Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah the new lore sucks

I liked it far better before all those new revelations lol

now it's just THE LIGHT, THE VOID how complex and diverse

huehuehue, I shouldn't have expected anything but garbage to be fair
    There is nothing new about the Light and the Void, just that they were the responsible for the creation of the universe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No, because Light is a zealotry cosmic douche. See what happened with the Blood Elves, see what happened with the Broken.
    it seemed to have worked just fine for the Scarlets and the Twilight's Hammer dudes too

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing new about the Light and the Void, just that they were the responsible for the creation of the universe.
    Uhm the Void Lords? The new reason(the 3rd by now actually) why Sargeras went nuts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    and that's why the pantheon died in the first place
    and that's why it doesn't make sense how sarg "a being of Arcane" could consume and transform into "being of fel"
    Sargeras got slowly used to Fel by fighting demons for thousands and thousands of years. The rest of the Pantheon were like babies who never took a cold before.

So why then don't they use the Light? Because they're stupid?

Or because there's no god damn reason and this lore just sucks?
    The Blood Elves lost their connection because they fell prey of desperation and began to blame the Light for all their problems. When they stopped being whiny bitches, they managed to get it back.

Again, the Light isn't a power source like any other. Like the Void, it both influences and gets influenced by a person's soul and mind. This is the difference with Arcane and Fel, Arcane only needs a lot of study and Fel not even that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Sargeras got slowly used to Fel by fighting demons for thousands and thousands of years. The rest of the Pantheon were like babies who never took a cold before.

The Blood Elves lost their connection because they fell prey of desperation and began to blame the Light for all their problems. When they stopped being whiny bitches, they managed to get it back.

Again, the Light isn't a power source like any other. Like the Void, it both influences and gets influenced by a person's soul and mind. This is the difference with Arcane and Fel, Arcane only needs a lot of study and Fel not even that.
    How convenient, that the magic powered by feelings is the strongest.

Junior highschool level writing.

And of course, because good guys have to win, the Light for (insert reason) is stronger than the Void and the universe is saved. Hooray.

Deleted
    it seemed to have worked just fine for the Scarlets and the Twilight's Hammer dudes too
    Wonder why...

Uhm the Void Lords?
    What about them? A void dimension is not new, it was introduced back in TBC and was hinted several times (like in Velen's prophecy).

10+ Year Old Account
    More like character homicide.

The entire character of Illidan is that of a selfish douchebag, that's what makes him interesting.

This makes him not interesting.
    Lol, no, gtfo with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    huehuehue, I shouldn't have expected anything but garbage to be fair
    Admit it man, you're just pissed that the all-mighty god Sargeras is nothing but a bitch stuck between two mastodontic cosmic forces lmao
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Deleted
    Wonder why...

What about them? A void dimension is not new, it was introduced back in TBC and was hinted several times (like in Velen's prophecy).
    They're suddenly the reason why Sargeras went nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Admit it man, you're just pissed that the all-mighty god Sargeras is nothing but a bitch stucked between two cosmic forces lmao
    Yes, yes I am.

And that's why this new garbage lore sucks.

Two opposing cosmic forces dictating things is just boring imo. Far more interesting to have civilzations clash and that to be the center of it all, instead of Black vs White, literally. If Blizzard writers weren't so bad, we'd have the lore revolve around the Titans and their conflict with another civilization, i.e the Legion. Oh well, a good old Good vs. Evil story, as simple as it gets, is totally better. Got it.

They absolutely butchered the Starcraft lore in the same way.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    It's funny to see how one can reach Light or Void. For the Light, it's through believe and zealotry, for the Void, through insanity. They are so close and that might explain why the Cathedral became a Void nest.

- - - Updated - - -

They're suddenly the reason why Sargeras went nuts.
    Wrong, he was already nuts. The discovery of the Old Gods and the Void Lords simply sent Sargeras to overdrive.

10+ Year Old Account
    How convenient, that the magic powered by feelings is the strongest.

Junior highschool level writing.
    It was the same in Star Wars, it is in countless other fictions.

Good = stronger but harder to harness

Evil = weaker but easier to use

Besides, the Light is not alone in that. The Void is the same, it works on "feelings", except is super fucking evil.

And of course, because good guys have to win, the Light for (insert reason) is stronger than the Void and the universe is saved. Hooray.
    The Light is stronger than Fel, not necessarily stronger of the Void. And we always knew that, the Light was always super effective against demons and undead.

Deleted
    Two opposing cosmic forces dictating things is just boring imo. Far more interesting to have civilzations clash and that to be the center of it all, instead of Black vs White, literally.
    Ever seen Babylon 5? The show was literally because Light vs. Shadow, at the end the galactic races told to the Vorlons and the Shadows to get the hell out of the galaxy.

