Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Can we lock this thread too, based on the gender specific agenda Tennisace is again trying to push when there is none.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You didn't call anything out. My title is accurate. Increasing numbers of women in Japan are dying from overwork.
    Nice try.
    Oh, absolute. But it's like reading a paper on global deforestation and making the thread "South-east Asia suffering from deforestation!".

In other words, you've got your blinders on.

I see a gender related thread...... getting triggered....

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Oh, absolute. But it's like reading a paper on global deforestation and making the thread "South-east Asia suffering from deforestation!".

In other words, you've got your blinders on.
    You're not going to get through to him.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Japan needs a cultural readjustment at some point. but I'm not really sure what would be the best move.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Labor force patricipation among Japanese women is the lowest in the the first world, mostly because the corporate structure in Japan is unkind to people who have to take a long time off. So I highly doubt their suicide numbers from their careers--if any--have done anything but remained constant or decreased.

Once Japanese women have kids, it's pretty much career suicide unless they take their talents outside of Japan.

Given that Japanese women are women with the highest education, the west will soon take notice and take a lot of Japan's underutilized talent away.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2016-04-04 at 02:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your title doesn't correctly represent what the article talks about: "dying from overwork" has a much wider meaning than "committing suicide due to overwork". The way you worded it sounds like people literally die on their working places of exhaustion. Not to mention that the article talks about different categories of people for whom the mentioned increase has been noticed, while you decided to put only women in your title... Feels unfair towards the rest of people facing the same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

This is such bunk. Japanese people today don't work nearly as hard as they did 30 years ago.

There are other factors that contribute to these deaths. Stress from bad family life, awful dieting, drinking, smoking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Your title doesn't correctly represent what the article talks about: "dying from overwork" has a much wider meaning than "committing suicide due to overwork". The way you worded it sounds like people literally die on their working places of exhaustion. Not to mention that the article talks about different categories of people for whom the mentioned increase has been noticed, while you decided to put only women in your title... Feels unfair towards the rest of people facing the same issue.
    The article for the most part is actually about working so long that you die from exhaustion. He's just failing at quoting the more relevant parts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    Can we lock this thread too, based on the gender specific agenda Tennisace is again trying to push when there is none.
    Women are dying from overwork. Why should this be locked?

Not true as far as I can tell. He just posted a story about how racism was an issue in Canada.
    Why are you speaking in the third person...?

*Tenn thread! Tenn thread! Tenn thread!* *Click* *Yes!!!* *10 points!*

*Posts annoying comment then leaves without reading*

Women are dying from overwork. Why should this be locked?
    Because you made the thread into a gender subject by ignoring what the article says about males, completely removing them from the equation, and and focusing solely of women above the men. And according to the newest update to the General Off-Topic forum rules, gender is now a forbidden topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread, which shouldn't have really remained open, went off the rails fast.