and waiting for new members to get here and fill up the slot. This is all part of the “gameplay”, game experience that makes things VERY VERY GOOD, and a reason for why WoW did so well early on. THIS IS IN A CONTEXT OF MERCENARY PUGGERS COMING TOGETHER AND, ABSOLUTELY, NO GUILDS INVOLVED. Flexible Technology destroy this yearning, along with all the rest of its baggage’s, to make grouping, raiding, and, ultimately, the loot experience at the end feel bland instead of at MAXIMUM EXCITEMENT. I love giving examples, but this is the REAL REAL REAL last one. I swear. Look at this aircraft carrier:

When the 3 fighter planes fly away, if you’re the admiral, all of a sudden, there’s this feeling of tension going. You feel there’s three empty parking slots there, you want them back and fill up the slots, you feel the carrier is at weaker strength, and want to fill it up. Yes…
    …and when everything is in place, and you see the tier boots, 2-hand swords, and 2 hand maces drop:

:OOO

Lest you want:

…and baiting the unsubs.

This is seriously what general player feels, you will see it in your Flexible Technology data. People usually float around 14 or 15 players. they will very uncommonly go to 20 and extremely rarely pass 20, and when the group got “weaker”, impossible because: Flexible Technology, to 11 or 12 or 10 people, people don’t keep going. They will usually wait for enough people to come and make the group 15 again or somewhere “near full power”, at 14. However, the bad is all the other stuff associate with Flexible Technology is still there, feeling like boss is scaling up and down and loot don’t matter and hence not exciting, feel like the group is throw away, feelsweirdman number, 13 or 12, aware of the boss’s vertical ladder, broken absolute and immersive experience, smaller world etc etc… feeling like even when you’re trying to fill stuff up, you’re just trying to fill up stuff that’s just going to be at “half strength”, despite FT. LOL. YUCK. So basically, you have “full strength”, 30, your goal is to fill it up to 15, and you’re at half of 15. So you’re trying to fill up the remaining half OF A HALF. WTF IS THAT SHIT. YUCK. EWW. HUGE SCREAMING GOAT. So many goats man.

Flexible Technology, yes, lets you “GETS-TO-DO”, but the price to pay for “getting-to-do” is INSANELY HIGH. The price is SOOOO HIGH that it blurs the line between WoW and mowing the grass, growing trees, planting a garden, OR even The Witcher’s 4, or Red Dead Redemption 5, or Fallout 6. If you “Get-to-Do” but it came at the cost of an exciting loot experience, an absolute and immersive experience destroyed, no feeling of a bigger world, and a not exciting partying and raiding experience, which leads to a bland feeling at loot drop, then this is an unacceptable price to pay or an unacceptable solution that should be picked to solve the problem of experiencing contents in WoW. The only acceptable solution is to gather data of the progression of an expansion with a fixed group composition form of the game, at 15-man majority of raids, and then plan ahead and cut contents appropriately from WoW’s future expansions, making a more appropriately and wisely use of development resources. Perhaps we’ll get more expansions, more raid content in the future, faster. Depends on what your plans are for the timeline of WoW’s expansion, at 1 year or 1.5 year or whatever. Or, another solution, if you fear players “not-getting-things-done” with a fixed group form of the game, then “tune” the encounters so they’re “EXTA EXTRA normal”…>.>…>.>…<.<…<. >…if you…if you know what I mean… But you know, just give us maybe 3 months left when we finish each tier or the final tier so we can go around showing off our mind bending, eyes popping, and jaw dropping loot to people. Let us live the “REAL REAL end game”. ROFL.

THE STRAIGHT UP: If you want 250k players, leave Flexible Technology in the game. If you want 30 million subs, and VIRAL SPREADING of WILD FIRE, remove Flexible Technology and follow the road map above, making a MAJORITY of raids requiring a fixed 15-man group composition. I’m giving you a very simple solution here Blizzard. No rocket science required. No CERN scientists required. It’s that simple and straight up: Remove Flexible Technology, for WoW to be as HEALTHY and STRONG as possible. Yes.

If there is ANY LINGERING DOUBTS BEFORE YOU RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET, let me just say this before you go that if you did this, nothing much will have changed, EXCEPT that we would have cut out all the harms and baggage’s of the Flexible Technology, one being feeling the group is always half full. Most groups have a natural and default tendency to float around 15 man, or at 14, ANYWAYS. Even when they lose members and go down to 10 or 11 man, they would rather invite extras, sit and wait for the extras to arrive, and get back to 15 man rather than keep going at 10 or 11, DESPITE the Flexible Technology letting them do so. The most is that they would give just 1 attempt at 10/11 man before giving up completely, but they would rather sit and wait and give 6 attempts at 15 man. So nothing much will have changed. The only data to collect so things can be adjusted for the future would be to find out if there was low participation in the 1 boss 40-man raid and/or the 3 bosses 25-man raid, then CAN them TOO and make everything 15 man if that is so or just have only one or the other in an expansion AND NOT BOTH. However, we JUST DON’T HAVE ENOUGH DATA. I doubt this will come to pass. People will most likely do the 15 man first and get decked out before going to the “larger” but smaller bosses raid, then own those raids too.
    Anywho, I feel really bad that I’m even making this complaint or feedback thread because I know the people, engineers et al, at Blizzard worked really hard on it and like seeing it help players. I feel really bad. I want to like Flexible Technology really badly, not feel adverse towards it in my brain, and just not making this thread, and just let a good thing happen. However, things are not so straight forward IRL, and I feel adverse toward Flexible Technology. It looks like it serves, but it does more harm than serve. I’m sorry…I know it was originally added in so “friends-can-raid-together”, but really Blizzard, everyone in this game is a solo mercenary who will group up because of their common interest in a valuable and exciting loot experience. Just look at your Group Finder data, and the decline of guilds. I know, I know, you have real life friends who go to Blizzcon and tell you of their life stories, but these are probably all the Mythic Raiders, Transmogers, LFR Raiders, Pure Pvpers, and the 50+ AltaHolic people at the fringes. The rest who go, who don’t walk up to you, are probably just shy cause I think this is a characteristic of the general population, they’re shy, and they’re just in the background looking at cosplays, panels, hardware and so on and so forth. Honestly, maybe only the fringes mentioned above go to Blizzcon cause they’re older or something and got more cash. Maybe in the future the more “general population” will start going because they got more ca$h, or something, and got jobs LMAO. The other thread on MMOC have mad pplz saying they started this game at like 10 or 11 or 14 yrs old or something, so it’s not surprise if they might be “earlier in life”. Friends can still raid together, just pick among the endless number of groups in the Group Finder and find the ones with more spots. It’s still fine.