Deleted
    It was the same in Star Wars, it is in countless other fictions.

Good = stronger but harder to harness

Evil = weaker but easier to use

Besides, the Light is not alone in that. The Void is the same, it works on "feelings", except is super fucking evil.

The Light is stronger than Fel, not necessarily stronger of the Void. And we always knew that, the Light was always super effective against demons and undead.
    Yeah Star Wars sucks for the same reason. Stories made for simpletons.

In a good story, evil people are more powerful and screw everybody over, because that's what actually happens in the real world lol. In a good story, you have countless shades of gray and complex characters.

Sith vs Jedi, Hobbit vs Orc is why I hate both Star Wars and LOTR, at the end of the day both of these franchises are extremely immature and simple.

WoW's lore used to be far more than that. Alas, no longer.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, yes I am.

And that's why this new garbage lore sucks.

Two opposing cosmic forces dictating things is just boring imo. Far more interesting to have civilzations clash and that to be the center of it all, instead of Black vs White, literally. If Blizzard writers weren't so bad, we'd have the lore revolve around the Titans and their conflict with another civilization, i.e the Legion. Oh well, a good old Good vs. Evil story, as simple as it gets, is totally better. Got it.

They absolutely butchered the Starcraft lore in the same way.
    Lol which civilizations, it was a good vs evil crap all along. Titans were inherently good, the Legion and the demons inherently evil with Sargeras gone bonkers because fight demons was pointless. It was still us against him, and the final result was still Us = Good, Sargeras = Bad.

Deleted
    Ever seen Babylon 5? The show was literally because Light vs. Shadow, at the end the galactic races told to the Vorlons and the Shadows to get the hell out of the galaxy.
    Nah, I haven't. But I'm sure I'd despise it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol which civilizations, it was a good vs evil crap all along. Titans were inherently good, the Legion and the demons inherently evil with Sargeras gone bonkers because fight demons was pointless. It was still us against him, and the final result was still Us = Good, Sargeras = Bad.
    The thing is, it was races against different races. A clash of civilizations, not cosmic forces per se.

On one hand you had the Titans and their worlds, on the other hand you had Sargeras and the Legion's. The lore could have expanded on that so much and it would have been great.

Now this conflict is completely overshadowed by the greater forces . Completely undermining everything Warcraft is about. They've ruined everything.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    Nah, I haven't. But I'm sure I'd despise it.
    One of the best sci-fi TV shows ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a good story, evil people are more powerful and screw everybody over, because that's what actually happens in the real world lol
    Except we're not talking of people but cosmic powers. Fel is destructive and easily accessible, that's it. No law whatsoever says that it needed to be stronger because reasons.

Light being stronger because it requires a bloody effort to use it makes sense. And still, Void can be as much as strong.

Deleted
    Except we're not talking of people but comsic powers. Fel is destructive and easily accessible, that's it. No law whatsoever says that it needed to be stronger because reasons.

Light being stronger because it requires a bloody effort to use it make sense. And still, Void can be as much as strong.
    Fel literally requires you to be ruthless and sacrifice things (people/life). It's as evil as it gets. Yet it's weaker than feelings magic.

Great writing.

7+ Year Old Account
    we are running on circle's here
    stop this now

10+ Year Old Account
    Fel literally requires you to be ruthless and sacrifice things (people/life). It's as evil as it gets. Yet it's weaker than feelings magic.
    Fel is risky because it's super corruptive/destructive magic. Its destructive potential is far superior to the Arcane, even though the Arcane requires actual efforts to be learned. Of course you pay some price for the easy way.

Point is, Light and Void are both utterly above these magics, because these are the fundamental foundations of the universe.

Deleted
    Fel is risky because it's super corruptive/destructive magic. Its destructive potential is far superior to the Arcane, even though the Arcane requires actual efforts to be learned, but of course you pay some price for the easy way.

Point is, Light and Void are both utterly above these magics, because these are the fundamental foundations of the universe.
    And I fucking hate it.

It undermines everything, by clearly establishing Good and Evil. (Or at least something really close to it..)

Before, you had Titans vs Demons, with the Titans being pragmatic and not connected to the Light per se, destroying entire worlds etc and the Demons having civilizations instead of being Walking Black Holes like the Void Lords.

Now the Titans are gone, the Demons are the galactic pest control and ultimately the story is now about the Light and the Void and no longer about a conflict of peoples or morality.

I just wanted something completely different and I don't like the new bad guys and the impact they have on the lore, I guess.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-06 at 08:51 PM.