Page 23 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    This has nothing to do with power and who Illidan is. Using the magic of the enemy against them is the very essence of the demon hunter - the class that Illidan invented. That is what made Illidan who he is because he went used dark powers to achieve an overall noble goal but still be questionable.

Fuck, in the very quotation Illidan himself says it isn't who he is. How can you argue against that?
    There was a sense of rightness about this, as if he looked upon a vision of the unborn future. For a moment he could not believe in it, but then his doubts rushed back. This could not be true. It was not any path he had ever set out on. It was not who he was. He was a fighter and a killer , as driven by darkness and his own desires as he was by any urge to do right.
    damn,I forgot about this quote.well,if Illidan himself doesn't sees himself as some Light wielding fucktard then who are we to argue,really????

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    Uhm, yes, because it actually makes sense, since he is, uhm... a fucking priest
    Exactly. He's a puny priest. Can you see him leading the charge against a massive demon army? With goddam Fearbreaker in hand, hardly being able to lift it over his head? Anduin can become the leader of the army of light. Illidan can be his most powerful champion. How does that not work?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    Say what, hungry for power dude, not going to the must powerful thing, isn't illidan, are people just upset that light>fel?
    no. because he does it above all for his own interests. Illidan is not the sort of person who does anything for "the greater good" but rather does the good deed because it is in his own personal interest.

Granting Illidan holy powers and let him be the champion of light, that indicates the person has a selfless personality and a morality bordering on the side of good and Illidan is not like that.

All they had to do was to let him devise a plan to take care of the legion using their own weapons (fel magic) against them. That's what being a demon hunter is about, they're not demon hunters anymore if they don't use the power of fel.

Of all the characters in the lore, (Paladins, Priests, etc.) they had to choose the one person who has absolutely NOTHING to do with holy magic. I don't even know what to say anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    Exactly. He's a puny priest. Can you see him leading the charge against a massive demon army? With goddam Fearbreaker in hand, hardly being able to lift it over his head? Anduin can become the leader of the army of light. Illidan can be his most powerful champion. How does that not work?
    Obviously Illidan could lead an army against demons. But not as the head of the Army of the Light. You know why? Hint: it's in the name.
    Anduin might not be the best choice to lead the army either, a Paladin like Turalyon would probably be better, but it definitely makes more sense than Illidan. Illidan's role should be to lead his Demon Hunters. Not Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    no. because he does it above all for his own interests. Illidan is not the sort of person who does anything for "the greater good" but rather does the good deed because it is in his own personal interest.

Granting Illidan holy powers and let him be the champion of light, that indicates the person has a selfless personality and a morality bordering on the side of good and Illidan is not like that.

All they had to do was to let him devise a plan to take care of the legion using their own weapons (fel magic) against them. That's what being a demon hunter is about, they're not demon hunters anymore if they don't use the power of fel.

Of all the characters in the lore, (Paladins, Priests, etc.) they had to choose the one person who has absolutely NOTHING to do with holy magic. I don't even know what to say anymore.
    Oh I didn't know you spoke for the light, what about marrad he wanted to kill all the orcs, but its ok for him but not for illidan

Deleted
    Oh I didn't know you spoke for the light, what about marrad he wanted to kill all the orcs, but its ok for him but not for illidan
    comparing illidan to maraad just shows that you don't get it

Deleted
    What's bad about killing a bunch of rapists and murderers?

Deleted
    Obviously Illidan could lead an army against demons. But not as the head of the Army of the Light. You know why? Hint: it's in the name.
    Anduin might not be the best choice to lead the army either, a Paladin like Turalyon would probably be better, but it definitely makes more sense than Illidan. Illidan's role should be to lead his Demon Hunters. Not Paladins.
    And what is exactly in that name? It is just the big cosmic force that is the opposite of the Void. It does not care for your class. It does not care for your race. And I specifically said Anduin is leading the army as its General. Behind the scenes directing and stuff, while Illidan, arguably the most proficient demon killing machine is at the front murdering everything with his new Light powers.

And for that matter Illidan is not leading DHs or Palas. He is leading Azeroth's interracial/classial army.

comparing illidan to maraad just shows that you don't get it
    Or it shows that you don't get it? You're saying any warrior infused with Light has to be pure and nice and a goody-two-shoes. Maraad, one of the most prominent Paladins was a genocidial maniac despite what we might think about him. Granted he wanted to murderkill evil corrupted orcs, but still he wanted to murder all of them. Illidan also just wants to murderkill all the demons. He is actually a much nicer guy in that respect than Maraad.
    Last edited by mmoc5337f9d117; 2016-04-06 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    What's bad about killing a bunch of rapists and murderers?
    Aside becoming murderer as well? Probably nothing :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    And what is exactly in that name? It is just the big cosmic force that is the opposite of the Void. It does not care for your class. It does not care for your race. And I specifically said Anduin is leading the army as its General. Behind the scenes directing and stuff, while Illidan, arguably the most proficient demon killing machine is at the front murdering everything with his new Light powers.