----------
    Dang, I feel really bad for writing such a long thread. I hope no one was too stressed out reading it. Christ’s sake man…

….lol, I bet if a dev managed to read this feedback thread, they’re like. OK, I’ve read a lot of feedback in my last 10 years working on this game, but did I really really just read this feedback? NOP NOP NOP. I’ve seen people say an infinite numbers of things, and there are an infinite numbers of things to say…but NOP NOP NOP. Is this particular feedback really REAL? I didn’t really read this one. It’s not real. Shit it’s 4/2 and no longer 4/1 so this thread is serious. Aww, It’s way too specific. I’m just dreaming. This is a dream. Or nightmare. ROFL.

….

……

……….

…Okay… let’s take a look at Leotheras the Blind:

And the tier boots he dropped…

No… Leotheras the Blind didn’t drop any tier boots, he dropped tier gloves, but this is the dream. I am living the dream right now. Seeing tier boots drop was one of the most magical MOMENTS EVER. The loot WAS SO EXCITING. When the Mythical Raiders got it removed, it was one of the most painful things ever. Mythic Raiders are anti-magic. It wasn’t a coincidence that the Anti-mage on Dota 2 has both the title of Anti-magic and the nickname of Anti-fun at the same time. Players who played Dota 2 probably all played WoW and Warcraft, remember the magic, remember what killed it after browsing the forums, and then translated it into Dota 2 via the Anti-mage labels. Lol.

Yah, also let’s look at this cow:

I feel…so connected to him, it is as if he and me are the same person. It is as if he is the same loot-crazed addict as I am. It’s so eerie. When I’m traveling in the world and loot a spawning treasure chest, plz bring these back; maybe in the max level quest zone or an end game instance, or REALLY throughout, and I see 1 gray item, 2 white items, 1 green item, 1 purple tier bracer, and 1 white item. MY JAW WOULD DROP, AND I WOULD MAKE THE SAME FACE AS THIS TAUREN… or when someone enters a fixed group, and he’s wearing 7/8 epic tier set or 6/8 or even 5/8 epic tier set and a 2/2 epic weapon sets. I WOULD MAKE THIS SAME EXACT FACE. MY EYES WIDE, AND MY JAW DROPPED JUST LIKE THAT:

Again, WOW! I love this cow. He’s JUST LIKE ME. I also MIGHT LIKE the new golden loot shinning bright light loot animation. MIGHT BE VERY VERY GOOD JOB HERE. Hopefully, it’ll only show up when epics or higher dropped from the world or from bosses in epics dropping raids, or otherwise, it might get sanitized if it always shows up on green and stuff. For green and lower, maybe just the regular glimmer? Who knows. ACTUALLY, I KNOW. What you should do is put the regular loot animation in there ALONG with the new bright flash-light animation. The more shiny, glimmers, bling, sparkles, gold, and golden-blinding light the better. So mix and combine them, have the current glimmer THEN add in the new flashlight on top of it, for higher quality blues, purples from the world or in epic castles from bosses who only drop epics, or for even higher loot quality. Yah, you SHOULD REALLY DO THIS. Combine them. Medium blues to green and lower should just have the regular glimmer. However, I’ll just have to experience this on live to see how it GOES!

When I see with the current live glimmers added in with this new flash-light animation:

Then I would make:

And feel:

Final the thread ends. Thank GOD!

(This sound track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZj79M9tDGw got me thru righting this thread if anyone was interested.)
    Last edited by LairenyX; 2016-04-03 at 12:09 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Jesus. Just jesus.

Lol so you made another TLDR post. Again no Flex allows optional scaling that works fine. You can choose to have 10-30 players which is how it should be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Jesus. Just jesus.
    He's literally done 2 posts in the space of 2 minutes this long. I am amused.

Deleted
    uhm.

ok.

The more I scrolled down the more my head hurt. What are you trying to say?!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Tbh I just read the title because I know his/her threads are always TLDR and just argue off that tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The only thing I got was "vanilla was awesome when we had 40-man raids".

10+ Year Old Account
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Naaaw flexible tech really does save guilds from tons of drama, in the sense that you in theory can bring whomever signs up for raids as long as it doesn't go above 30 people so people will be less sadfaced when benched since less people will be benched in theory.
    Flex is the way to go for normal and heroic mode.

What just happened.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    where was the tldr? bored

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

He's literally done 2 posts in the space of 2 minutes this long. I am amused.
    Ecstasy seems like a hell of a drug. Since i can't imagine anyone sane and sober spending any time to write this.

To anyone who manages to read all of that. You have my sympathy and I hope the OP will contribute to your shrink bills.

To the OP, perhaps you should put a 2 line summary at the top.

Surely this is written by a bot.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no purpose to your threads but to stir up the forum.