Looking for a main, new player q/a

Fast burst, huge burst, insane burst... Hunter or locks?

Which class excels in burst?

Which class has more variety in its skills? ( like engi in gw2 )

ex. has push backs, can stun,knockdown, has ways to control the fight and potential 1v2's

Which class is more wanted in RBG's?

which server has the most rbg guilds? for hardcore/fun/competitive

Ty.

- - - Updated - - -

looking for raf.. add me for more info!

Skript#11224

i will def be buying 2months sub afterwards for your rewards and help!

Deleted
    Warlock or Druid for RBG, Mages for slightly more control in arena.

Don't know how it will be in the next addon Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by runnbl3 View Post
    Fast burst, huge burst, insane burst... Hunter or locks?

Which class excels in burst?

Which class has more variety in its skills? ( like engi in gw2 )

ex. has push backs, can stun,knockdown, has ways to control the fight and potential 1v2's

Which class is more wanted in RBG's?

which server has the most rbg guilds? for hardcore/fun/competitive

Ty.

- - - Updated - - -

looking for raf.. add me for more info!

Skript#11224

i will def be buying 2months sub afterwards for your rewards and help!
    1) Fast burst, huge burst, insane burst... Hunter or locks?

Short answer:
    Fast burst: MM hunter / BM hunter
    Huge burst: Destro lock (some setup / high cast time)
    Insane burst: Demo lock (big setup / high cast time)

The highest burst of those classes/specs is demon lock, but has a huge setup and requires a long, long cast time spell (demon bolt). Destro lock also has a high burst (lower than demo), which requires some setup and also requires a long cast time (chaos bolt). Affliction warlock burst deals a lot of damage on multiple targets, overall the damage is higher but not nearly as high on single target as the others (you should also notice that it doesn't requires as much setup / casting times).
    As for hunters, MM has a huge burst with aimed shot + chimera shot and can also execute at 35% HP range, but as MM you will end up playing with lone wolf and won't have much survivability or utility.
    BM has a decent burst with 1 minute cooldown, but not near as powerful as the one mentioned so far, the main advantage is that it requires no setup and BM will offer better utility / survivability.
    Survival has the highest overall damage of the three, but has low burst.

So it basically goes on what you want to play, for instance, MM hunters are not viable for arenas (but may be for RBGs that do not require you to guard flags), while BM/Surv both are viable for arenas on different comps.

2) Which class has more variety in its skills? ( like engi in gw2 )

I would say it is a tie between mages and rogues. On a side note, if you are looking for group utility you should go shaman.

3) Which class is more wanted in RBG's?

A tie between warlocks and rogues, but you will never be out of team if you play as a healer.

4) which server has the most rbg guilds? for hardcore/fun/competitive

According to http://www.arenamate.net/?region=&re...200&ladder=RBG it is:
    Tichondrious for US and Ravencrest for EU. I have always heard that Outland (EU) is better for pvp players, I may be wrong cause I don't play on EU.

Simply go Druid, it has two OP dps specs,
    1) Feral and Balance both have one of the best bursts in game and a good boomy can 1v3 skrimish/low cr rated games. Also both specs can push back, stun, root, cyclone, slow enemies.
    Ret also has one of the best bursts in game but not as viable in arena as Boomy/Feral, or RBGs as Boomy is
    Mage/Rogue has one of the best controls in rated pvp, with good burst, yest not as high burst as the former specs.

2) For RBGs it is all about what do you want to do, if you want Flag Carry then rogue, if you want play melee and call targets then DK, if you want to play melee and top dmg meters then Enhance. If you want go caster Boomy/Shadow/UA Locks usually the most demanded DPS casters for RBGs.

3) you don't really need guilds to form PvP grps since you can add ppl's btags/invite from other servers. For US servers Tich is very good, for Oceanic Frostmourne

Deleted
    Balance druid's can easily kill someone in 2-3 starsurges during cd's. And they're slippery fellas ^^

But WHY are you asking? in a very short time most specs are getting rehauled with the pre-patch to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Balance druid's can easily kill someone in 2-3 starsurges during cd's. And they're slippery fellas ^^

But WHY are you asking? in a very short time most specs are getting rehauled with the pre-patch to Legion.
    Most specs, but there are "favorite children" of Blizzard, classes that are always in a good or very good position: Mage, Lock, Rogue, Warrior, Druid and DK they are always good or amazing in Arena or RBGs, so as far as you roll those classes you will be fine.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. a Great Boomkin can easily carry 3s team to R1 or to Blizzcon, bad ones are easy to shut down and kill but good ones, as Killigrew mentioned Boomy can 3 shot some1 if you dont pay attention to Boomy's CDs

Deleted
    Well I main unholy and I can tell you WoD did not smile at me ^^ generally mages, locks, rogues are the 3 chosen ones in the top. But we've never faced a revamp like this one.

Aye, bad boomkins are easy to kill, good ones... almost impossible. They're one of the most satisfying specs to play in rbg aswell! Boomie-frost mage-hpala or some other healer is very solid in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Well I main unholy and I can tell you WoD did not smile at me ^^ generally mages, locks, rogues are the 3 chosen ones in the top. But we've never faced a revamp like this one.

Aye, bad boomkins are easy to kill, good ones... almost impossible. They're one of the most satisfying specs to play in rbg aswell! Boomie-frost mage-hpala or some other healer is very solid in arena.
    U can go Frost and ull be fine (DKs even unholly still viable in RBGs), i main Ret, i get only 1 shitty dps spec.... =(. Boomy/UA lock is one of the most aids 2s comps out there XD

This and last season, Enh shammies are very very strong in RBGs, they can often outdps UA/Shadow/Boomies. But Enh is a very gimmick spec, sometimes they are OP, most of the time they are "OK" or crap. So def a safe choice go Boomy if you want Burst/mobility/cc and RBG

Deleted
    how about what you mostly enjoy to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomoya View Post
    how about what you mostly enjoy to play?
    Out of mentioned above? Boomy hands down (i have four different lvl 90-100 boomies alts, that all leveled from lvl1)
    I also pvp as Enh + I main Ret for almost 9 years, but Ret doesnt really fit the "wanted RBG class" criteria

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    U can go Frost and ull be fine (DKs even unholly still viable in RBGs), i main Ret, i get only 1 shitty dps spec.... =(. Boomy/UA lock is one of the most aids 2s comps out there XD
    I rather not play at all than be pigeonholed into Frost xD Allthough, I did play frost because, what the hell should I do. But it's not even half as satisfying as cata-mop unholy And yeah, rets </3