And for that matter Illidan is not leading DHs or Palas. He is leading Azeroth's interracial/classial army.

Or it shows that you don't get it? You're saying any warrior infused with Light has to be pure and nice and a goody-two-shoes. Maraad, one of the most prominent Paladins was a genocidial maniac despite what we might think about him. Granted he wanted to murderkill evil corrupted orcs, but still he wanted to murder all of them. Illidan also just wants to murderkill all the demons. He is actually a much nicer guy in that respect than Maraad.
    This is exactly what I mean

People (Nelfs included) can change...
    Also, if it hasen't been retconed yet, Many of Illidans decisions during WoTA were made the Old Gods and Xavius's whispers.

But, yeah. He's a pretty selfish person.

Madness will consume you!!!

Taking a sober second look...

They mentioned there would be a price. So far, we see a Holy, mostly chill Illidian after being told that there would be a price.

So we see the endgame but not the transition, and I have a funny feeling that the Final encounter is still a ways off.

A lot can happen between then and now. Who knows what whacky shit they;ll throw at us un the intermission to make this more plausible.

Deleted
    exactly.he can go fight the Void but don't turn him into this Light shit.it is really bad as fuck.he himself knows that he is driven by darkness not light.lets just leave it that.besides,Demon Hunters would lose their most iconic figure.Tyrande and Malfurion are the good guys and Illidan will be bad and good but certainly not being of light with "Light making him feel peace or making him feel the hope of redemption".
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-04-06 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    exactly.he can go fight the Void but don't turn him into this Light shit.it is really bad as fuck.he himself knows that he is driven by darkness not light.lets just leave it that.
    He himself knows that he WAS driven by darkness. "Was", not "is", and all his reasoning were based on his presumption that Light is good - which might or might not be true. He has years and expansions to change, or realize that maybe being a champion of the Light isn't all that good and holy as he (and apparently some people here) thought, depends on which direction Blizzard want to take.

Heck, the fact that it was mentioned in the novel proved one thing - that Blizzard know it'd be strange to some people if they are to shoehorn Illidan's transformation. Which means they will spend time to develop that plotline, to make it reasonable and it's likely they might have already roughly planned the course of the events. It's called character development.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-04-06 at 11:44 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    Taking a sober second look...

They mentioned there would be a price. So far, we see a Holy, mostly chill Illidian after being told that there would be a price.

So we see the endgame but not the transition, and I have a funny feeling that the Final encounter is still a ways off.

A lot can happen between then and now. Who knows what whacky shit they;ll throw at us un the intermission to make this more plausible.
    They're gonna ascend him to godhood, Then have him "sacrifice" himself to stop Sargares for good.

basically Kerrigan v.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    He himself knows that he WAS driven by darkness. "Was", not "is", and all his reasoning were based on his presumption that Light is good - which might or might not be true. He has years and expansions to change, or realize that maybe being a champion of the Light isn't all that good and holy as he (and apparently some people here) thought, depends on which direction Blizzard want to take.
    ofc it says "was" because the vision clearly made Illidan as a being of Light which he immediately thought that he "was driven by The Light instead of Darkness" and hence why he is that being of Light and why "was" was put instead of "is" which is also shit as hell if it ever happens but this is irrelevant.if that shithead didn't show him that vision then he would still thought of himself driven by darkness.

he perfectly described himself as "fighter and a killer driven by darkness".he is dark,a fighter and a killer.Naaru must be on drugs.no way I'm gonna accept that.

I basically give up on this discussion.it seems its over.I cannot remove those images from my head.I will discuss something else here if someone posts something more interesting.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-04-06 at 12:06 PM.

It's called character development, get over it.

People change, characters change. Or would you prefer static, one-dimensional characters like a cartoon show?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It's called character development, get over it.

People change, characters change. Or would you prefer static, one-dimensional characters like a cartoon show?

We prefer writing that's not fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Summoner2 View Post
    I have been an advocator of Zealotry for a long time..
    yeah, that's what i called it back when akama was around. it's such a cool idea.

i mean, ret has some talents related to zealotry, but the big 2h weapon doesn't feel zealous to me. zealous should be fast and hard, with dual weapons to unleash the most pain.